Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

My Technic 1200MK2 shows a flat line in Serato

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
TerryB 1:30 AM - 12 April, 2009
Product: scratchlive
Version: 1.8.3
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.4
---

Something is wrong with my Rane/Serato Scratch Live.

I've checked my Technic 1200's ground wire, the RCA cable, switched it from phono to line and vice-versa, switched the RCA connection from input 1 to 2 and vice-versa, changed the needle, etc..., yet my Technic still shows a flat vertical line in Serato. I made sure I'm running the latest version (1.8.3), etc.. But when I go direct into my Vestax PMC-05ProSl mixer, the Technic works fine!! So it's NOT my turntable!!

My other turntable (a Numark TTX) works fine. Please help!
Thank you,
Antares Bennett

P.S. The system wouldn't let me update my e-mail address, from asb1914@nyu.edu to the new address which is asb453@nyu.edu

dj shadow from detroit 2:13 AM - 12 April, 2009
one channel connected.

either the head shell is not touching the connectors in the tone arm.or bad rca's.
keilamym 1:45 AM - 13 April, 2009
the way to find out which channel is bad is to disconnect one channel and see if the signal goes away... if it does, then thats the good channel, if it doesn't then that line is the bad one.
dj shadow from detroit 4:06 PM - 13 April, 2009
yep
Rane, Support
Chad S. 4:12 PM - 13 April, 2009
Scratch Live needs an even stereo signal to operate. The flat line tells us that it is not receiving that.

Regular vinyl will play with uneven levels, it will just be quieter out of one speaker than the other.

You have the right troubleshooting methods. Good Luck :)