Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

My Newest Twitter Quartz + Lower 3rd with Pictures Enabled (Sneak Peek)

Dokumentary 10:28 PM - 13 July, 2013
This is just a sneak peek at what VJ Xplicit and I have been working on for all you Video Report viewers. As you can see it still needs some work but it seems to be stable so far. I'm gonna test it out at my gig tonight and see how it goes. I'm gonna try to do a "cute meme" contest and have people tweet cute pics of cats or something and we'll give away T-Shirts or Phillies tickets or whatever swag the liquor rep has laying around. I'm sure the girls will have fun with it. Just hoping I don't get any dick pics. Lol
Let me know what you guys think. I'm hoping to make this available to everyone early next week. Follow me on Twitter (@Dokumentary) to get access to the DL link and keep an eye out on www.vjxplicit.com.
I'd like to get the Twitter feed to load a little quicker too. Currently it takes about 9-15 seconds to load. Also gonna change the font color on the lower 3rd from black to white. And I'm going to make the picture billboard bigger so you can see the pics better. Tell me what else I should change/fix.
VJ Xplicit and I talked about a lot of this stuff on the Video Report with Joshua Carl and DJ Eloy. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out here. www.remixreport.com. We have some other very cool stuff on the horizon as well so stay tuned.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Culprit 10:45 PM - 13 July, 2013
TAKE MY MONEY
Dokumentary 10:56 PM - 13 July, 2013
Quote:
TAKE MY MONEY

Haha... I'm actually thinking about taking donations cuz I had to subscribe to the Adobe Creative Suite to do a lot of the new stuff. We'll see.
If you wanna spend a few $ for something that is very cool, Check out VJ Xplicit's Facebook feed. www.vjxplicit.com
We're working together to do some dope quartzes. Coming soon.
GRiNDBoX 10:58 PM - 13 July, 2013
Will def throw some $ for that effort bro..
GRiNDBoX 10:59 PM - 13 July, 2013
Time to take a nap is 7am here in the future...hehehehe
Dokumentary 11:03 PM - 13 July, 2013
It's a new day in Shanghai, Japan! Lol
GRiNDBoX 5:57 AM - 14 July, 2013
Quote:
It's a new day in Shanghai, Japan! Lol

Hahahaha
Dj TopDonn 6:12 PM - 14 July, 2013
This is dope. Is it possible to make the second part of the qtz available as separate download that can be used on its own i.e the part where it says tweet your requests, shout-outs and pictures to see them on screen.
Dokumentary 8:50 PM - 14 July, 2013
Yep. It actually is 2 quartzes. I'm switching between them using Mixemergency Presets panel.
Dokumentary 9:37 PM - 14 July, 2013
A couple observations from last night...
Issue 1. With the Twitter feed being linear across the bottom, it makes both the text and the picture a little too small. (Even on the 72" TVs) So, I moved the picture up to the middle/right part of the screen.
Fix: I detached it from the background billboard and made the Message billboard and message text longer/ larger. See pic. app.box.com

Issue 2. Having done that, I actually had 2 people ask me where the pictures were coming from. I'm sure most people realized that the pics correspond to the tweet that is currently showing but if 2 people had to ask, then I guess it's not readily apparent.
Fix: I'm planning a pretty major redesign to the layout so the Message & Picture billboards connect somehow. Hopefully I can do this in a way that looks good when there is a pic showing but is not too intrusive when the tweet does not contain a pic.

Issue 3. The whole thing is just too large, too tall and generally obstructs the music video too much.
Fix: Change the layout so it's smaller and sits lower on the 16:9 screen but still keep the tweet text large and readable.

Issue 4. The pictures vary in size too much. Large pics take up too much space and small pics are hard to see from across the dance floor.
Fix: Find a way to make all pics display at the same height. (Width doesn't really matter as long as the aspect ratio doesn't get skewed. I haven't figured out how to do this with a standard QC patch. There is a Kineme patch that will work but I don't wanna make everyone have to install a 3rd party patch to their Library folder. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking. So far I've tried masking the image with the Rounded Rectangle patch and a Sprite but can't figure out how to make it manipulate height only. This would be ok if I didn't have to set a width as well. Or if all incoming pics were square. (Instagram Style)

Quartz guys, any suggestions?

