Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer DDJ-SX wall wart power supply Tips n Tricks

DJ_X_Trodinaire 4:35 PM - 22 November, 2012
I know some of you hate wall warts (I do) or do not have enough space on your power strip.

This is what I did with the wall wart for the DDJ-SX

The adapter/prongs can slide off and then you can use a spare/used power cord from an old laptop power supply.

i45.servimg.com
i45.servimg.com
i45.servimg.com

At least now you can plug into the power strip and move around or hide the power supply somewhere else.
OCD? lol
Now back to your regularly scheduled program
raequan 4:55 PM - 22 November, 2012
nice i will do the same once i get a case
phatbob 6:24 PM - 22 November, 2012
And probably better for the life of the power brick as you aren't pulling it out of sockets all the time...

A great idea, one of those 'why didn't I think of that' moments.
irieproductions 6:30 PM - 22 November, 2012
Quote:
And probably better for the life of the power brick as you aren't pulling it out of sockets all the time...

A great idea, one of those 'why didn't I think of that' moments.

so true haha i've been fighting with my power strips and never thought of that :| shame on me.
dj soops 6:35 PM - 22 November, 2012
Quote:
I know some of you hate wall warts (I do) or do not have enough space on your power strip.

The adapter/prongs can slide off and then you can use a spare/used power cord from an old laptop power supply.

i45.servimg.com
i45.servimg.com
i45.servimg.com

Nice!!

At least now you can plug into the power strip and move around or hide the power supply somewhere else.
OCD? lol
ernie 1:22 AM - 23 November, 2012
Quote:

i45.servimg.com
i45.servimg.com
i45.servimg.com

Nice one pare

OCD? lol
ernie 1:23 AM - 23 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

i45.servimg.com
i45.servimg.com
i45.servimg.com

Nice one pare

OCD? lol

Nice one pare
DJ Dynamight 3:41 PM - 23 November, 2012
wicked!
Rhodesy 4:17 PM - 23 November, 2012
Quote:

i45.servimg.com
i45.servimg.com
i45.servimg.com

OCD? lol

thanks for that i was wondering if that could be done
salsadj 8:37 PM - 28 November, 2012
This link was posted by someone on the NS6 power supply thread.

www.monoprice.com

Very inexpensive figure 8 cables that should fit the wall wart ranging from $0.83 for a 3ft to $2.30 for a 15ft cable.
DJCheLu 8:53 PM - 28 November, 2012
Quote:
This link was posted by someone on the NS6 power supply thread.

www.monoprice.com

Very inexpensive figure 8 cables that should fit the wall wart ranging from $0.83 for a 3ft to $2.30 for a 15ft cable.

Son of A...... Didnt even think to check their. I just ordered a large order and got over night shipping..... Well I guess $3 shipped still isnt bad for a cable
djallstyle 11:15 PM - 28 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

i45.servimg.com
i45.servimg.com
i45.servimg.com

OCD? lol

thanks for that i was wondering if that could be done

Caught Ya!!!! Where's that video???? C'mon son!!!
Rhodesy 4:12 PM - 29 November, 2012
Caught me what?? Haha!! Ive explained in the thread it all kicked off in!!!
Mark Quest 1:45 PM - 6 April, 2013
Duuuuuuuuuuuuude! You Sir are a freakin' LEGEND for starting this thread! :) I just got mine today & was playing around with the cabling of all my stuff, trying to be as efficient & neat as it could be and that damn power pack was REALLY pissing me off.. no configuration of plugs on a 4-outlet powerboard - no matter what - would fit without losing one of the spots or needing to add another double-adaptor (Australia has enough fire as it is, thanks Pioneer! lol) . Then I thought about using one of the figure 8 power cords I had laying around but wasn't too confident about plugging it in to my brand new machine - but did it anyway, totally shitting myself it would go BOOOM! (not the good, bass kind) & everything seemed fine. I then unplugged it & thought I better ask an expert about this sort of thing, so of to Mr. Google, The Wise Old Search Engine, & he took me here, where you have allayed my fears. Kudos to you once again dude - I'm sure every owner will ditch the plug & use a figure 8 inplace..
Tripper176 5:20 AM - 18 July, 2013
My SX won't power on half the time when i am using a figure 8 cable.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:09 AM - 18 July, 2013
Quote:

Maybe it's a bad cable?

No issue on mine since and the cable I use is very old.
Mike from Chicago 4:59 PM - 18 July, 2013
I actually saw the Youtube video back in January when I received my SX, the powercord idea was a pretty cleaver thing. Glad someone out there is thinking!!!! :)
Mark Quest 5:11 PM - 18 July, 2013
Quote:
I actually saw the Youtube video back in January when I received my SX, the powercord idea was a pretty cleaver thing. Glad someone out there is thinking!!!! :)

lol yep, glad someone is haha I for one would be fucked if there wasn't ;)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:01 PM - 18 July, 2013
I should have kept it a secret and made money of it! LOL j/k

#djshelpingdjs

There are other products out there for wall warts that you cannot remove the power prongs.

www.zzounds.com

or buy a 1ft extension cord.
www.google.com
Tripper176 12:53 AM - 4 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe it's a bad cable?

No issue on mine since and the cable I use is very old.

Yep, it was the cable. The metal prongs in the figure 8 end did not come all the way to the end of the plug.