Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Can i use my DDJ S1 to control scratch live in internal mode ?

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DjStevieG 9:46 AM - 27 November, 2013
I have been using Mix emergency for a long time to mix with videos in Scratch live. I recently bought Serato video because ME is not compatible with ITCH (But it is with scratch live).

After doing some vigorous testing i have found the output image quality is much better on ME than the output quality on Serato video. I'm not sure why this is as i know the same guy developed both programmes. However, on my machine at least there is a much smoother output when i use ME.

Another reason why i prefer ME to Serato video is you can simply drag & drop images (jpegs) over a deck to put a promotion image over that deck and STILL have the overlay on the middle output screen. I keep my logo on the output screen all the time so this is perfect, something i think Serato video have really missed out on.

So how can i use my DDJ S1 And still use ME ?

Can i use my DDJ S1 to control scratch live in internal mode ?
(this would add the benefit of the crossfader to fade between videos)

Does ME work with Serato DJ ? Maybe i can do it that way (even if it does mean buying ANOTHER programme ?

Ideally i'm hoping the guys at Serato can unlock itch so users can use ME. It works on Scratch live so it's not such a big thing is it ?

Please advise :-)
Serato, Support
Mak T 11:11 PM - 28 November, 2013
Hey Stevie,

Thanks for your patience. You will be able to MIDI Map the DDJ-S1 with Scratch Live however If you will not be able to get full functionality like you would if you were using Serato DJ or ITCH.

You will be able to use the DDJ-S1 to map nearly everything on the Scratch Live UI, except the virtual decks.

- How are you looking to Map your DDJ-S1?

Cheers

Mak T
DjStevieG 3:09 AM - 29 November, 2013
Thanks for the reply Mak T.

Great news !!

I guess i want to map the DDJ to all of the controls within internal mode ?

The main thing being cross fader and volume faders.

When you say i can map everything "except the virtual decks" does this mean the jog wheel wont work ?

Do you have any other suggestions on how i can run ME on ITCH ?

I saw there was a patch for it on the ME website but i dont really want to mess with renaming files etc. Hopefully there is a legit tried & tested way to make this happen ?

Thanks

Stevie
Serato, Support
Mak T 1:43 AM - 9 December, 2013
Hey DJStevieG

Quote:
The main thing being cross fader and volume faders.

- What would you like to map these faders to?

Quote:
When you say i can map everything "except the virtual decks" does this mean the jog wheel wont work ?

Yes thats correct.

In regards to compatibility with ME, you may need to do a little research into this, as it is a third party software. I suggest surveying the Serato Video general discussion area.

Cheers

Mak T
8:05 AM, 23 Dec 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.