There's a few smaller issues as well but I'm gonna get to work on these things right now. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions.
Dj Nyce 11:57 PM - 14 July, 2013
#winning
dj720 9:45 AM - 15 July, 2013
dope!
Joshua Carl 5:35 PM - 15 July, 2013
putting in SERIOUS WORK.

appreciated!
controversial 12:10 AM - 16 July, 2013
can't wait!!!
ta2423 12:19 AM - 16 July, 2013
+1 Good Stuff...
Dokumentary 12:35 PM - 16 July, 2013
Final sneak peek. (Hopefully) Watchwww.youtube.com

I'd like to make this available to you guys today or tomorrow. Just needs a little more testing. It's gonna be available in 4 colors with a matching Lower Thirds quartz. VJ Xplicit and I have been working on some cool stuff.

1. You won't need to host your own feed or have a website
2. When someone tweets a picture, it shows up on screen right in the tweet.
3. Swear word filter! Not only can you filter swear words, you can filter entire phrases.
e.g.: "This DJ sucks" turns into "This DJ is handsome" or anything else you want it to say.
4. No issues with Twitter's 15 requests per 15 minutes crap. You can open and close your feed (or switch to the lower 3rds and back) as much as you like.
5. Change the user name or hashtag as well as the amount of time back you want to display right inside Mixemergency. No need to make and load multiple quartzes e.g.: one for your user name + one for the club's user name + one for the event hashtag. Now you can display all of these with just one quartz. No reloading!
6. Future updates to layout will be made available. So we're not all using the same exact one. lol
7. Widescreen 16:9 since most of us are displaying on HD TVs. I can make 4:3 if enough people request it.

Known issues:
Still takes about 10-15 seconds for the feed to load.
Lower Third quartz uses a 3rd party Movie Importer patch. I'll include the patch in the download and make a video showing how to install it in QC. It's super easy to install but It would be nice to be able to skip this step though. I'll keep working on this one.

I welcome any feedback so I can wrap up testing and release it for you guys.
Joshua Carl 3:07 PM - 16 July, 2013
Dooooooioooooooiiioiiiiipe!!
Dj Nyce 3:27 PM - 16 July, 2013
brilliant
vinylmanipulator 3:41 PM - 16 July, 2013
nice...
phil F 4:45 PM - 16 July, 2013
i love this @dokumentary.

is there any thoughts on animating the FB quartz at all?

Phil
Dj TopDonn 10:47 PM - 16 July, 2013
@Dokumentary Your contributions are greatly appreciated. Looking forward to rocking these soon.
Dokumentary 11:26 PM - 16 July, 2013
Quote:
i love this @dokumentary.

is there any thoughts on animating the FB quartz at all?

Phil

Wait till u see what Xplicit is working on right now. That's all I can say for now.
phil F 12:01 AM - 17 July, 2013
@Dokumentary.... this makes me excited.... massive shame im not djing for the next month as i'm snowboarding in austria for a while
slimmjimm 2:02 AM - 17 July, 2013
I think I need to start really using twitter. Dope.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:56 AM - 17 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
i love this @dokumentary.is there any thoughts on animating the FB quartz at all?Phil
Wait till u see what Xplicit is working on right now. That's all I can say for now.

I was under the impression that I would have access to this through Xplicit's site?? I use his FB feed now as well.
dj720 12:24 PM - 17 July, 2013
dopeness!
PopRoXxX 9:29 PM - 17 July, 2013
AWESOME WORK! Ready to receive
Dokumentary 1:38 AM - 18 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i love this @dokumentary.is there any thoughts on animating the FB quartz at all?Phil

I was under the impression that I would have access to this through Xplicit's site?? I use his FB feed now as well.

Yeah. We're working together. This is just the beginning of a bunch of cool stuff. We're hoping to make this one available to you guys by tomorrow so everyone can get it set up and ready for weekend gigs.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:02 AM - 18 July, 2013
Alright cool! And Thanks for the reply ^^

Great work by the way!!
DJ Quartz 5:53 PM - 18 July, 2013
Very interested to see the final result of this.
GRiNDBoX 7:55 PM - 18 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah. We're working together. This is just the beginning of a bunch of cool stuff. We're hoping to make this one available to you guys by tomorrow so everyone can get it set up and ready for weekend gigs.

