Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Yosemite

sunstarfire 11:54 AM - 27 June, 2014
No idea whether this has been said before (I did not see it):

Serato DJ 1.6.3 runs perfectly with the Beta 2 of Yosemite.

May the Sound be with you!

S.
HV 10:46 PM - 8 July, 2014
What controller are you using?

I tried my DDJ SB on Developer Preview 2 and Developer Preview 3 but no luck.
You can only run in offline mode but when you plug in your hardware, it still says "No compatible DJ device detected".

serato.com
sunstarfire 2:17 PM - 9 July, 2014
Hey. Sorry took me a little to check. Got a DDJ S1 with Yosemite Preview 3, and it works flawlessly.

S.
HV 6:40 PM - 10 July, 2014
good for you :)
sunstarfire 6:43 PM - 10 July, 2014
Maybe it's hardware, too... Mine is a 15" MBP late 2013, discrete graphics and all. But it definitely seems like not all the hardware is working. I do not have another laptop to check it on.

Generally it's absolutely correct: Especially if it is not working for some, DO NOT UPDATE!
Joe Fresh 1:33 AM - 11 July, 2014
As most of the major changes in Yosemite are UI changes (moving towards an iOS-like flat design), I'm not anticipating any problems with audio performance or production software.

But yeah, better to wait, just in case.
KLEPTO671 10:15 AM - 25 July, 2014
I received an email for the Yosemite beta. I really want to try it out but I'm afraid that if I do, when I connect my DDJ-SZ, it won't recognize it.
boabmatic 9:37 AM - 29 July, 2014
I installed it on an external drive rather than my main drive to try out the beta.

It runs a little slower as its via USB but good enough to get a feel of the new OS.
Not tried Serato DJ on it yet as I trying to clear out my decks room at the moment so all my gear is disconnected.