Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

MITCH - Midi to Itch

selecta paul 7:33 PM - 13 February, 2012
hey,
the last couples of days, i worked on a little max application called MITCH…

MITCH will convert midi signals to itch. you can use your MPDs, Nanopads, iPads etc. to route it straight to itch. No other application is required.
it's easy-to-use and for free…
Watchwww.youtube.com

In a few days, I will release a major update (cue point, loops etc.).…i got some problems with the engine!

bug reports, more infos & download:
twitter.com

greetings
paul
phatbob 7:51 PM - 13 February, 2012
Very impressive work.

Still just converting to keyboard shortcuts, right? So any future developments will be restricted to those.

But, as I say, very impressive. I'll give it a try tonight.
selecta paul 8:09 PM - 13 February, 2012
yes, it's based on keystroke…and that's the problem to implement new features!

for example keystrokes for Looproll deck1 (alt+ctrl+1):
keydown 58, keydown 59, keydown 56, key 18, keyup 56, keyup 59, keyup 58
but itch only receives: ctrl + 1

a friend and I checked the program code many times, but we couldn't find an error!
if anyone of you is skilled in Cycling's MAX/MSP5, please help me. only loop function doesn't work correctly, right now. everythings else (cue point triggering or setting etc.) works fine.
DjTom-i 8:13 PM - 13 February, 2012
Really very good job.

But i can not say it louder: Why they simply dont give us what we want? All three brands (itch,ssl,intro) are not complete and everywhere some core/killer features are missing.

Its a shame that hobby coders (sorry to say selecta paul, i do not want to dis you, but its true) can find a way to add missing features and serato is unable to add simple things within years.
VictorMike 9:50 PM - 13 February, 2012
I do not know to clear this up for you a possible solution, butt in BMTP i resolved the problem by doing two separate rules the same key. Separate rules combine when a button to press. In fact I like to use Loop roll with separate on/off switch, which turns on the first touch and does not disappear until the second touch.

BMTP example, Loop Roll Left:
Name..................Incoming tigger................Outgoing action
Ctrl.....................CC#1:Controller 28, 127....Key down:Ctrl
Ctrl.....................CC#1:Controller 28, 0........Key up:Ctrl
Alt.......................CC#1:Controller 28, 127....Key down:Alt
Alt.......................CC#1:Controller 28, 0........Key up:Alt
1/16 loop..............CC#1:C#5, vel oo...............Key down:1
1/16 Loop.............CC#1:C#5, vel oo...............Key up:1
1/8 loop................CC#1:D5, vel oo.................Key down:1
1/8 Loop...............CC#1:D5, vel oo.................Key up:1
etc.
dj lashes 11:34 PM - 13 February, 2012
i was thinking that keys would work like this just a few days ago great work bro your on to a good thing here serato keys are not in the best order thats one thing i miss from VDJ to be able to pick your own set up
nik39 1:45 AM - 14 February, 2012
Nice work.
Big Pops 2:36 AM - 14 February, 2012
Nice Work Man keep us posted
Ragman 9:54 PM - 14 February, 2012
Quote:
Really very good job.

But i can not say it louder: Why they simply dont give us what we want? All three brands (itch,ssl,intro) are not complete and everywhere some core/killer features are missing.

Its a shame that hobby coders (sorry to say selecta paul, i do not want to dis you, but its true) can find a way to add missing features and serato is unable to add simple things within years.

As far as Itch is concerned (can't speak on the other two), it's not a shame when that was never the intention for Itch to be MIDI mapped. Respect to the OP for his efforts though.
selecta paul 11:18 PM - 14 February, 2012
thanks to everyone.
@DJTOM-i: yes, you're right. I'm only hobby coder and this is my biggest problem at all! it looks very complicated to program, but Max5/MSP is very simple to understand and to use.

Yesterday, I located the loop rolling error. if you're typing the following keystroke order, the error will happen:
press alt+ctrl+1, then first lift alt+ctrl and next lift key 1. itch doesn't stop loop(roll)ing. to exit loop-error, press "loop off"…(tested by: itch 2.0.1, Mac Pro 4c, Mac OS 10.5.x, 16gb RAM; itch 2.1, MacBook c2d, Mac OS 10.6.x, 4gb RAM)
who gets the same results? I'm not really sure about it.