thanks bro...
Dj Owe 10:09 PM - 18 July, 2013
Looks frickin amazing cant wait to rock this in the club
Trystan 10:29 PM - 18 July, 2013
Awesome guys, can't wait till it's finished!
djclaudinho 11:42 PM - 23 July, 2013
how do i set up the green and grey twitter quartz.
i have tried almost everything and still doesn't work
need help please
controversial 12:19 AM - 24 July, 2013
is the qrtz file out yet? if so where can we DL it?
DJ Quartz 1:10 AM - 24 July, 2013
I was wondering the same.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:26 AM - 24 July, 2013
I know Xplicit has some posted on his site but I have yet to see the one with all the sites integrated (Facebook, twitter, instagram )
Dokumentary 6:09 AM - 24 July, 2013
The new twitter Quartz is on Xplicit's site. VJXPLICIT.COM
We'll have some detailed instructions for setting it up soon.
controversial 1:29 PM - 24 July, 2013
is this qrtz the one that works without me having to host my own rss feed?
Dj Nyce 2:15 PM - 24 July, 2013
when i try to download the Blue JS Twitter Feed w/ Graphic, a modal window pops up and disappears very quickly. so i can't download. i tried it with firefox and chrome.
DJ Quartz 3:37 PM - 24 July, 2013
Right on I got my own section on his webpage!

:p
DJ Quartz 3:39 PM - 24 July, 2013
@ Nyce

Same thing happens in Safari.
DJ Quartz 3:53 PM - 24 July, 2013
The Facebook file downloaded just fine.

Maybe it's not posted yet.
Frankie Glasses 8:00 PM - 24 July, 2013
Quote:
I know Xplicit has some posted on his site but I have yet to see the one with all the sites integrated (Facebook, twitter, instagram )

Yes this one would be nice
DJ Quartz 8:41 PM - 24 July, 2013
I don't think it's ready yet.

Anyone using the Facebook plugin?
Dj Nyce 8:49 PM - 24 July, 2013
Facebook white is working for me. The black isn't.
phil F 8:52 PM - 24 July, 2013
i havent tried the black one, but the white one is awesome, looking forward to some animated ones like the twitter
DJ Quartz 8:54 PM - 24 July, 2013
Just trying to grab the composer so I can change the connection info on the FB white.

Didn't get discs with my macbook.
DJ Quartz 9:00 PM - 24 July, 2013
FRIG, since they got hacked the downloads section is not available on the developer site.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
DJ Quartz 9:01 PM - 24 July, 2013
Could someone be a good samaritan and pm me. I will need someone to edit the file with the proper info and send it back to me.

FB white and black plugin.
phil F 9:01 PM - 24 July, 2013
Quote:
FRIG, since they got hacked the downloads section is not available on the developer site.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

who got hacked?
DJ Quartz 9:02 PM - 24 July, 2013
I received an email that the developer site got hacked about week or more ago.

Try going to developer.apple.com/downloads
djclaudinho 10:57 PM - 25 July, 2013
Please,i need instructions on how to set up the white facebook and the blue twitter plugins.
Can someone help me with this?

thanks
Dokumentary 12:52 AM - 26 July, 2013
PM me if you want the Twitter quartz customized with your logo! I can do custom colors, club logos, accompanying Lower 3rds, customized messages, animated twitter bird, and all types of other cool stuff. See the video Watchwww.youtube.com
Dokumentary 1:27 AM - 26 July, 2013
Puma, I got u. Send me your logo.
GRiNDBoX 4:48 AM - 26 July, 2013
transparent is cool!!! :)
djpuma_gemini 6:15 AM - 26 July, 2013
Quote:
Puma, I got u. Send me your logo.

will do.
DJ Quartz 2:12 PM - 27 July, 2013
Nyce hooked me up since the Apple developer site was down,

www.facebook.com
Trystan 7:12 PM - 30 July, 2013
Great work guys, mine works like a charm the last 2 weekends.
controversial 2:56 PM - 2 August, 2013
ok so is it out where I don't have to host my own rss feed, if so can someone walk me through it please thanks.
Dokumentary 5:48 PM - 2 August, 2013
Check out the video
serato.com
controversial 10:07 PM - 2 August, 2013
thanks,this is great!!!
popnwave 6:41 PM - 3 August, 2013
BTW, since I've been on sabbatical since November w/ only a few gigs to help friends, I really want to say the work you've guys have done on the feeds is amazing.

Thanks Dokumentary.
popnwave 12:49 PM - 4 August, 2013
Finally got to put it to use last night, VERY cool. Anyone ever have feed drop outs though? About 2/3 of the way through it just went blank and turning the qtz on/off didn't do much. I even turned off wifi and reenabled it with no luck.

Also early on when the feed is first started you get that blank one that seems to be in rotation and won't really go away as it cycles through.
GRiNDBoX 7:14 PM - 4 August, 2013
Quote:
Finally got to put it to use last night, VERY cool. Anyone ever have feed drop outs though? About 2/3 of the way through it just went blank and turning the qtz on/off didn't do much. I even turned off wifi and reenabled it with no luck.

