Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

#FAIL BPM automatically go faster for a second and the grey line turns all Red

DJTILT 6:02 PM - 14 September, 2014
So decided to try out Serato DJ again with 1.7 since I own the SP1

At the club during warm up, the tracks just sped up on its own and the tracking indicator goes completely red. It did it like 4 times so I just closed it before club started filling up and went back to Scratch Live.

Really thought it could work this time. Also noticed that the USB clipping light goes on from time to time, even when my cpu is idle and no tracks even playing.

Never have any problems with Scratch Live but I really wanna use the SP1. Maybe its time to switch to Traktor.
DJ Tecniq 8:27 PM - 14 September, 2014
Quote:
So decided to try out Serato DJ again with 1.7 since I own the SP1

At the club during warm up, the tracks just sped up on its own and the tracking indicator goes completely red. It did it like 4 times so I just closed it before club started filling up and went back to Scratch Live.

Really thought it could work this time. Also noticed that the USB clipping light goes on from time to time, even when my cpu is idle and no tracks even playing.

Never have any problems with Scratch Live but I really wanna use the SP1. Maybe its time to switch to Traktor.
Was you internet disabled? Noticed SDJ goes bonkers if wifi is on. Scratchlive is still #1 for me. SDJ is just terrible.
Papa Midnight 8:42 PM - 14 September, 2014
One) So that your issue can be properly tracked by Serato, can you create a help request in the appropriate forum for your owned device that you're experiencing the issue on (I mean your primary device. I think from your indicating that you went back to SSL, that might mean your Rane mixer or Audio Interface)?

Two) This sounds similar to an issue I was having. See here, and the video linked therein: serato.com

You mentioned that you see USB alerts at the same time. I don't see a system profile (that is at least public) on your account. Can you post your computer specifications?
DJTILT 9:08 PM - 14 September, 2014
MACBOOK PRO
OSX 10.8.5
SERATO DJ 1.7
SL3

Papa Midnight, it sounds like your problem. How did you solve it.

I'm using Scratch Live at the club until this issue can be resolved.
DJTILT 9:42 PM - 14 September, 2014
DJ TECNIQ.... I am not sure... but that shouldn't affect it if it is. It doesn't with Scratch Live.
Frankie Glasses 6:41 PM - 15 September, 2014
Adjust your buffer to temporarily fix this issue.
DJTILT 8:41 PM - 5 October, 2014
I did all this... and it happened to me last week in Bahamas. Made sure all wifi/bluetooth off, adjusted buffer to higher rate and after 20/25min.... tracking indicator becomes all red, song song sounds different and not clear and bpm jumps up and down quickly without even touching the pitch control.

Had to put a cd on and run Scratch Live. They shouldve made SP1 work with Scratch Live and it would solve all problems.
Papa Midnight 1:45 AM - 6 October, 2014
Out of curiosity, have you tried an earlier version of Serato DJ, as a just in case (i.e. 1.6.x)?

serato.com
Serato, Support
Micah G. 12:07 AM - 23 October, 2014
Hey DJTILT,

Hit up the support team, and we can look into this for you. Start a help request here - support.serato.com

Micah