Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Itch Crashes Upon Closing Program

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
SammyC 9:07 PM - 29 January, 2014
Every time I delete a crate and try to close the Itch it crashes. When I leave the crate there, I don't get a crash. I'd like to be able to delete this particular crate because I have no need for it anymore and would like to leave space for new crates I'm working on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Sam
Serato, Support
Micah G. 10:04 PM - 29 January, 2014
Hey SammyC,

Do you have any of your Serato files stored on an external drive?

Let me know :-)

Cheers,
Micah
SammyC 10:11 PM - 29 January, 2014
Hey Micah!

Thank you for the response. I have all of my music and the serato & backup folder stored on an external drive. I'm using itunes to import & organize music, then load it into serato and put into crates.

Thank you,

Sam
Serato, Support
Micah G. 10:20 PM - 29 January, 2014
Hey Sam,

We can delete that crate from your _Serato_ folder. To do that follow these steps:

Music > _Serato_ > Crates > Delete crate from there.

You'll need to do this on both your computer HD & your external HD. Make sure you create a backup of your _Serato_ folder as well if you don't already have one (name it _Serato_Backup_).

Let me know how that goes :-)

Cheers,
Micah
SammyC 10:57 PM - 29 January, 2014
Hi Micah,

Inside the Music Folder inside my HD, under Serato, the crates folder only contains an old recorded.crate file. It didn't have any of the serato crates I created.

I went into my external drive, into the serato & crates folder and deleted the playlist (crate) I didn't want.

As soon as I reopened serato, I noticed the crate was gone and when I closed it, NO CRASH!

Thank you Micah! Is there anything else I should look for when creating/deleting crates or any suggestions for preventing this from happening again?

Thank you again!
Serato, Support
Micah G. 12:45 AM - 30 January, 2014
Awesome, glad that's sorted!

In future you should be able to delete crates by just pressing cntrl + delete. It seems like that crate was having problems because it had corrupted, if that happens in future, let us know :-)

Cheers,
Micah
8:00 AM, 13 Feb 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.