Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Feature Request: Sort Cues Chonologically...

LJ_WOOLSEY 3:22 PM - 2 November, 2012
Hi there team Serato.

I would really like to see in an udated version that there is an option in the setup like Scratchlive where you can tick a box to have all your CUEs for each song sorted Chonologically. With now 8 CUE points and using pads this is very important for fireing CUEs in the correct time order.

Thank you. and all +1s Welcome.
Dj Nyce 5:18 PM - 2 November, 2012
i approve this message
Qoolee Kid 5:35 PM - 2 November, 2012
+1
9:28 PM, 7 Nov 2012
Discussion moved to Serato DJ Feature Suggestions
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:28 AM - 1 May, 2013
BUMP!!!

Now got the vci-380 on sdj really would love this feature as having to guess which cue point is which pad is a nightmare!

Come on peeps some +1s
Dj Jamie Carter 6:13 PM - 1 May, 2013
+1
MPH 4:13 AM - 2 May, 2013
absolutely critical idea! absolutely needed, great suggestion thank you
Pete Input 8:56 AM - 2 May, 2013
Why don't you guys put the cue-points in the right order, when you make the cue-points? I know that sometimes you add a cue-point here & there, but it's not so hard to go offline an re-order them manually.
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:08 AM - 2 May, 2013
You joking rite? When this feature Serato invented has been in there sofyware for YEARS it should be easy as 123 for them to put into serato DJ.
Pete Input 9:58 AM - 2 May, 2013
I'm not joking. I always put my cue-points in chonologically order BEFORE i even play my songs. If i need to fix my cue-points somehow, i do it in after the gig, in offline player. So i never add my cue-points in live.
Well, if you are really "messy" with your cue-points and you add them in live situations, then i understand your need to be re-order them for automatically.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:28 PM - 2 May, 2013
Nice one come do mine then lol, as i have used ssl for years it would take me ages togo through the hole lot, after all as serato had this feature in ssl its there fault mine are a mess haha (jokes)
Bozo 2:15 PM - 2 May, 2013
I don't know if it's a real good idea... i mean, if you don't want to sort the cues chonologically ? now you have the choice to puts the cues in the right order or disorder if you want some Cue point on the specific Pad (I used to put a cue point on the second and fourth slot for the break).
If it's an option why not....

in addition, there would (maybe) be conflicts if Serato team decides to sync the pads and Hot Cue color ^^
Bozo 2:22 PM - 2 May, 2013
PS : +1, but for me as an individual setting.

(if it's a default setting....it would be really strange to press the eighth pad and it loads the first)
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:49 PM - 2 May, 2013
No it would be EXACTLY like it is in Scratchlive. It is a tick box option.
Papa Midnight 1:31 PM - 8 May, 2013
+1 with the caveat that it be an optional setting.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:27 AM - 9 May, 2013
+1
DJ GSOUND 10:51 AM - 20 May, 2013
+100
Draven1327 2:42 PM - 4 June, 2013
+9
deejdave 1:20 AM - 5 June, 2013
Quote:
I'm not joking. I always put my cue-points in chonologically order BEFORE i even play my songs. If i need to fix my cue-points somehow, i do it in after the gig, in offline player. So i never add my cue-points in live.
Well, if you are really "messy" with your cue-points and you add them in live situations, then i understand your need to be re-order them for automatically.

I guess we are also forgetting that Serato DJ added more cue points and there is a good chance that one of the cue points will be at a spot earlier than that of the cues already set.......

+1
Musiat 7:01 PM - 9 June, 2013
Can't wait for this! +1
Marv Incredible 9:32 PM - 9 June, 2013
Quote:
there is a good chance that one of the cue points will be at a spot earlier than that of the cues already set

This.
cheekyme 4:45 PM - 29 August, 2013
+1
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:57 PM - 7 November, 2013
bump

get +1ing
DJ Cue One 9:31 PM - 7 November, 2013
In Serato DJ I cannot rearrange my CUES on manually on the fly. I was able to do this in Scratch LIVe. I would like to see that ability restored please!!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:36 AM - 9 November, 2013
+1 again for Serato DJ this time :)
Dj Jamie Carter 5:40 PM - 11 November, 2013
+1 again.
wadup 10:09 PM - 11 November, 2013
+1
Mr Wilks 2:42 AM - 12 November, 2013
Quote:
In Serato DJ I cannot rearrange my CUES on manually on the fly. I was able to do this in Scratch LIVe. I would like to see that ability restored please!!