@victormike: thanks for the information. a shift function for "load to sample bank x" is already implemented at the upcoming version.
selecta paul 11:01 AM - 18 February, 2012
hey,
yesterday, I released "MITCH 2.0.1":
- CUE Points
- LOOP
- SP 6
- Midilearn
- NEW GUI

overview: dl.dropbox.com
download & more @ www.twitter.com

i wish you a lot of fun and if you find any bugs or something else, please send a message
@ www.twitter.com
dj lashes 2:34 PM - 18 February, 2012
selecta paul i think the best thing about what your doing is showing the itch team that they not seeing what the users want and by force in the end it will happen with or without them keep doing your thing and serato open you eyes time to wake up.
DjTom-i 3:04 PM - 18 February, 2012
They Developers said it is not possible. Then one came that did not know this and did it!

Thats how it works ;-)

Very nice.
Big Pops 5:20 PM - 18 February, 2012
Yea man keep up the good works
seratosnatch 6:05 PM - 18 February, 2012
Thing is it does it cover all Itch's commands? That is cool.
Now if this will help make Serato give us what we want ! iMidi freedom.
I mean the controller has to be on, so why not give us midi learn for SP6 at least.
dj lashes 7:08 PM - 18 February, 2012
selecta paul on your list of things to do
unlock 2 decks without controller plug in, and before you all jump in think of i this way the issue is people who dont have a controller using itch to mix ok but wait i have a controller so dont stop me find a way to stop the ones who dont have one, it nice to have 2 decks when putting you music in order and not having to plug in your gear maybe your on a plane, bus hotel room, cillin in the park ect....

@phatbob remember you send the serato team dont look at the general discussion area so much bet you MAC PRO there look now lol
dj lashes 7:08 PM - 18 February, 2012
said* not send
djbagz 5:22 AM - 19 February, 2012
awesome would this work with a dicer ?
djbagz 5:28 AM - 19 February, 2012
is this only for macs ?
phatbob 10:45 AM - 19 February, 2012
Quote:
selecta paul on your list of things to do
unlock 2 decks without controller plug in, and before you all jump in think of i this way the issue is people who dont have a controller using itch to mix ok but wait i have a controller so dont stop me find a way to stop the ones who dont have one, it nice to have 2 decks when putting you music in order and not having to plug in your gear maybe your on a plane, bus hotel room, cillin in the park

dj lashes, I think you're misunderstanding exactly what selecta paul is doing.

Any of us can already have an external button pad with all of these features mapped to it.

You just take a USB computer keyboard and plug it into your laptop.

Alternatively, as some people have already been doing, myself included, is taking a program like Bome's Midi Translator and converting midi data to keystrokes so a midi controller can activate the keyboard shortcuts.

What selecta paul has done is create a very well designed, very usable, and FREE alternative to Bomes, designed specifically for Itch. And it is great.

What he hasn't done, is find some 'back door' into accessing the HID control layer underneath. So anything which is not available as a keyboard shortcut already will not be appearing in Mitch.

Loads of us want real external midi control. As useful as hardware control of the SP6 is, it's not a lot of use if you want to play a sample and use cues at the same time, for example.

And with Serato Video coming, there will be loads of video controls which people will want to map. So I'm sure external midi control will be coming in 2.2 or a future version.
dj lashes 10:42 PM - 19 February, 2012
bob am just playing around dont take it all so serious
Jiggy Flipp L.O.T 12:49 AM - 20 February, 2012
I need Mitch for my iPad
phatbob 12:50 AM - 20 February, 2012
It's available for your iPad.

Check out selecta paul's Twitter he's got a TouchOSC layout for Mitch.
Jiggy Flipp L.O.T 12:51 AM - 20 February, 2012
Quote:
It's available for your iPad.

Check out selecta paul's Twitter he's got a TouchOSC layout for Mitch.

