Pitch 'n Time Studio Plug-In General Discussion

Talk about Pitch 'n Time Studio Plug-in.

What is Pitch n Time DJ???

DJ Nexus2000 2:53 AM - 25 January, 2014
In The latest page it shows Pitch n Time DJ. What is it and how do you use it. does it work with the other Programs such as Serato DJ?

LINK : serato.com
blackavenger 3:07 AM - 25 January, 2014
It only works w' SeratoDJ.
Unit:E 7:53 AM - 27 January, 2014
Why can't we adjust pitch independently of tempo? I appreciate the ability to now adjust tempo to further extremes without destroying the sound or adjusting pitch, but for a paid plug in I would expect to have the ability to adjust pitch and time independently. A good keylock algorithm should have been standard in the software. Really on the fence about purchasing this...
blackavenger 12:44 PM - 27 January, 2014
Quote:
Why can't we adjust pitch independently of tempo? I appreciate the ability to now adjust tempo to further extremes without destroying the sound or adjusting pitch, but for a paid plug in I would expect to have the ability to adjust pitch and time independently.

Here's to hoping that you're wish becomes a reality.

serato.com
t1m 8:24 PM - 4 February, 2014
how do you get the code for this without paying bound to be a way
Unit:E 8:43 PM - 4 February, 2014
Seriously??
blackavenger 10:38 PM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:

LMAO, you actually had the nerve to post this on Serato's own forum.
fatz 5:42 PM - 12 February, 2014
Tim you funny as hell
Maxito 7:32 AM - 7 May, 2014
Hi , i just wanna know if Pitch´n Time is working on a Pioneer SZ , because, before haft SX , and SX haft not support to the 100% range(only to 50%), now i bought a SZ and i have same problem... Please help me with this problem.. Thanks a lot.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 4:04 AM - 31 May, 2014
Quote:

Haha, you got some nerve mate.

Quote:
Hi , i just wanna know if Pitch´n Time is working on a Pioneer SZ , because, before haft SX , and SX haft not support to the 100% range(only to 50%), now i bought a SZ and i have same problem... Please help me with this problem.. Thanks a lot.

Hey Maxito, Pitch 'n Time DJ is just a plug-in for Serato DJ independent of the hardware you have. It's got nothing to do with changing the pitch range, it is just a vastly superior sounding keylock system allowing you to adjust the tempo of tracks without changing the pitch and having a nice clean sound with no glitches/artefacts.

Those controllers only support pitch ranges of 8 / 16 / 50 %

Sam.
Maxito 4:31 AM - 31 May, 2014
Thanks a lot for replay Samuel S.
ninjagaijin 2:19 PM - 1 May, 2018
Quote:
Why can't we adjust pitch independently of tempo? I appreciate the ability to now adjust tempo to further extremes without destroying the sound or adjusting pitch, but for a paid plug in I would expect to have the ability to adjust pitch and time independently. A good keylock algorithm should have been standard in the software. Really on the fence about purchasing this...

Wow... it only does 'pitch AND time' and not 'pitch OR time'.. weak. I presumed it was like regular pitch shift.. you can shift pitch without changing tempo. As per a pitchshifting guitar/audio effect.

Paying for 90% pitch shift?? Traktor does it for free.. it might sound crap but I kind of like the artifacts. Seems like a crap addon without being able to keep tempo and change pitch.. that was honestly the only reason I considered it. For harmonic mixing. I don't like to destroy a track by speeding up super fast.. I could install a 78rpm feature on my turnie if I wanted that.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:35 PM - 9 May, 2018
Hey ninjagaijin,

This is a very old post (2014). Since then we have implemented new features in Pitch 'n Time DJ that allow you to adjust the key (pitch) independent of tempo. If you haven't already, you can start a trial of the Serato DJ Suite which includes Pitch 'n Time DJ and try it yourself :)

Cheers,
Michael.