I'm surprised you can't drag to re-order them in the software too. This shocked me a little.
J.J. 3:32 AM - 12 November, 2013
+1

I wonder if this would work:

Setup random Cues in Serato DJ not in Chronological order. Open up the database in Scratch Live with Sort Cues Chronologically checked. Close SSL and load Serato DJ. Will this put it in Chronological order or do you have to actually load the song in SSL?
DJ L1tn1ng 4:44 AM - 12 November, 2013
+1 I would also add that it needs to be able to switch back WHILE playing music live.
Marv Incredible 7:43 PM - 19 November, 2013
For me this is a MUST HAVE and I can't honestly believe or see why it's been lost and not put back.
+1 again
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:54 PM - 18 December, 2013
+1000
cheekyme 9:27 PM - 18 December, 2013
+1
riddla 12:40 PM - 19 December, 2013
+1
G33M0 3:51 PM - 20 December, 2013
I'd love to have this feature back as well!

G!
ZJCHRIS 10:50 AM - 31 December, 2013
+1
DJ TooHypE 6:41 PM - 2 January, 2014
+1
swift807 1:04 AM - 7 January, 2014
+1
DJ GaFFle 8:16 PM - 7 January, 2014
Quote:
For me this is a MUST HAVE and I can't honestly believe or see why it's been lost and not put back.
+1 again

+1 added to my already +1'd.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:33 PM - 4 February, 2014
Hopefully now 1.6.0 is released we will get more support from SSL users to get this working in SDJ!
DJCASE 4:09 PM - 4 February, 2014
+1
DJEyecon 12:08 AM - 6 February, 2014
Serato team this needs to happen ASAP!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE get on this!!!!!!!
DjSKum 12:11 AM - 6 February, 2014
+1 this is a complete pain in the ass!
DJ Ruffnek 11:09 PM - 6 February, 2014
+1 this is slowing down our workflow
SHAFT XXL 1:45 AM - 7 February, 2014
I really want to see the sort chronologically feature brought back. It doesn't make sense to have to erase all the other preset cues to add another one where you feel the new need to place one. I like to use the Dicers and I often times rework cues live. It was a check box in setup so it shouldn't be that hard to add it back right?
deejdave 2:04 AM - 7 February, 2014
I feel this should be a user selectable option as both ways are useful at different times. Sometimes you want to have the cue points in a different order EXACTLY how you place them and sometimes you want the to fall in line where they belong chronologically. Yes/No?

I originally said a flat out YES but after doing extensive cue point editing and now have 85,000 files with about 45,000 of them all cued up and labeled I have pretty much mastered the art of cueing and realize the need for both. The Quantize feature is priceless as is having a set of key acronyms & abbreviations (EG Bld [build], OB [off beat], Trns Brk [Transition Break], etc) with respective colors & finally having both systems at my command would prove to be priceless in terms of workflow & ease.

REMEMBER there are two types of scenarios you will come across now that SSL is making the move to SDJ completely and those are 1.) a new track being cued out for the first time and 2.) a track previously cued out by SSL that you are now adding 3 (or more) cue points to the already existing set of cue points.

Quote:
I really want to see the sort chronologically feature brought back. It doesn't make sense to have to erase all the other preset cues to add another one where you feel the new need to place one. I like to use the Dicers and I often times rework cues live. It was a check box in setup so it shouldn't be that hard to add it back right?

It was a check box in setup IN SSL not SDJ and must have been added in the first place in order to be "brought back".
dj mswift 3:40 AM - 7 February, 2014
please add that feature to sdj asap
Deejay Rudeboy 7:39 AM - 15 February, 2014
Please aDd the feature, its making my life difficult when using the software and yet its far much better than ssl in everything. Serato Dj will be the best software to use when added that feature
djmatman 10:57 PM - 16 February, 2014
+ 1000

so neccesary
Willie Dynamite 5:46 PM - 22 March, 2014
We need this ASAP
deejdave 6:02 PM - 22 March, 2014
MUST be changeable on the fly and customizable to either effect your entire collection OR custom cue points. Sort of how they handle "custom crate options".

After having more experience than most with Cue points (almost 50,000 songs 1-8 fully cued out labeled & all) one realizes that BOTH are necessary. IF you are continuing what you already started from SSL then chronological order is key and could be a GREAT asset.

IF you are a club DJ then you will know having custom cue point order is a must and chronological order could be a nuisance.

Let's get both.

Key words could be extremely useful as well.
The New DDJ-SZ has color coded cue points which match color with it's respective color cue point. THIS IS EXTREMELY USEFUL ALSO key words could prove to be EXTREMELY useful. I was smart enough to have my colors match key parts of songs. eg Blue=Intro, green=buildup, red=main beat, yellow=break etc. I am guessing 99.99% of the rest of the users here neglected to do this and will either start doing this now or just will have the colors mean absolutely nothing. WHAT IF the software had a list of about 10-15 (doesn't have to be many) key words that (user selectable again) could trigger certain cue point colors and the whole collection could be changed accordingly......................................
DJ SHAKEE 8:13 PM - 25 March, 2014
+1

... for now, I've been laying in my cues in Scratch Live, offline. But live on the spot, been out of luck. Its gotten pretty annoying, so I'm only using Serato DJ when I'm on a controller. With my 62, I'm still using Scratch Live.
times infinity 7:11 PM - 4 April, 2014
this is essential.