Also early on when the feed is first started you get that blank one that seems to be in rotation and won't really go away as it cycles through.

thats what i observed also with mine..need to hit up xplicit on this issue
Dokumentary 12:51 AM - 5 August, 2013
Mine did that too. Started on Friday night. Hmm...
DJ Blvd 3:57 AM - 5 August, 2013
It's happening to me too
GRiNDBoX 9:02 AM - 5 August, 2013
Quote:
Mine did that too. Started on Friday night. Hmm...

hmm yeah thursday for me here..lol is this a server issue? well talkin to xplicit now and his lookin forward to this prob asap...he still busy with now...babysitting...lol
Joshua Carl 3:55 PM - 5 August, 2013
Ditto...

Too bad there wasn't a patch, so if/when the feed goes down it will goto a default "tweet"
DJ Blvd 8:49 PM - 5 August, 2013
I think this is another Twitter API issue and not a server issue. The same thing is happening whether I use the feed from Xplicit's server or from my server.
Dj Nyce 9:17 PM - 5 August, 2013
twitter api is working right now.

also the quartz is working for me with the feed hosted on my server.
Culprit 9:45 PM - 5 August, 2013
Could be a server side issue
DJ Quartz 1:48 PM - 6 August, 2013
Quote:

This is something I saw as well during testing as well.
heavysoulslinga 3:42 PM - 6 August, 2013
Quote:

Bump, also having this issue.
DJ Blvd 10:15 PM - 6 August, 2013
I figured out a workaround that helps out.

DO NOT USE A SECURED URL.

When you copy and paste a link from either Xplicit's or your private server, it normally copies a secured URL (i.e. "https://"). If you delete the "s" (i.e. "http://") after you paste, the tweets show up immediately. This helped me. Hopefully it helps you.
Dj Owe 1:25 PM - 7 August, 2013
Quote:
I figured out a workaround that helps out.

DO NOT USE A SECURED URL.

When you copy and paste a link from either Xplicit's or your private server, it normally copies a secured URL (i.e. "https://"). If you delete the "s" (i.e. "http://") after you paste, the tweets show up immediately. This helped me. Hopefully it helps you.

the man, tanks for sharing this info
djianl 9:46 PM - 14 August, 2013
anybody else having problems becoming a paid member on the vj explicit website?
i go to the $20 facebook rss signup page but there doesn't seem to be anything to click!

really need to get this feed up and running for tomorrow night here in the UK, it's exam results so I think it will be a great night to test it.
controversial 10:28 PM - 14 August, 2013
I had a problem this weekend, I sold a package with live FB feed and when i set it up it said "to many users on public server" I was so tight thank god I had a back up instagram feed and we went with that!!!
djianl 7:36 PM - 15 August, 2013
please anybody! how do i purchase the feed?
popnwave 11:56 AM - 16 August, 2013
Quote:
please anybody! how do i purchase the feed?

I see what you are referring to.. I'd send him a message on facebook, it might have been pulled for one reason or another.
DJ Tone (ATL's Own) 9:30 PM - 21 August, 2013
Xplicit's site is fixed now...
djkurve 3:40 PM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
@Dokumentary

Amazing! Could you do one with my logo?
djianl 4:04 PM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
PM me if you want the Twitter quartz customized with your logo! I can do custom colors, club logos, accompanying Lower 3rds, customized messages, animated twitter bird, and all types of other cool stuff. See the video Watchwww.youtube.com

Where do I download this version?

I've been on the VJ Explicit website but I only seem to have the Blue version!

Also I'm interested in getting it customised :-)
GRiNDBoX 6:52 PM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

yup its only blue and green version available on Xplicit's site...stay tuned for the other ones, Dokumentary will post it in the future, i think it still on the beta stage am not sure...
djianl 11:39 PM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yup its only blue and green version available on Xplicit's site...stay tuned for the other ones, Dokumentary will post it in the future, i think it still on the beta stage am not sure...

Ok I will hang on for that!

Next question.... My twitter photos don't show up in the popup box, I only get the twitterpic url at the bottom.
Am i doing something wrong?
GRiNDBoX 8:26 AM - 24 August, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok I will hang on for that!

