Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Allen & Heath Xone DX / Serato Dj

DJ GUAJIRO 5:03 PM - 29 October, 2012
I'm wonding If the new Serato DJ wiil be support with my Allen & Heath Xone DX mixer???

Please advise!

Dj Guajiro
serkan 8:16 PM - 29 October, 2012
It will fortunately not as stated in many many other threads.
DJ GUAJIRO 9:06 PM - 29 October, 2012
Not go!!!
DJ Unique 11:33 PM - 29 October, 2012
Quote:
It will fortunately not as stated in many many other threads.

That sucks for Xone DX users.
I wonder why?
DJ GUAJIRO 12:15 AM - 30 October, 2012
Really not happy about this... I can say I'm dissapointed!!! :/
Serato, Support
Martin C 6:01 AM - 30 October, 2012
No, unfortunately the Allen & Heath Xone DX will not be supported for Serato DJ, see further discussion here: serato.com
DJ Unique 6:37 AM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:

Guajiro you should be disappointed.
You spent about $1,000 on a great mixer/controller and Serato is supporting other Itch controllers that are inferior. Serato will also be extending upgrade support (for a fee) on some Intro controllers.

I heard the firmware upgrade has messed up some DX controllers. You might need to investigate if an option for you can be either Virtual DJ or Traktor.
DJ Fez 3:54 PM - 30 October, 2012
I tried to upgrade to 2.2.2 Itch and it said the firmware update failed.

I then downloaded all updated drivers from A&H and tried again, and ITCH started freaking out and would drop in and out every 30 seconds. I need to spend more time trying to troubleshoot after the hurricane passes, but I may just go back to my old version.

Anyone know it its an ITCH issue or a Firmware issue?
haze324 5:24 PM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

You spent about $1,000 on a great mixer/controller and Serato is supporting other Itch controllers that are inferior.

It's because Allen & Heath discontinued the product. I would be upset with them not Serato.
DJ Unique 5:40 PM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
It's because Allen & Heath discontinued the product. I would be upset with them not Serato.

Since I don't own a DX, I'm not upset at all. Sucks for those that do own this product. Especially those that have problems after the Itch / firmware upgrade.

Wondering if the SL1 is an officially discontinued product. That's still supported.
haze324 6:35 PM - 30 October, 2012
^ Not sure, but the thing with SL1 is that it stil uses Scratch Live. The DX was supported with Itch even after it was discontinued.

I understand the gripe. I'd be upset as well...but it is what it is.
nik39 8:03 PM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You spent about $1,000 on a great mixer/controller and Serato is supporting other Itch controllers that are inferior.

Well A&H did not discontinue support for the device. There is a post about this from an A+H rep on thia forum.
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:50 PM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:

I then downloaded all updated drivers from A&H and tried again, and ITCH started freaking out and would drop in and out every 30 seconds. I need to spend more time trying to troubleshoot after the hurricane passes, but I may just go back to my old version.

I would recommend starting a help request in the ITCH support area if you haven't already detailing this issue further. You may have to roll back the firmware, but we can try troubleshoot the issue further in the help request :)
serkan 10:54 PM - 30 October, 2012
What if the issue is with ITCH 2.2.2?
Will you ask him to use an older version because Serato has messed up?
I say: Don't even try to help him...

(Note: This post contains irony)
Quote:

Well A&H did not discontinue support for the device. There is a post about this from an A+H rep on thia forum.

Do you have the link as I couldn't find that post?
DJ Fez 10:57 PM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I would recommend starting a help request in the ITCH support area if you haven't already detailing this issue further. You may have to roll back the firmware, but we can try troubleshoot the issue further in the help request :)

Thanks Martin. I will do a help request, but want to try using it a bit more. I may need to upgrade my overall OS as well (might just be that time) since im on 10.6.8
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:46 PM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
What if the issue is with ITCH 2.2.2?
Will you ask him to use an older version because Serato has messed up?
I say: Don't even try to help him...

(Note: This post contains irony)
Quote:

Do you have the link as I couldn't find that post?

Yes, I may well do that, it is just that he initially mentioned a firmware update failure as well. As I said, he can start a help request so we can troubleshoot further. At this stage I would be foolish to assume what the problem is exactly. Its my job to help users with issues on our forum, so I will definitely do my best to help anyone. (Note, my post contains no irony at all.) :)

nik39 might be referring to this post: serato.com

However I think Al C's post is used a little out of context in these types of discussions. Its important to remember these points:

- The Xone DX is a discontinued product by Allen & Heath, meaning they are no longer manufacturing/producing this unit: www.allen-heath.com

Quote:
Xone:DX was discontinued in 2012.

It can be found under the category of "old products" on their website: www.allen-heath.com

This doesn't mean they have stopped releasing firmware and driver updates as Al C points out:
Quote:
new software for XONE:DX was released after production of the hardware ended and this included both firmware and driver updates.