serato folks - if you are going to merge software and force scratch live users to migrate to a new interface / software you absolutely need to make sure you maintain 100% the functionality of the old software.

an oversight such as this can cause major inconveniences for people that have established 10+ years of a workflow on the previous software.

also this original chronological ordered feature came from a logical thought process in the first place. it made sense.

why would you assume that people are going to remember the position of their out of order cue points for every song in their library. on the fly, it's a lot easier to just look at the cues on the track and reference them chronologically. sure for some it'd be great to have the option to do it the way you have currently implemented. but forcing users who have built up a work flow to change the way they operate? where was the logic there?

please fix this.
Willie Dynamite 5:57 PM - 6 April, 2014
It's insanity that this has not been addressed, I'm still trying to understand why this was not included in the 1st place. Also why the default cue point color change???

As someone else stated, when many if not most of us have been used to a certain standard for close to a decade, why is Serato forcing us to change now???
Mr Wilks 6:24 PM - 6 April, 2014
Quote:
Also why the default cue point color change???

As someone else stated, when many if not most of us have been used to a certain standard for close to a decade, why is Serato forcing us to change now???

I've been a big cheerleader about getting this changed too.

We should have an option to switch colours back or convert our old ones to the new ones so we have consistency.
Davey B 12:58 AM - 7 April, 2014
+1

In the process of switching from Scratch Live to Serato DJ and can't believe this functionality is not there. I was excited for the extra 3 cue slots but if I wanna add more to existing tracks I gotta redo all of em to get em in order? Extremely discouraging.

PLEASE ADD THIS!!!
DJ Eazy B 5:57 PM - 14 April, 2014
+1
Eloy Garcia 10:22 AM - 23 April, 2014
+500 from all the viewers of Video Report & Remixrepot.com !
DJ Trice 11:29 AM - 23 April, 2014
+1 !!!
monkeyfunk 10:35 PM - 23 April, 2014
This, really is the only due grade I have noticed in moving from SSL to SDJ.

And while it seems like a small thing, it hugely affects the logical workflow of many years mixing live and cutting up tracks in the fly.

Moreover, it negates the logic of all cue points established in existing libraries. Breaking that flow creates disruption, and ultimately less effective mixing

Let's get this back in as an option please.
monkeyfunk 10:38 PM - 23 April, 2014
Correction

"Due grade" = downgrade
djcharles 6:48 PM - 25 April, 2014
+999999999
Need this asap. It has made me really nervous about using keyboard shortcuts for triggering cue points while spinning. I have to literally click it on my laptop instead which is so counterproductive.
Willie Dynamite 6:00 PM - 27 April, 2014
1.6.2 & STILL THIS IS NOT ADDRESSED???????????

C'mon Serato what really gives here. I understand that this is a new team that has designed Serato DJ vs. Scratch Live & egos are involved but isn't the end user experience what's most important here?
magin 9:19 AM - 23 May, 2014
+1...this is very necessary.
Willie Dynamite 4:23 AM - 24 May, 2014
YES!!!!!
Quote:
BUMP!!!

Now got the vci-380 on sdj really would love this feature as having to guess which cue point is which pad is a nightmare!

Come on peeps some +1s
monkeyfunk 9:05 AM - 24 May, 2014
intuitive oversight
SUBSTANCE 3:34 AM - 1 July, 2014
Yes please with cherries on top.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 8:38 AM - 1 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I'm surprised you can't drag to re-order them in the software too. This shocked me a little.

Hey all.

"Dragging cue points" will probably be added soon. Hold tight.

We also want to bring the option to sort cues chronologically back. It won't probably be in the next version, but maybe the one after that (no promises here yet though ;) )
Its definitely high on our #CBINT list. :)
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:20 PM - 5 August, 2014
So great to see in the Public 1.7.0 BETA

Sort Cues Chronologically option now in the setup.

And drag cue points to reorder!

Great work Serato team! Got there in the end!

:-)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:26 PM - 5 August, 2014
And it only took almost 2 years :p

Still happy!
Dj Jamie Carter 5:29 PM - 5 August, 2014
Brilliant stuff! :)
DJ A Smooth 6:50 PM - 5 August, 2014
So yeah it's back but the Key Command Short Cut, CMD + < or > isn't :(
Dj Nyce 1:26 AM - 6 August, 2014
it's been a long road brothers
Sophisticated Sounds ENT 12:00 AM - 10 August, 2014
So this is not available on a release yet?
Dj Jamie Carter 5:55 PM - 10 August, 2014
It is on the very next update on 1.7. Its on the public beta version and is a god send.
DJ SHAKEE 6:00 PM - 18 September, 2014
Quote:
So yeah it's back but the Key Command Short Cut, CMD + < or > isn't :(

+1 on this. I use this shortcut most of the time.
deejdave 8:16 PM - 18 September, 2014
Isn't it just < or > now without the CMND? You are talking about adding the next availible cue point right? You simply hit < to add it now.