Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

itch + XONE DX discontinued product Goodbye Serato!!!

A Dj (cr) 9:52 AM - 9 October, 2012
itch + XONE DX

Analyzing the situation

PRO
1. high audio quality
2. exceptional equalization and cutting frequencies
3. excellent hpf & lpf filter

CON
1. beatgrid 99% wrong
2. bpm 50% wrong
3. SYNC .." smart sync" ... :) LOL ...WHAT YOU MEAN ??? doesn't matter ... I'm lucky ... my ears working! ... I

never turned on the SYNC button...but it could be useful ... Sometimes
an advice... the opportunity to let user choose the beatmaster... NO??? :)
4. poor reliability and stability on mac and windows .. various crash and abnormal behavior
5. the bridge never released
6. vinyl control impossible (ok.. fine... rane hardware needed)
7. library unusable
8. file browser smaller and uncustomizable
9. file analysis heavy not recommended in real time when you play
10. sampler sync wrong, uncustomizable ect...

more and more... itch 2.2.2 you have forgot the AREA BUTTON...

Ok a lot customizable software was dangerous ...but just a little bit?

We spent money for a great hardware and a loser uncustomizable software...
we waited always for software updates hoping for a working program
at the end never arrived
now we should spend more money on a new controller with a unknown software... maybe with all the problems from the
old system and waiting years for a working update ?LOL!

... I'm running to buy it...

congratulations to your marketing Serato
great plan

I believe that you will become the dj software leader

ANALYSIS RESULT
Goodbye Serato!!! A dj!
Andre Berghain 11:25 AM - 9 October, 2012
Word!
dj-nice 1:11 PM - 9 October, 2012
i guess, they must hear the impacts. Maybe we are not loud enough. But how to mobilize a big part of >4500 DX user? :-(
seratosnatch 8:06 PM - 9 October, 2012
Hi kind of agree with this. I think the support on the side of the software was quite poor, many promises were not made, and it made the DX fail ... A&H lost $..

The actual hardware is quite good and it could have been much stronger.
Most guys I know on a DX use Traktor.
nik39 8:26 PM - 9 October, 2012
Quote:
Most guys I know on a DX use Traktor.

What a shame... for Serato+A&H not providing what the user needed :(
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:21 PM - 9 October, 2012
I will move this to the general discussion thread, as it is not a help request.

Cheers
10:21 PM, 9 Oct 2012
Discussion moved to ITCH General Discussion
pdidy 2:11 AM - 10 October, 2012
dj-nice , are you A Dj (cr) ? Somthing tells me "A Dj (cr)" is not a new member....lol
dj-nice 7:04 AM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
dj-nice , are you A Dj (cr) ? Somthing tells me "A Dj (cr)" is not a new member....lol

HÄ?
blackavenger 8:59 AM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:

Hmmm, what gave you that impression....LOLOL
pdidy 9:24 AM - 10 October, 2012
I work in The "Investigation" field 9-5....so I cant help it....lol
A Dj (cr) 11:09 AM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
I will move this to the general discussion thread, as it is not a help request.

Cheers

Sorry Scott but we need help... we looking for a working program to use on xone dx .. and i dont care if it was called itch o dj

i prefer not use traktor because i don't love it... but it seems the only way

Quote:

No im not djnice :) i will show my name one day... and you can find it on google... :) but I don't want me advertising ... im asking again for a program

im sorry for my english it's long time that i don't write it
A Dj (cr) 11:14 AM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
i guess, they must hear the impacts. Maybe we are not loud enough. But how to mobilize a big part of >4500 DX user? :-(

dj nice i don't know how to mobilize 4500 dx users... but i know what can i do... i can stop use serato forever! and you can do the same! if 4500 users do the same It's not my problem... I think this is freedom!
dj-nice 12:00 PM - 10 October, 2012
I already started to sell out my first console (Denon HD5000).

I wont give up hope for further support or a RAM bigfix in Version 2.2.2 and keep my DX for a while. The hole version Itch 2.xx is for me unsuable and only Version 1.7 work with bigger Databases :(

i had also a twitch console so that i may have a look to Serato DJ and check the memory (RAM) leak bugfix befor i have to spend money in new hardware

Traktor or VDJ (7.1) a no options for me
A Dj (cr) 1:15 PM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
I already started to sell out my first console (Denon HD5000).