Next question.... My twitter photos don't show up in the popup box, I only get the twitterpic url at the bottom.
Am i doing something wrong?

i experienced this last night, i need to ask dokumentary about this

:)
Joshua Carl 4:10 PM - 24 August, 2013
Are u sure that the Check box is ticked in the mix emergency quartz menu?
djianl 5:46 PM - 24 August, 2013
Yeah i have tried it ticked and also unticked, makes no difference :-(

Also is the time actually in hours because when I set it to 20 hours my tweets from 16 hours ago don't appear
DJ Tone (ATL's Own) 12:25 AM - 25 August, 2013
My Twitpics aren't coming up anymore either...Didn't work last night, and I've been playing with it all day and nothing works... Hopefully Dokumentary can provide some insight.
DJ Blvd 4:01 AM - 25 August, 2013
Xplicit's site is definitely having server issues.
Joshua Carl 5:17 AM - 25 August, 2013
You have to have the server time to like 26 hours because the server is on Australia time or something...
Anything less and your actually trying to pull from the future
Culprit 3:51 PM - 25 August, 2013
Great Scott!
djianl 5:32 PM - 25 August, 2013
pics seem to be working now :-)
GRiNDBoX 6:20 PM - 25 August, 2013
Quote:
pics seem to be working now :-)

yup just found out also...:) i think server problem? lol
Dokumentary 7:48 AM - 26 August, 2013
Quote:
Great Scott!

hahaha...
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:21 PM - 27 August, 2013
I see there's one with Facebook and Twitter but I can't find the one with Intsagram also. Is that not yet available??
Dj Owe 1:28 PM - 27 August, 2013
loving it dok n xplicit
ta2423 2:08 AM - 28 August, 2013
Quote:
I see there's one with Facebook and Twitter but I can't find the one with Intsagram also. Is that not yet available??

I dont think so. I I read ,reread, watched, re watched, did all the homework and customized the quartz. Didn't see anything aside twitter and Facebook. I do wish there was a way to use the Facebook Quartz for a page Im managing if there already isn't a way to do so. Anyways 6 hours later and dialed.
djianl 10:55 AM - 28 August, 2013
Will there ever be a way to block / filter what it displays?
The photo option is great until someone tweets a picture of a dick and you have to turn it off!
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:31 PM - 28 August, 2013
Is there a way to have Twitter and Facebook in the same file??
I thought that's how it was working on Xplicit's site but it's either 1 or the other, can't have both feeds at the same time.
I can pay for someone's time (within reason).
Joshua Carl 1:56 PM - 28 August, 2013
I think if we can just figure out how to put a person on the curse list; so when it see's there name; it blocks there post...WE NEED THIS!

They are working still on multifeed
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:50 PM - 28 August, 2013
Alright, cool. Thanks Josh.
ta2423 5:33 AM - 29 August, 2013
Awhile back I was messing with logo's that reacted to sound. Is it possible with the feeds or would I be wasting my time?
Dj Owe 8:17 AM - 29 August, 2013
U can add both qtz files in ME and swap between fb and twitter qtz via midi controller.
phil F 11:29 AM - 3 September, 2013
@dokumentary

Hello mate, 2 questions. Is there any news on a more animated FB feed, like what you have done with your twitter feed?

Also the FB feed crashes ME every so often. don't suppose you have any ideas why do you?

Cheers

Phil
GRiNDBoX 5:38 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
@dokumentary

Hello mate, 2 questions. Is there any news on a more animated FB feed, like what you have done with your twitter feed?

Also the FB feed crashes ME every so often. don't suppose you have any ideas why do you?

Cheers

Phil

fb feed you should address that one to xplicit...:)
Dokumentary 1:23 AM - 18 September, 2013
Actually we're working on all of the above. Xplicit has done some major work on an integrated feed too. The Beta looks tight. That's all I can really say for now.
djcrap 2:11 PM - 18 September, 2013
any word on the Instagram and fb feed ?
GRiNDBoX 6:41 PM - 22 September, 2013
fb feed is already workin together with instagram at xplicit's qtz..:)
Marine 1:43 AM - 24 September, 2013
Twitter feed stopped working the past two Saturdays I then went to xplicits site and this is the message it says

503: Service Temporarily Unavailable
Too many IP addresses accessing one secure area!
Please contact Support if you need assistance.
ta2423 4:42 AM - 24 September, 2013
Yep I get that "every" weekend too. Needs to be taken care of. Paid the dough, lets get it to go...
Culprit 7:53 AM - 24 September, 2013
It might possibly require him to get a personal server. Your best bet is to utilize a website though
GRiNDBoX 10:57 AM - 24 September, 2013
Quote:
Twitter feed stopped working the past two Saturdays I then went to xplicits site and this is the message it says

503: Service Temporarily Unavailable
Too many IP addresses accessing one secure area!
Please contact Support if you need assistance.

he still fixin it be patience... :)
Joshua Carl 3:49 PM - 24 September, 2013
Upgrades upgrades all happinin.

