DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

sync ableton and serato

DJ L-gee 2:26 PM - 18 May, 2012
hello,

I can not synchronize serato and ableton ...
Could you help me?

my config:

serato 2.4
ableton live
apc 20
MPD24
dicer
and external sound card M-AUDIO Fast Track Pro
dj led 7:43 AM - 2 June, 2012
l gee can you help me and send me the dmg for the brige
Xfade 10:16 AM - 2 June, 2012
Quote:
l gee can you help me and send me the dmg for the brige

There is no dmg for the bridge :) You just need to have Ableton Live and Serato Scratch Live installed. Start both programs and go in to the Setup -> Plugin tab in Scratch Live and there click The bridge and enable it :)
Xfade 10:18 AM - 2 June, 2012
Quote:
hello,

I can not synchronize serato and ableton ...
Could you help me?

my config:

serato 2.4
ableton live
apc 20
MPD24
dicer
and external sound card M-AUDIO Fast Track Pro

Where is your problem? Can you activate the bridge? (se my previous post on how to) If yes, do you get the Ableton View in Scratch Live? All information you can provide regarding your issue will help in helping you out :)
dj led 10:19 AM - 2 June, 2012
wey i dont have the brige on my tubs
Xfade 10:23 AM - 2 June, 2012
Quote:
wey i dont have the brige on my tubs

What version of Scratch Live do you use? And what version of Ableton Live? You need at least version 2.11 och Scratch Live and 8.2 of Ableton Live, the Ableton Live version has to be the full version, not Lite or APC Edition or any of those cheaper version, either the full Live version och the Suite version :)
dj led 10:26 AM - 2 June, 2012
were can i downlod the full versien of the ableyon 8.2 i have the 8.2.8 patched
dj led 10:33 AM - 2 June, 2012
ableton
Xfade 10:33 AM - 2 June, 2012
www.ableton.com is the place to go :)
DJ L-gee 10:09 PM - 5 June, 2012
hello sorry for the late reply, actually I can not sync from serato. I have to put the bpm in live and if I change bpm in serato it does not automatically change in live.
Xfade 8:48 PM - 6 June, 2012
Quote:
hello sorry for the late reply, actually I can not sync from serato. I have to put the bpm in live and if I change bpm in serato it does not automatically change in live.

Have you activated the Bridge in Scratch Live so you get the ableton View?
What version of Ableton Live do you use? :)
DJ L-gee 7:23 PM - 11 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Have you activated the Bridge in Scratch Live so you get the ableton View?
What version of Ableton Live do you use? :)

yes I activated the bridge but does not synchro. I use a second sound card and its going well but the sync is not the signal is flashing red
Xfade 10:05 AM - 12 June, 2012
I'm guessing you have the Ableton View in Scratch Live then? In there, do you have it playing synced to a deck (SYNC 1, SYNC 2 etc) or set to INT? If it is set to INT it won't care about the Scratch Live BPM :)
DJ L-gee 6:42 PM - 12 June, 2012
could you tell me how you your sound card parameters in bridge
Xfade 8:00 AM - 14 June, 2012
I'm not using a second soundcard, so my settings is set to Serato in Ableton Live :)
DJ L-gee 8:56 AM - 14 June, 2012
you don't have a ttm57 ?
Xfade 11:31 AM - 14 June, 2012
I have a Sixty-One, but that doesn't really matter. What you should do to make it work is remove the second sound card and try this:

Connect you TTM57 to you computer and start it up
Start Ableton Live
Start Scratch Live

Click the setup tab in Scratch Live and go to Plugins
Make sure that you have The Bridge in the list and that it is activated
Leave the setup tab.

Go to Ableton Live and enter Audio preferences.
Choose "Serato" as Driver type and make sure "Serato Virtual Audio Device" is set as the Audio Device

If you can do all these steps and The Bridge still won't sync I'm not sure what the problem might be :P
Please try these steps and tell me if you have any problems on the way so we can try to figure out what is wrong :)
DJ L-gee 9:23 AM - 15 June, 2012
Quote:
I have a Sixty-One, but that doesn't really matter. What you should do to make it work is remove the second sound card and try this:

Connect you TTM57 to you computer and start it up
Start Ableton Live
Start Scratch Live

Click the setup tab in Scratch Live and go to Plugins
Make sure that you have The Bridge in the list and that it is activated
Leave the setup tab.

Go to Ableton Live and enter Audio preferences.
Choose "Serato" as Driver type and make sure "Serato Virtual Audio Device" is set as the Audio Device

If you can do all these steps and The Bridge still won't sync I'm not sure what the problem might be :P
Please try these steps and tell me if you have any problems on the way so we can try to figure out what is wrong :)

thank you for your help but it does not work. As soon as I plug the TTM57 clocking is no longer possible without the ttm57 against the synchro is possible with the APC20 and mpd4 it's weird.
Xfade 9:46 PM - 17 June, 2012
Quote:

thank you for your help but it does not work. As soon as I plug the TTM57 clocking is no longer possible without the ttm57 against the synchro is possible with the APC20 and mpd4 it's weird.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean? When pluggin in the TTM57 it's supposed to automatically get the BPM from Scratch Live when you press the SYNC button in the ableton view in Scratch Live. What do you mean by "As soon as I plug the TTM57 clocking is no longer possible without the ttm57 against the synchro is possible with the APC20 and mpd4 it's weird." this makes no sense to me, maybe I just don't understand? :/
DJ D-fyne 12:32 PM - 21 February, 2014
Hi have the same problem using the such button when i assign to such with Deck 1/2 the Albeton file in the 3rd deck switches off