- The Xone DX is still supported for use with ITCH versions 1.6 through to 2.2.2 serato.com

This means, if you have an issue with the DX and ITCH and you contact us, or Allen & Heath, we will still try and help you get it working properly with ITCH.
DJ GUAJIRO 8:32 PM - 31 October, 2012
DJ Unique - I guess I should be that upset cuz I only paid $550.00 on special at Guitar Center... And yes, I'm having probles with the new upgrade to 2.2.2 Itch... :/
DJ GUAJIRO 8:41 PM - 31 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Guajiro you should be disappointed.
You spent about $1,000 on a great mixer/controller and Serato is supporting other Itch controllers that are inferior. Serato will also be extending upgrade support (for a fee) on some Intro controllers.

I heard the firmware upgrade has messed up some DX controllers. You might need to investigate if an option for you can be either Virtual DJ or Traktor.

DJ Unique - I guess I shouldn't be that upset cuz I only paid $550.00 on special at Guitar Center... And yes, I'm having probles with the new upgrade to 2.2.2 Itch... :/
the SOUNDINSURGENT 9:07 PM - 31 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So really what's being said here is, "Serato won't work for free." Atleast that's how I take it. There's a ton of controllers that aren't made anymore but still are supported by other software's, just another cop out......
KamiCrazy 12:27 AM - 1 November, 2012
Everyone has to eat.

If I owned a Xone DX I'd be pretty disappointed with lack of an upgrade path. Switching to Traktor would be your only real option.

However back to the first point, everyone has to eat. So it is unreasonable for Serato to continue to support the DX for free since ITCH has stopped development.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So really what's being said here is, "Serato won't work for free." Atleast that's how I take it. There's a ton of controllers that aren't made anymore but still are supported by other software's, just another cop out......

Everyone has to eat.

If I owned a Xone DX I'd be pretty disappointed with lack of an upgrade path. Switching to Traktor would be your only real option.

However back to the first point, everyone has to eat. So it is unreasonable for Serato to continue to support the DX for free since ITCH has stopped development.

My first all in one controller was the twitch and I think it will be my last. I am grateful that it will continue to be supported in Serato DJ, which means I will be able to sell it.

It was a good product but ultimately I don't want to be at the mercy of a software company.
lukejcolledge 11:11 AM - 2 November, 2012
"WHY WILL IT NOT!" (VERY DISAPPOINTING SERATO., VERY MUCH SO)!
ATOK 3:26 PM - 26 November, 2012
Dear Serato..I Understand The Quest Of Progress...But In The Case of Dx Zone Users..We Are Just As Loyal Users Of Serato Software As The Others If Not Better...I Use Scratchlive As Well As Itch..And Spin On Both Platforms On This Product..I For One Would Hold Highest Respect For A Company Who Cares Of The People Who Support Their Product Thru The Hardware They Buy...Not Kool.. Serato ..Is All I Can Say..We Out Here Have Bought This Product Because Of The Use Of Itch...And To Not Include Us In An Upgrade Of Systems Is A Disposal Of All That Have Stayed Faithful To The Product...I Site Serato As A Mark Of An Excellent Product...
I Regret Now I Will Have To Change My Mind..Tho I Still Use The Product..Its Such A Shame Corporate Decisions Override Those Who Support The Product...Put Some Faith Back In Its Users..

Disappointed User..
Adrianotic 5:23 PM - 30 November, 2012
Another dissapointed Xone D:X owner, I will hate Serato if they don't give support for the new Serato Dj.
LRAC1982 12:00 AM - 15 January, 2013
Why don't you (Serato) buy my Xone DX from me now that i cant even sell it cause its not supported by the new sofware and your done updating Itch this is an outrage, If i do buy another controller Im switching to Traktor Pro, I wash my hands of you!
DJred24 8:04 PM - 16 January, 2013
Xone Dx was a great controller. To bad Itch never fixed 2 decks view with 4 channel mixers like they did in Serato DJ.
phatbob 9:35 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
Xone Dx was a great controller. To bad Itch never fixed 2 decks view with 4 channel mixers like they did in Serato DJ.

Except for when they did.
DJ MDX 4:32 PM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Except for when they did.

lol....you needed to add "Bazinga" at the end of that...too funny!
DJ Fez 10:28 PM - 17 January, 2013
I couldn't use that software version with the DX, too buggy
Sturdz 5:06 PM - 7 September, 2013
Another disappointed DX user right here!!! How can you partner with a company promoting your software(ITCH) right ON THE BOX.. Then upgrade your product and leave us with one last glitchy update?! Bad move Serato!
DJ Fez 2:35 PM - 10 September, 2013
Anyone still want a DX? I have one taking up desk space...or sometimes I use it as a riser for my DDJ SX