Done soon
ta2423 11:46 PM - 24 September, 2013
+1
Dudley D 9:13 PM - 28 October, 2013
Is this working again? Need some help. Thanks!
ta2423 5:29 PM - 29 October, 2013
I have it up and going on the new downloads that was uploaded. They may have fixed it by now but if not you will have to do this...

sdrv.ms
djpuma_gemini 7:27 PM - 29 October, 2013
Here's a dumb question. Why can't I see the layout in Xcode like it used to be. I open up the qtz file and it does not look the same.
ta2423 9:02 PM - 29 October, 2013
I am assuming they started from scratch and re worked the whole composition.
djpuma_gemini 10:54 PM - 29 October, 2013
No, I got it. The new xcode doesn't have quartz composer installed, you have to download it again.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:57 AM - 30 October, 2013
ok so i went to vj xplicit and there is no downloads on this site the download section is all blank.

any ideas how i go about getting the facebook & twitter feeds?

thanks
djpuma_gemini 6:12 PM - 30 October, 2013
So, how can we get these files and host them on our own site?
Is this something that has to be used/bought through you guys or what?
I'm still using the old funky-t ones.
ta2423 7:20 PM - 30 October, 2013
Quote:
ok so i went to vj xplicit and there is no downloads on this site the download section is all blank.

thanks

I see them... www.vjxplicit.com
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:05 PM - 30 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

thanks

This is all i can see
i190.photobucket.com
Dj Nyce 12:11 PM - 31 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

thanks

This is all i can see
i190.photobucket.com

i get the same thing when i login.
ta2423 9:22 PM - 31 October, 2013
Just now logged in with FB. Coming up fine here... Maybe he changed it to just subscribers?
sdrv.ms
Dj Nyce 2:04 PM - 1 November, 2013
Quote:
Just now logged in with FB. Coming up fine here... Maybe he changed it to just subscribers?
sdrv.ms

i'm a subscriber. talked to him yesterday he said he would take a look at it.
djianl 12:14 AM - 2 November, 2013
anybody else finding using the feed is making their waveforms in scratch live jerky?
not had any problems with drop outs but it seems when I have the feed enabled the waveforms aren't moving smoothly.
GRiNDBoX 3:47 PM - 2 November, 2013
Quote:
anybody else finding using the feed is making their waveforms in scratch live jerky?
not had any problems with drop outs but it seems when I have the feed enabled the waveforms aren't moving smoothly.

i used to have that problem before but that was during my osx 10.8.2 but i updated it so its gone now...:)
ta2423 11:17 PM - 2 November, 2013
How do you get rid of the tweets that are from non-followers? I cleared my tweets and they still come up from 3 nights ago. For the life of me I cannot find out how to get rid of these...
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:53 PM - 6 November, 2013
I Still can not see the downloads once i sign in. Time to drop him a message i think.
GRiNDBoX 8:45 PM - 6 November, 2013
xplicit is still fixing his site, it will be back for a couple of days, hang on...:)
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:38 PM - 6 November, 2013
Ok got it now and working well sort of, just my issue is now that i am using Snow Leopard 10.6.8
djaction 9:39 PM - 31 January, 2014
so i got this qtz but nowhere on xplicit's site are instructions for actually setting up the file? i've used twitter quartz files before but his seems a bit different
djaction 9:40 PM - 31 January, 2014
nm think i found them
DJ G CLEVELAND 8:47 PM - 16 March, 2014
Quote:
nm think i found them

You Find xplicits qtz? I can't find them.
Code:E 5:00 PM - 29 May, 2014
Hey everyone. I stopped following this thread and all of the others because I didn't need the twitter overlay for a while. Well now I do need it again.

I am currently a little confused as to where this whole thing is sitting right now.

Could someone please give a short rundown on the current situation of the twitter quartz overlay. Do they work? Do I need anything else besides the file dropped into ME? When I last used it thats all i needed todo but I see the API messed things up. And i'm a little lost on what needs to be done to make it work.
Joshua Carl 5:05 PM - 29 May, 2014
YOU HAVE TO GET UP WITH VJ XPLICIT!

Or someone who can host the feed.

it has grown by leaps and bounds, i still use it every week.
block people, word filters, pictures.... still dope for interactive.

hit him up on facebook (he is the only xplicit in Australia
Code:E 5:14 PM - 29 May, 2014
Quote:

Mind BLOWN!!!!

