Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato DJ intro unable to connect with Denon MC2000

Product
Serato DJ Intro
Version
Hardware
Denon DJ MC2000
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Han-Z 2:45 AM - 29 June, 2013
I've tried to use my Denon MC2000 on a laptop running on vista (4G ram) and on a pc running on Windows 7, both having following problem:

When connecting my MC2000 to my laptop/pc when Serato DJ intro is running and visa versa, I get a very short blimp of two decks, then the program returns to on single deck. I'm able to scroll true my crates, select and play tracks, but only with the left hardware deck on the MC2000, I cannot due anything with the left deck.

The only things I can do in the single deck mode is select and play tracks, set cue points en loops, as for the rest no effects, pitch control, headphone out on controller, etc.

During the very short blimp of two decks, in the box underneath the message shows very shortly: "Error: failed to connect to audio"

I've already tried the following:
(re-)installing Denon DJ ASIO driver v1 & 2, Serato DJ Intro, disable the MC2000 as audio device in the control panel.

Please advise possible solutions. Thank you.
Han-Z 3:27 AM - 29 June, 2013
I've also followed installed MIDI-OX and checked al the knobs, they worked properly.
I started DJ Intro again, but same problem still occurs.

Kind regards,
Serato, Support
Sam GG 2:13 AM - 1 July, 2013
Hey Han-Z

Can you please right click on your computer, click on "manage", and go to "device manager" in the left hand column, open the "universal serial bus controllers" drop down menu.

Highlight one of the "USB Composite Devices" and then unplug and replug your controller so you can determine which one is for your MC2000 (either the first or second one will disappear and reappear on the list).

Once you have figured out which one it is, right click on it and select uninstall. once this is done disconnect your controller, then reconnect it. Wait while windows reinstalls the drivers, it may take a moment. Once this is done try opening Serato again.

Quote:
disable the MC2000 as audio device in the control panel.

You do not need to disable the device, you just need to make sure that it is not the default playback device. You can do this by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner of your desktop. Select playback devices and make sure that your computers soundcard is set up as the default device. Your MC2000 should show up in this list but do not select it as the default device.

Let me know how you go,

Cheers, Sam
1:57 AM, 30 Aug 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.