Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

BPM Counter, decimal places and way too much vacant space on SDJ user interface

Mark Quest 9:55 AM - 22 October, 2013
OK.. this has been mentioned a few (actually more than a few) times. People are having trouble with the single decimal point on the BPM counter. Personally, i've never had a problem with it, until today..
You'll notice that when you engage 'sync' on the sample player, it actually shows the BPM with 2 decimal points. What I've found however, is that the BPM's don't match up consistently. For example, I moved the pitch fader so the sample player is showing at 122.15 BPM. On the virtual deck it's displayed as 122.1. but when you move the pitch up & it shows 122.17 on the sampler, it jumps up to 122.2 on the virtual deck!
This is clearly not matching up, and even though I was quite vocal about not needing another decimal place, after noticing the discrepancy between the sampler & the virtual deck, I now say this is a MUST HAVE.
All information displayed on SDJ should match up. It's weird how the sampler can show something being as 128.57, yet the virtual deck displays 128.6. it's only a few decimal points off, but it can affect your mix quite a bit & is just plain confusing.
Please fix! Now that the layout has been 'de-cluttered', there is PLENTY of room for another decimal point. I'll actually say I think you went too far in removing things from the GUI. I can understand people running 11" & 13" laptops need it, but what about the majority of people using 15" & bigger laptops, or people like myself using a 21.5" iMac - there is WAY too much vacant room now that loop & cues have been shortened to 5 & only one or the other, instead of previously when it showed either 8 cues/loops, or a combination of 4/4.
thankyou for your interest in this issue & I anticipate your response.
Mark Quest 9:57 AM - 22 October, 2013
"All information displayed on SDJ should match up. It's weird how the sampler can show something being as 128.57, yet the virtual deck displays 128.6. it's only a few decimal points off, but it can affect your mix quite a bit & is just plain confusing" especially after you changed how "Sync" works in 1.5.1
Crazyraider 9:30 PM - 23 October, 2013
Well, they responded to this thread. serato.com

First Serato sighting at Nov. 2, 2012. Of all the changes that have been proposed, this could be one of the easiest. Shift the BPM display's left boundary to the left Y pixels, shift the centerpoint left Z pixels, add another digit. To be fair, I haven't done GUI design before, but I have done coding before. If it's already pulling the BPM to one decimal from a source that's already accurate to two decimals, it isn't hard to change that to pulling two decimals.
Crazyraider 9:33 PM - 23 October, 2013
Oh, wow, I posted that to the wrong thread. Meant to post that here: serato.com
Rhadesh 9:42 AM - 10 January, 2014
Quote:
OK.. this has been mentioned a few (actually more than a few) times. People are having trouble with the single decimal point on the BPM counter. Personally, i've never had a problem with it, until today..
You'll notice that when you engage 'sync' on the sample player, it actually shows the BPM with 2 decimal points. What I've found however, is that the BPM's don't match up consistently. For example, I moved the pitch fader so the sample player is showing at 122.15 BPM. On the virtual deck it's displayed as 122.1. but when you move the pitch up & it shows 122.17 on the sampler, it jumps up to 122.2 on the virtual deck!
This is clearly not matching up, and even though I was quite vocal about not needing another decimal place, after noticing the discrepancy between the sampler & the virtual deck, I now say this is a MUST HAVE.
All information displayed on SDJ should match up. It's weird how the sampler can show something being as 128.57, yet the virtual deck displays 128.6. it's only a few decimal points off, but it can affect your mix quite a bit & is just plain confusing.
Please fix! Now that the layout has been 'de-cluttered', there is PLENTY of room for another decimal point. I'll actually say I think you went too far in removing things from the GUI. I can understand people running 11" & 13" laptops need it, but what about the majority of people using 15" & bigger laptops, or people like myself using a 21.5" iMac - there is WAY too much vacant room now that loop & cues have been shortened to 5 & only one or the other, instead of previously when it showed either 8 cues/loops, or a combination of 4/4.

++++++++1
Rhadesh 9:12 PM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:

++++1