Good looks
selecta paul 10:47 AM - 20 February, 2012
thanks!
there are some misunderstandings out there. PHATOB constituted exactly, what mitch does…

MIDI DEVICE > MITCH (convert midi notes to keystroke) > ITCH

and it's only for MAC OSX, because I need a windows pc for building the max application.
if there is someone out, who is familiar with max5/msp, i will send him/her the patches and gui.
mitch is only a temporary solution, till Serato embed a full midi functionality to itch.

there are some other solutions for translation MIDI/OSC to ITCH:
- OSCulator
- BOMES Midi translator
- MIDI to Keystroke etc.
the keystrokes are useful to enable five cue-points for vci-300 users.

the vfx-1 is only simple midi device. I'm not understanding, why I need a VFX-1 to enable the effect section… the vfx-1 is only a simple midi device, which everyone can build for less then $30 (for example my-3-hour-project: Watchwww.youtube.com or look at www.ucapps.com for more informations about midi devices )

@JIGGY FLIPP L.O.T.:
yes, there is a TouchOSC overlay. but I made it for MITCH 1. It's very easy to set up your own.
If you embed a new object like push buttons to your touchosc editor, there is a midi function next to OSC message.

@DJBAGZ:
I think a DICER will work. I'm not sure about DICER's midi shift notes. if it's not working, please download MIDI MONITOR ( www.snoize.com ), push every button, save MIDI MONITOR list, annotate midi notes (like C-1 = CUE1) and send it to me.
I will try to fix it.

I founded a small bug. I your mouse is marking everything, please enable and disable cap-lock key.
DJ Scaah 11:04 AM - 20 February, 2012
Hi,
thx for your work - found a bug with sample button 4 & 5 - it will enable the shift key or caps lock.

I ve made a TouchOSC iPad Layout for Mitch 2, i will upload it in the next two days.

Scaah
selecta paul 8:22 PM - 27 February, 2012
Hi everybody,
last weekend, I worked out a new midi-engine for mitch.
DJ Scaah tested it till toady and worked out a TouchOSC Layout. Thanks you for supporting!

Now MITCH runs more stabil & bug free.

release notes:
- new midi-engine
- looproll (caution, there is a keystroke bug at ITCH! to deactivate LOOPROLL, release LOOPLENGTH-Button (1/16, 1/4…) and then LOOPROLL-BUTTON. Else Itch will be looping on and on… same problem for normal looproll-keystroke)

DOWNLOAD MITCH:
www.mediafire.com

Download Modified TouchOSC Layout + MITCH.JSON FILe (based on DJ Scaah Layout):
www.mediafire.com

greetings
paul
Jeff Scott 9:09 PM - 27 February, 2012
Sounds like good work fella, i'm getting more tempted by a Twitch and with your application I could run an X1 alongside it?
DJ Scaah 9:16 PM - 27 February, 2012
screenshot of the ipad touchosc layout:
s1.directupload.net
selecta paul 4:23 AM - 28 February, 2012
@Jeff Scoot: Yes, I think the NI X1 will work (check midi messages). but only the buttons (NOTE ON/OFFs, No CC Messages).…choose a button in mitch, click it and then tag your MIDI-Button…
in a few days, I will prepare a short "how-to-vid".

But first, I want to finish my "skate motion" project (like midi fighter 3D functions, but only for iOS)
Ragman 4:50 AM - 28 February, 2012
You rock bro , serious ...
selecta paul 8:23 PM - 4 March, 2012
here is the promised MITCH Instruction movie:
Watchwww.youtube.com
djbagz 8:02 AM - 5 March, 2012
im now rocking a mbp can i use this with novation dicer ?
toi 7:49 PM - 5 March, 2012
I so need a mac..
selecta paul 2:54 PM - 6 March, 2012
Quote:
im now rocking a mbp can i use this with novation dicer ?

@djbagz: hi, if your dicer sends midi note on/off signals by pressing dicer's button, then it will work. midi shiftregisters are not supported right now.
the best way to test, if it's working or not, connect your dicer to your mac and try to map it to "MITCH" (for more, watch the new MITCH-Movie > MIDI-Learn).

if it doesn't work right, check my posting from 20.Feb…
Mixmaster Murr 7:37 PM - 8 March, 2012
Would MITCH work with a Vestax Pad-One?
selecta paul 8:11 PM - 8 March, 2012
Quote:
Would MITCH work with a Vestax Pad-One?

Yes, I think, that it will work. the easiest way to check it:
- connect it to your mac
- choose midi source in mitch
- activate MIDILearn at MITCH
- press pad (vestax pad-one or every other midi hardware)

if the green light next to the button flashes up, it will work…
more details for midi-communication between hardware & mitch, check out:
- help section at mitch app
- mitch movie Watchwww.youtube.com
the iPad (touchosc) at the movie is only used, because it was better to show the midilearnfunktion.