I didnt know you could block people. Hell I'm even willing to pay for it. I dont see VJ XPLICIT! on here very often anymore. I will try and hit him up. Thanks.
Joshua Carl 5:18 PM - 29 May, 2014
Illl send him to u on FB
Dokumentary 3:26 AM - 30 May, 2014
He's sorta cutting back on his involvement due to family stuff. All good things. (a.k.a. new baby). So now might be a good time to take another look at this Twitter feed stuff. I have tons of layouts that I made but never posted them. I'll touch 'em up and send them to Josh and we'll see which ones we wanna release.
Xplicit is not taking new subscriptions on right now but hit him up anyway. Maybe he'll make an exception. That reminds me, I have to hit him up as well and ask him to send me the one that shows tweets based on time instead of # of past tweets.
djaction 6:16 PM - 30 May, 2014
Quote:
YOU HAVE TO GET UP WITH VJ XPLICIT!

Or someone who can host the feed.

hit him up on facebook (he is the only xplicit in Australia

the feed is still working for you? i thought it was broken since twitter changed their API's..

my feed just shows old ass tweets.. nothing new. bizzare.
Joshua Carl 6:19 PM - 30 May, 2014
oh hell yeah, they changed it a few times while the api was augmenting...
works like a charm.
djaction 6:21 PM - 30 May, 2014
Looks like they removed the 'max posts' field and replaced it with 'Withinhours' too :/ kinda liked being able to limit how many tweets popup. Ah well, more important thing is getting this thing working again
djaction 6:37 PM - 30 May, 2014
ahh i think it's possibly because they switched to a monthly service fee of $15/month for vjxplicit? versus in the past you just paid the $30 for the downloads?
djaction 6:37 PM - 30 May, 2014
going to update my subscription and try again
Code:E 7:05 PM - 30 May, 2014
I'm still lost. I'm off to a wedding this weekend. But when I come back on monday I need to learn what i need todo to get it working.

Question though. Can i still do Hashtags or is it twitter handles only? Hashtags will be what I want to use. And can i change it on the fly like I used to be able too? I had in the past 4 or 5 saves of the quartz file for each different thing i wanted displayed.
djaction 7:11 PM - 30 May, 2014
yeah im lost too lol. updated my subscription and it still doesn't work.

however if i input someone elses twitter handle code into the quartz.. the feed works fine lol. wtf
djaction 7:11 PM - 30 May, 2014
spoke to soon.. working now. just the only way to show my own tweets is if i do them @ myself..
Dj TopDonn 6:58 PM - 3 September, 2014
Who has the latest template or where can we download it?
controversial 7:22 PM - 22 December, 2014
so do i have to sig up again to xplicit's site i thought 30 was grandfathered my feed no longer works :-(
Culprit 11:59 PM - 22 December, 2014
is this still popular in some areas? we tried it at my residency and got zero response, a few times actually. Only the promoters were using it and I never count people who work for the establishment.
Frankie Glasses 12:20 AM - 23 December, 2014
I use to use the IG quartz and it took a few weeks to catch on but when it did we averaged about 10 posts per night. Its a very small bar though.
I tried the FB and Twitter with no response after 2 weeks.
Joshua Carl 5:58 AM - 23 December, 2014
Yep, totally room dependent.

One room maybe 15 to 20
Over in college town 50-100 a night

I think xplicit is re-tooling
DJ Blvd 9:51 AM - 23 December, 2014
Quote:
so do i have to sig up again to xplicit's site i thought 30 was grandfathered my feed no longer works :-(

I thought so too. Same problem here. I love the IG feed, so do club owners.
Joshua Carl 11:20 PM - 23 December, 2014
ok gang
UPDATE

if your feed through Xplicit stopped working CONTACT HIM.
he did a server refresh and a few accounts need to be updated.
Code:E 1:28 AM - 24 December, 2014
Wait is there an instagram one that is stand alone and doesn't need xplicit's site to run?
djkurve 1:51 AM - 24 December, 2014
Quote:
Wait is there an instagram one that is stand alone and doesn't need xplicit's site to run?

+1
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:20 AM - 24 December, 2014
Quote:

Yup. Im on my phone but if you search for it you'll find in this forum.
controversial 4:26 AM - 24 December, 2014
can someone put up link cause i have not seen a working one without xplicit's site hosting
the SOUNDINSURGENT 11:13 AM - 24 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Mix Emergency can do Quartz Composer Overlays, there's already a twitter obverlay, I've managed to get an instagram feed in qc with little trouble, but haven't bothered making an overlay.

Serato video can also play quartz files, but unlike ME, they don't play continously and there's no overlay option, so the file would have to be reloaded each track.

I'm thinking I should set up in business doing custom qc work.

