Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Why aren't the VCI-380's Hot Cue buttons colour-coded? +Small Serato Rant

Markabre 9:06 PM - 8 June, 2012
As the lovely squidgey button are RGB led backlit I am somewhat confused why they are all green? It seems like a bizarre thing to overlook, i would imagine it wouldn't have been rocket science to implement either, but I could be wrong.

Having to reset all four FX units to my preferred setting on every launch is just ridiculous too.

Serato, you should be knocking this kind of stuff out of the park. Smooth, polished, tight integration. Sweating the small details. Focused on quality of experience in a small ecosystem. Focus being the operative word. Small product matrix. Simple, Focused and Elegant.

You are not Traktor, one size fits all. More advanced, yet at times unintuitive and inelegant.

In many ways Serato is a step behind Traktor, progress has felt rather slow and plodding and communication disappointing. VCI-380 is heavily FX focused yet the FX themselves are really poor. We put up with limitations like no midi mapping (even for video functions) in order to have this 1:1 tight integration (though using a trackpad for video is hardly 1:1) but if you can't even handle that then what's the point?
DJ CAPRO 9:16 PM - 8 June, 2012
personally i'm not a fan of too many colors at once, but everything else you mentioned +1000
XRM5 9:09 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:
VCI-380 is heavily FX focused yet the FX themselves are really poor.

Vestax obviously put everything they had behind this one. Serato not so much.

What are the developers doing with their time?
KD1011 5:16 PM - 15 June, 2012
Not sure if anyone noticed this, but in the official Vestax video, at around 0:49, both decks are on hot cue mode, yet each deck clearly has different colors.

Does this mean Serato is waiting to implement custom cue colors like in Itch, like SSL?

Watchwww.youtube.com
XRM5 5:54 PM - 15 June, 2012
Wow, no custom colors for cue points in Itch? But you get more cue points than SL.....I don't get all the differences between SL & Itch. There is no sense behind the them at all, it's completely arbitrary.

If I knew I could have the exact same software experience minus vinyl control on the 380, I would have preordered the thing. Instead I'm stuck wondering whether I can handle giving up all these random features I totally rely on.

But back on topic, someone from Serato or Vestax already said on here somewhere that the pad colors didn't make the release. I can't remember if they implied any plans to bring them back.
VinnyBlanc 7:32 PM - 15 June, 2012
KD1011

I saw the color coded pads in the Vid two and wondered if they would actually implement that as they portrayed it.
djdisbjohn 5:10 PM - 18 June, 2012
the color coded pads show up in the sampler
Markabre 11:06 AM - 26 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
VCI-380 is heavily FX focused yet the FX themselves are really poor.

Vestax obviously put everything they had behind this one. Serato not so much.

What are the developers doing with their time?

Agreed
nik39 8:43 AM - 27 June, 2012
Are you sure that they are full RGB pads?
kalinkaweb 1:40 PM - 24 September, 2014
Have you found a solution to display different colors on hot cues with serato Dj? 8 green pads is impratical...
Thanks