I wont give up hope for further support or a RAM bigfix in Version 2.2.2 and keep my DX for a while. The hole version Itch 2.xx is for me unsuable and only Version 1.7 work with bigger Databases :(

i had also a twitch console so that i may have a look to Serato DJ and check the memory (RAM) leak bugfix befor i have to spend money in new hardware

Traktor or VDJ (7.1) a no options for me

I have no idea to sell my dx, a good thing are the dx size, goes into a trolley. . good for low cost flights for example. dx it's a big midi controller and work like a good mixer ... the trouble is itch it work to control the dx but it show all the problem that i say on the top... I don't think to switch to a software without any guarantee and knowing itch ... I'm tired of asking the club where i play to support Serato ... each person knows what he does...

i can see 2 way ... 1 one serato working software (will be nice) ... 2 migrate to traktor
d:raf 8:48 PM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:

Half of them are probably already using Traktor, so more like how to mobilize 2250 (or so) DX users?

This saga is kinda captivating...
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:06 PM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
Sorry Scott but we need help... we looking for a working program to use on xone dx .. and i dont care if it was called itch o dj

As i've mentioned before, the Xone:DX is still completely supported in the latest version of ITCH and will continue to be. Serato DJ is a new product and unfortunately the Xone:DX will not be supported in this as it's a discontinued piece of hardware.

Scott
A Dj (cr) 9:49 AM - 11 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Half of them are probably already using Traktor, so more like how to mobilize 2250 (or so) DX users?

This saga is kinda captivating...

probably i will go on to traktor although the internal mixer is a piece of shit ... you know a way to kill the frequencies by turning the knob to off? I'm trying to map it!

Quote:
Quote:

As i've mentioned before, the Xone:DX is still completely supported in the latest version of ITCH and will continue to be. Serato DJ is a new product and unfortunately the Xone:DX will not be supported in this as it's a discontinued piece of hardware.

Scott

Scott sorry but u used the 2.2.2 release? is a program that not works
bpm incorrect e beatgrid... u r lucky if the program start... and i can send u same screenshot??? serato will release another version? itch isn't robust, reliable and functional! characteristics of a good software are robustness, functionality, reliability.
itch 2.2.2 and previous release doesn't work! i i haven't any idea to spend money on a new serato software forever!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:42 PM - 11 October, 2012
Quote:
bpm incorrect e beatgrid... u r lucky if the program start...

Hey A Dj (cr),

These problems don't sound like they are necessarily related to the ITCH 2.2.2 release. BPM and Beatgrids being wrong can be a number of things and really depends on the tracks you are analyzing. Crashes on startup could be any number of things too. Have you started help requests about these problems? I'm sure the support team could help.

Sam.
dj-nice 12:31 PM - 12 October, 2012
Quote:
Serato DJ is a new product and unfortunately the Xone:DX will not be supported in this as it's a discontinued piece of hardware.

Scott

So please tell me, why the NS6 will be supportet und get an upgrade to Serato DJ?
dj-nice 12:32 PM - 12 October, 2012
Sorry NS7 and not NS6
breakermixer 12:50 PM - 12 October, 2012
Where did you read that the NS7 is discontinued?
dj-nice 2:05 PM - 12 October, 2012
Quote:
Where did you read that the NS7 is discontinued?

e.g. here:
community.numark.com
phatbob 2:10 PM - 12 October, 2012
The NS7FX is the same controller. It just comes with the FX controller in the box. Duh.
breakermixer 2:46 PM - 12 October, 2012
I can see a long life for the NS7. I think is the best Itch hardware. (Priceless motorized platters).
Reha 5:17 PM - 15 October, 2012
As a Xone:DX owner I am really upset about Serato leaving the DX behind. I do understand that the DX is discontinued, however it came out only in 2010, after some of the other controllers still supported in Serato DJ. I had a lot of issues with the product on the software side and now not being able to upgrade to a more mature software leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I bought SSL-1 just when it came out and decided to switched to Itch with the Xone:DX, over Traktor Kontrol S4. Wrong decision! It was definitely not the experience I had with Scratch Live and this move now really put me off.

I bought a Kontrol X1 today to give Traktor a go and wait for the Z2 to hit the stores before I make a purchase decision on the next controller. This being said, Serato will have a hard time to win me over this time.
Serato, Support
Matt P 2:15 AM - 24 October, 2012
dj-nice,

"So please tell me, why the NS6 will be supportet und get an upgrade to Serato DJ?"

Allen & Heath have discontinued the product. Therefore they will not be making new drivers or updating them either.

Numark is continuing to support the NS6 with driver updates and firmware.

Matt P
dj-nice 6:50 AM - 24 October, 2012
Hi Matt,

you are wrong and AL C from Allen & Heath has corrected your continued wrong given statements a few day ago:
serato.com

Quote:
Sorry to butt in here Matt, but this isn't correct
:o)
- new software for XONE:DX was released after production of the hardware ended and this included both firmware and driver updates.
The last firmware update included some minor bug fixes and added functionality.
The last driver release included updates to enable OSX10.8 compatibility.