If you did I will pay.

lol, ibeen thinking about this, seems plenty of people want custom work, and there's so much can be done. Still, for the instagram feed, I'd actually already posted the start to one on the ME forums, here's the link.

dl.dropbox.com
the SOUNDINSURGENT 11:16 AM - 24 December, 2014
www.inklen.com

GOOGLE does work............
Frankie Glasses 7:26 PM - 26 December, 2014
I have had problems with this Quartz as my new posts take hours to show up. any one else experience this?
Jason Cruz 4:30 PM - 27 February, 2015
Instagram and Twitter Feed for ME is Here. I've been beta testing for Flyboost and their new Quartz Social Feed is awesome. Language filters • Quarantine your in coming stream so you can approve the post before it goes live and so much more. Check out Flyboost's website.

Easy to setup. Zero Quartz file editing. It just works
www.flyboost.com
Dj Owe 12:00 PM - 28 February, 2015
Man thats awesome but hella expensive, maybe 99bucks unlimited for the year seems a bit more reasonable.
imo. please dont shoot me im just saying you might get more clients at that price or i could be worng.
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:06 PM - 28 February, 2015
Mega overpriced for me as its rare anyone can be arsed to post anything just the venue and i post stuff up like promotions ect. Maybe for the type event loads will use it its worth it.

I use the other service much cheaper.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:22 PM - 28 February, 2015
This is the one i am using ---> www.vjxplicit.com Costs ---> www.vjxplicit.com

And it looks like this on the screens (4.3 format) LOL at the picture on the feed --> i190.photobucket.com

and another one i use thats 720 format --> i190.photobucket.com
Mr Wilks 5:33 PM - 28 February, 2015
Agreed. For the amount of people that use it that's ridiculously overpriced.

On our student night we use a system that looks super rough but nobody cares and gets lots of love. We mirror a snapchat feed to a huge screen from an iPad. It looks untidy but the feedback we get is amazing, over 300 snapchat messages a night. All these get added to the contacts and a video is sent as a story advertising the next week's event. We regularly send a mini promo to over 1000 regulars of the event (Skint).

It's amazing but it's a shame the feed had to be displayed all the time and someone has to manually hold their finger on the screen for each pic to show (the light jock!). If only they did a "snapchat pro" that accounted for this.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:49 PM - 28 February, 2015
Quote:
Agreed. For the amount of people that use it that's ridiculously overpriced.

On our student night we use a system that looks super rough but nobody cares and gets lots of love. We mirror a snapchat feed to a huge screen from an iPad. It looks untidy but the feedback we get is amazing, over 300 snapchat messages a night. All these get added to the contacts and a video is sent as a story advertising the next week's event. We regularly send a mini promo to over 1000 regulars of the event (Skint).

It's amazing but it's a shame the feed had to be displayed all the time and someone has to manually hold their finger on the screen for each pic to show (the light jock!). If only they did a "snapchat pro" that accounted for this.

Although messy sounds good and something that hopefully could turn into a feed think more people would send snaps in as they disappear so the embarrassment is over quick haha

iv used the Facebook,Twitter and now instagram for just over a year and i bet iv had less than 20posts by customers... They just do not care... But it does help the venue get messages across while people are at the bars looking at the screens.
PopRoXxX 8:05 PM - 28 February, 2015
Quote:

And it looks like this on the screens (4.3 format) LOL at the picture on the feed --> i190.photobucket.com

^^^ This! I've had the same one from Xplicit for a long time now as well. Go support Xplicit!!
controversial 10:02 PM - 28 February, 2015
Quote:

^^^ This! I've had the same one from Xplicit for a long time now as well. Go support Xplicit!!

This is the one I use he has never let me down always an email away or a twitter post this dude is mad real!!!
popnwave 1:41 PM - 1 March, 2015
When I was using it the only ones that got -any- use were the Twitter and Instagram based ones. And it was crazy how it would vary from bar to bar in Tampa. One night of the week in a venue it was heavy Twitter use, then I'd play across the street and everyone wants to show Instagram pics.

I love the option, but man, it is still so niche. People may use the social networks, but it's a small % that wants to have it show in the club.
Res-Q 2:56 PM - 1 March, 2015
Xplicit's feed has been the bomb for me for a long time now. Perfect support and easy to use.
Julio Sierra 9:40 PM - 5 January, 2016
Hi!

been reading the posts about the Flyboost program and Xplicit's quartz. Any recommendations? Flyboost webpage is vague but also limited. Can only pull feeds form Instagram and Twitter. Saw that Xplicit's quartz and pull the same feeds and also can pull from facebook. However, went on his web page and offers no info.

Was looking to start using but not sure where to go or what to use.

Any help is appreciated!!!! Thanks..