DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

RANE in-loop sampling

Arquinton 6:45 AM - 2 December, 2014
So this weekend I purchased a RANE-62 since I wanted an upgrade from my Pioneer DJM-400. One of the best features from my old mixer was the ability to create a loop from my mixer and loop it in the background while i had two different tracks playing on my turntables. it was simple as one push of a button and the best part about it, it had nothing to do with the mixer or serato! i shelled out the $2000 for the new mixer and I find myself just wanting to use my old mixer instead, and i am really thinking about returning it. my DJM-400 is going on almost 7 years old and i am amazed that this technology just fell off. is there a way to loop things in the background or is there a way to send stuff to the sampler without dragging it on the computer? I find this feature kind-of frustrating.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:47 PM - 2 December, 2014
You can create an infinite loop on the 62 using the Hold Echo.
gfella 11:32 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
it was simple as one push of a button and the best part about it, it had nothing to do with the mixer or serato

It had to do with your mixer because the button is on your mixer;)

Quote:

i shelled out the $2000 for the new mixer and I find myself just wanting to use my old mixer.

Next time, do some research.
Here is more information about the 62 and loops:

serato.com
Arquinton 9:36 AM - 3 December, 2014
I've been looking around and been playing with it but is there a way to use the hold echo in cue mode or a way to create a loop in my cue and slowly fade it in? Or does it alway build off the master out or what ever is playing live?
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:09 PM - 3 December, 2014
You won't be able to cue the echo a head of time nor is there a volume knob for the level of the hold echo.