Installers for all can be downloaded direct from the A&H website, here:
www.allen-heath.com

The issue cpa1ne had/had relates to changes in the latest generation of Macs that implement USB3.0 ports; it appears to be direct connection of some USB2.0 hardware to these ports that causes the issue.

Our software devs have been in discussion with Apple about it and have suggested a work-around that, in effect, makes it possible to re-establish enumeration of the DX onto the Mac by connecting the DX to a USB2.0 hub and then connecting the hub to the Mac.

cpa1ne's confirmation this fixes the issue reinforces our thoughts concerning diagnostics and means the DX is good to go with the latest Mac OS and hardware
:o)

I hope the extra info helps

Cheers
Al
Serato, Support
Matt P 8:51 PM - 24 October, 2012
dj-nice,

I stand corrected. :)

Matt P
Ragman 3:05 AM - 25 October, 2012
But that's still not a clear picture for if A&H will provide drivers and firmware update for Serato DJ to work on the XONE:DX. That post was concerning Itch 2.2.2. More clarification from A&H and Serato would be nice.
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:12 AM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
More clarification from A&H and Serato would be nice.

Serato clarification: The Xone:DX will not be supported in Serato DJ.
blackavenger 4:05 AM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Cool, tell us why?

I don't even own a DX, but I am curious....
d:raf 5:12 AM - 25 October, 2012
I'm betting the answer is going to come back "because it's discontinued". I'm beginning to doubt that a more in-depth explanation is forthcoming (though it would be welcome).

Round and around and around we go...
pdidy 5:21 AM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

The end.
DJKerin 10:23 AM - 13 December, 2012
The reason Serato have only stopped supporting the DX because it's been discontinued is due to the fact they will not be getting any more money from sales of the product. They don't care about the people that have paid top dollar to invest in a top of the range controller with what we were told is top of the range software. Now they have our money, they stop supporting it.

If A&H had another Serato controller we would still see the partnership and would still be supported. This shows Serato cares only about the money coming in and not about current users.

I stuck with Itch because i thought it was a work in progress. The bugs would be fixed, the beat grid issues would get better, the effects would improve. I thought i was investing in a company that was going to improve and develop. Now they dump me cause they don't actually care about their users.

It would be very easy for Serato to map the DX to SDJ. It would be even easier to allow custom mapping and let the community do it themselves. But they refuse. Why?

I love Serato, i used Scratch and then Itch. Since i love my DX and won't be forking out on another controller that won't be as good, i'll just use Traktor instead.

Goodbye Serato! I loved you but it's obvious you don't love me back....
toi 2:07 PM - 13 December, 2012
Had the chance to play on a DX last weekend and to me it's just a shame to drop such a badass piece of hardware... quality stuff like the DX gets sorted out and cheap plastic-toys like the reloop controller are being supported? wrong direction serato, sry.
blackavenger 3:38 PM - 13 December, 2012
Quote:
quality stuff like the DX gets sorted out and cheap plastic-toys like the reloop controller are being supported? wrong direction serato, sry.

That's what I was thinking.
DJKerin 2:55 PM - 14 December, 2012
So a quality controller like the DX is dropped by Serato, but now we have the Pioneer DDJ-SX, the 1st dedicated SDJ controller, just released with very poor build quality and loads of issues straight out the box - issues with lights not working, lots of platter issues, loose knobs, stiff faders.

Serato has their priorities completely wrong!
phatbob 3:16 PM - 14 December, 2012
Like the DX didn't have any recurrent hardware issues... LOL
DJKerin 4:29 PM - 14 December, 2012
Quote:
Like the DX didn't have any recurrent hardware issues... LOL

Nowhere near as many as i've read about and heard from people that have bought it. and whether or not the DX did is moot.

Serato are choosing not to support the DX because they will get no more revenue from A&H for future product sales. They are disregarding people that have already invested in them. they won't even allow users to pay to use the new software and won't allow them open mapping to upgrade to DJ. Then partnering with a company that has released the 1st ever dedicated controller to their 'new software' (read Itch 3.0 minus the DX) with very poor build quality.

they wrote their original code sub-standard and now need new code to fix it. A&H already confirmed they continue to support and upgrade the DX. Serato is the issue here.

For a company who's competition holds such large market share and who's software is still 'up and coming' these are poor business decisions that are hurting them. I love Serato and I don't like to see them make these decisions.
antlover 11:40 AM - 15 December, 2012
Hi all,

To understand the discussion, we must see the contracts Serato have made with the controller hardware producers and especially with Rane. I have no really an answer. But I think all other big DJ software producers, have not this bad restriction. I think Serato will lose the competition with other software producers.