I tested it with: AKAI MPD 24, AKAI MPK 49, selfmade MIDI Controller (based on ATMega 16) and iDevices (TouchOSC) and every single hardware worked fine with MITCH 2.0.3

best regards
paul
dj NiCk DiCk 3:47 AM - 17 March, 2012
Just downloaded! I'm in finals week though and then headed to Ultra, so I'll let you know when I get back home in a few weeks :) I was actually thinking of working on a traktor mapping for my s1, but this will save me sooooo much trouble if it works out!!!

Am I able to use my Ipad2 and Akai lpd8 at the same time?
DTHUSTLA 6:55 AM - 9 April, 2012
Quote:
Hi everybody,
last weekend, I worked out a new midi-engine for mitch.
DJ Scaah tested it till toady and worked out a TouchOSC Layout. Thanks you for supporting!

Now MITCH runs more stabil & bug free.

release notes:
- new midi-engine
- looproll (caution, there is a keystroke bug at ITCH! to deactivate LOOPROLL, release LOOPLENGTH-Button (1/16, 1/4…) and then LOOPROLL-BUTTON. Else Itch will be looping on and on… same problem for normal looproll-keystroke)

DOWNLOAD MITCH:
www.mediafire.com

Download Modified TouchOSC Layout + MITCH.JSON FILe (based on DJ Scaah Layout):
www.mediafire.com

greetings
paul

Thats where I am having an issue @Selecta Paul, The Loop Rool... I Have them mapped to my Akai MPK Mini (The Top 4 Pads to Roll Deck 1 & the Bottom 4 to Roll Deck 2) But when I press the pads, I gotta press them a second time to release the Loop Roll...

Any help with this in the mapping area would be appreciated... Otha than that, this little peice of software is GREAT!

I recommend everybody to get it and forget waiting on Serato engineers to come out with a Midi Map plug-in for this...
Nephew#1 12:18 PM - 10 April, 2012
Are there any plans to do this for a windows system?
R-A-C 4:28 PM - 12 April, 2012
fantastic w00t, big thanks for that!!!!
dj_spark 9:02 AM - 13 April, 2012
Crazy ! Just **** in my pants... :S
DJ Paul 1 3:58 PM - 13 April, 2012
Can this program switch left and right channels for serato video (would be left/right keys on the keyboard)? Something for us V7 users. Thanks
DjCity 4:26 PM - 13 April, 2012
Great work...

Is that a Supercat track in the youtube video?
DTHUSTLA 9:58 AM - 14 April, 2012
Any updates on the loop-roll bug?
Nephew#1 3:29 PM - 14 April, 2012
Please,
same question: Are there any plans to do this for a windows system?
djbagz 8:30 AM - 15 April, 2012
can i use this with a android tablet ?
phatbob 10:24 AM - 15 April, 2012
As TouchOSC is available on Android, there's no reason you couldn't.
djbagz 10:44 AM - 15 April, 2012
good piont ill try it out tonight..thanks bobby
djbagz 11:13 AM - 15 April, 2012
i cant figure out how to config touch osc for itch hmmmm
Brian J 2:26 PM - 16 April, 2012
Maaaan! Where do i start..? Ok, allow me to say, touch osc is pure BS! Why it has to be so F' hard to configure a simple AdHoc connection!?I mean, props to selecta Paul for Mitch but we need some step by step tutorial (without the music) with CLEAR spoken instruction on how to set this thing up on the iPad! Until then I'll have to pass..
Lovariant 7:54 PM - 16 April, 2012
Quote:
As TouchOSC is available on Android, there's no reason you couldn't.

