DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

midi controller with iPad over wifi (touch osc/osculator), bugs & inactive buton

dj alexto 3:51 PM - 5 April, 2012
I know working with the iPad over wifi is not an 'official' midi controller solution recommended by Serato. But I have seen many tuto on youtube of people who managed to set it up.
I have a few bugs myself :

1/ some buttons that are inactive:
push "PLAY" button, push button "enable/disable" the effects (the strenght button for effect works but not the ON/OFF), push "mute" for sampler sounds.
The strange thing is that I have tried and it worked for one session and not anymore.
I have tried using TOGGLES instead of PUSH, but it doesnt do.
Would you have any tip to give me?

2/ buttons that create a bug:

the push "OUT" of in & out looping that automatically goes back to the begining of the track.
The 'K' symbol of an arorw going backward supposed to get back to the begining of the track when I click it in the keyboard, is different on the ipad: it goes directly to the previous track!

3/ Reassign button when serato is quited and re opened.
I have some other bugs where I need to reassign buttons ( loop roll sometimes, and the IN of the looping)

thanx very much!!
dj alexto 4:27 PM - 6 April, 2012
up up
5:00 PM, 6 Apr 2012
Discussion moved to DJing Discussion
dj alexto 5:36 PM - 7 April, 2012
I don't know how to edit, the previous text on this forum..
I found some new issues:

other button that are not active in a proper way: 'AUTO' (to play a whole playlist without mixing it)
dj alexto 5:37 PM - 7 April, 2012
Can I have any indication to know how to configure those buttons? (absolute, binary offset..)?
dj alexto 5:38 PM - 7 April, 2012
plus another button inactive: the 'LOOP' although I have tried toggles and pushes.
dj alexto 12:06 PM - 9 April, 2012
here is a video of my still work in progress layout, showing all the tools that work:

Watchwww.youtube.com