1. point:
It is really nice to have a free Serato DJ (or Serato Itch) with some controllers. You pay for the hardware & the software. But this is not the golden egg! For example Traktor & VDJ do the same!!!

2. point:
It is also nice to have a Serato Scratch. But for a 4-deck solution you pay nearly 870€. For Traktor Scratch you pay 480€. Hmmm is Serato as good as the price is nearly double as high. I have no idea. But I think Serato should think about this.

3. point:
With Trakor or VDJ you have a program you can purchase for 50-250 € a nearly completely free mapable midi software. With that you can use ANY controller you like (For example the Xone DX) or also external analogue mixer. In Serato you have there a big "0". The future in electronic music is a big FREE. Anybody can make his individual setup. But not with Serato (or you pay a much to high price for it.

4. point:
Effects and loops have a very big impact in the mix, both are a truly joke in Serato Itch, over the last 2-3 years.... What do the other software companies in the same time?
A Dj (cr) I have the same feeling, I don't like Traktor or VDJ so much, but maybe I have no other alternative. Or what you can tell us Serato? For me and for many other people?

So, what I try to do with this message, I hope you read my and many other viewpoints in this forum. There are a lot of people, who are disapointed with this and other points.
I like realy the GUI and some features of Serato, but you give me no change to stay with your company. For me bad for you, not. But when many customers think the same the employes of Serato lost there jobs.....

(I search and compare a lot in the last time, I'm not that kind of guy who say something without background. This points are the most important here. Any software have "+" sides and "-" sides, but the general shap is now negative in Serato (for me)
Ragman 8:17 PM - 15 December, 2012
I really love you dread and doom guys. The sky is always falling in your world.
Bomb Shel Bailey 9:20 PM - 15 December, 2012
I bought the XONE when it first came out on the promise that Serato would add the sampler and the bridge. The SP6 took forever to come out and the bridge, well, we all know what HASN'T happened with that. So now I sit here with an Akai APC that I can't use with my setup. Plus, after the upgrade, I've been experiencing bizarre automatic movements in my software. For example, the bpm just starts shooting up by itself, and the program starts scrolling through songs automatically. I'm totally disappointed. I want my money back.
blackavenger 11:06 PM - 15 December, 2012
^ Dude, just buy Traktor..... at least you'll get some use out of those controllers ^
weeggyy 3:00 AM - 17 December, 2012
Numark are no longer producing V7 but still serato supports it for the new software. Why? because looking in the bigger picture A&H as a company that is no longer proactive in controller market, there business plans are no where near to other companies. So it defeat the purpose of renewing the contract between A&H and Serato. Plus A&H just let it go, they didn't fight for it. So if there's one thing who left you in the dark its A&H. Because it is them who is calling the shots not Serato. In the Software Licensing, it is not Serato who's begging to Companies to have their software included in their in controllers.

Case in point. Now DDJSX is out, if numark will produce a new controller they have to go after to serato and asked them for Licensing. My point is, i would feel the same way but i will not rant here, but instead ill go after A&H.

So asked your selves what did A&H do some thing about it? Firmware update? that's it?
Psynapses 11:41 PM - 17 December, 2012
blackavenger 7:31 AM - 18 December, 2012

Good for Y'all!!!
Psynapses 1:52 PM - 18 December, 2012
Quote:
^ Dude, just buy Traktor..... at least you'll get some use out of those controllers ^

I did, they had a great sale on Black Friday for it. Looking forward to diving in to it.
dj-nice 3:04 PM - 18 December, 2012
i just sold my DX and could offer a traktor mapping based on official mapping with many new mapped features (eg. group / single FX) incl. docs....
Psynapses 3:12 PM - 18 December, 2012
Quote:
i just sold my DX and could offer a traktor mapping based on official mapping with many new mapped features (eg. group / single FX) incl. docs....

As I'm sure many others will and go a different direction than Serato.

What did you get in place of it?

Also, sending PM for the mapping.
dj-nice 3:50 PM - 18 December, 2012
i dont like Traktors database. Same with VDJ. So waiting for the SERATO DJ support for my VCI400.
Why VCI400 and not VCI380?
I really need a previewmonitor while clicking through my database without loading them into a player. This worked on DX perfect (with Winamp/asio plugin via interal DX asiochannel) directly in the headphone cue.
This worked also (with2nd soundcard) on twitch via Aux input and on VCI-400 via analoge routing.
The other Serato mixers are only 2Ch, too big for me or offer no analoge input to a unused channel...