The problem is TouchOSC for Android is not at the same development level as the one for the Ipad. The designer of this software has focused most of their energy toward the Iphone/Ipad area. Because of this features such as custom layouts are not available on the Android version.
djbagz 10:54 PM - 16 April, 2012
i have given up already lol...like b said clear tutorial would help....
DTHUSTLA 4:44 AM - 19 April, 2012
Any word on the looproll bug fix!?
Brian J 5:40 PM - 19 April, 2012
OK... Take two:

I bought the LPD8(which is nice btw) and i was able to make the connection in about two sec!
However i'm not able to map the pads correctly.. Mid learn doesn't work on pad 5 and 6... Anyone else has the same problem?
pilmat 6:42 PM - 19 April, 2012
For another way to map keystrokes to midi for Itch control, check out this article.
www.djtechtools.com
selecta paul 8:45 PM - 19 April, 2012
sorry folks, I was busy…

it seems, there are some midi problems.
for every Device, which can't be mapped to MITCH, please send me a eMail to:

herrpaulevanetgruen [adt] googlemail [doht] com

What do I need:
- Typ, Model of Midi Device
- Midi Monitor MidiIn Protocol
Download: www.snoize.com

Midi-Monitor Instruction:
- Choose Midisource, which should be route to MITCH
- push every button which should be mapped.
- save .mMon File

Without the Midi Monitor File, I will not be able to figure out the mapping problems. I don't own the whole devices, so it's a bit difficult for me, to eliminate the mistakes.

iPad (TouchOSC) to Mac (MITCH)

it's easy to hook up the iPad (TouchOSC) to the Host (Mac).
- Download MITCH-Layout www.mediafire.com
- and add it to your TouchOSC Library

- Then hook up your iDevice to your Mac.
Just watch the following website of TouchOSC:
hexler.net
hexler.net

if this is done, start MITCH and choose the TouchOSC-source.
Now, MITCH receives Midi-Messages from TouchOSC.

At the blue layer at the right upper corner, you will see the Midi Notes.
MITCH only accepts MIDI Note ON/OFF Signals, no OSC!

LOOP ROLL-BUG:
I haven't found any smooth solution to skirt that user-unfriendly keystroke mapping.
But it's important to release the Loop(Rate)-Button (1/1, 1/2, 1/4,…) first and then to release the LoopRoll-Button…otherwise, Itch will keep looping…it's the same Bug like normal keystroke using by a keyboard.

Youtube Vid:

It's a bit difficult for to make a clear spoken instruction. I'm not a native english speaking guy and I'm speaking a bizarre mix of patwa, english combined with a little typ of cologne-german (rheinisch) accent. It would be difficult for many people to understand me.
you can hear cologne-german accent at: Watchwww.youtube.com

At everyone, who doesn't like the music. There is a mute button at youtube (just joking)

future contact.
for any question, bug reports, joint ventures or else send me a message to
twitter @HerrPaule
or eMail
selecta paul 10:24 PM - 19 April, 2012
Here is a short instruction for Adhoc-WiFi, iDevice and MITCH:
tinyurl.com
DTHUSTLA 11:26 PM - 19 April, 2012
Quote:

LOOP ROLL-BUG:
I haven't found any smooth solution to skirt that user-unfriendly keystroke mapping.
But it's important to release the Loop(Rate)-Button (1/1, 1/2, 1/4,…) first and then to release the LoopRoll-Button…otherwise, Itch will keep looping…it's the same Bug like normal keystroke using by a keyboard.

When you say "it's important to release the Loop(Rate)-Button (1/1, 1/2, 1/4,…) first and then to release the LoopRoll-Button" are you speaking about during the mapping process?!
DTHUSTLA 11:27 PM - 19 April, 2012
Quote:
OK... Take two:

I bought the LPD8(which is nice btw) and i was able to make the connection in about two sec!
However i'm not able to map the pads correctly.. Mid learn doesn't work on pad 5 and 6... Anyone else has the same problem?

I has an issue with a couple of keys/pads sharing the same midi note on my akai mpk mini... I just switched banks.
DTHUSTLA 11:54 PM - 19 April, 2012
Also @Selecta Paul, much thanks for your work... But is there a way for you to get the mapping from a Novation Twitch or Vestax 380 and sum how be able to figure out what the triggers for the slicer function are and pre-assign them into the nxt mitch release so that they cant be mapped?
phatbob 1:55 AM - 20 April, 2012
Not gonna happen. No keyboard shortcuts for the Slicer.
DTHUSTLA 2:26 AM - 20 April, 2012
Quote:
Not gonna happen. No keyboard shortcuts for the Slicer.

They initially said that about the 1:1 mapping and look... Theres a way around and it will be found or eventually they (Serato) will have to open it up...
phatbob 11:35 AM - 20 April, 2012
There is no way around it. That's a fact. Please read the whole thread and try to understand what Mitch actually does.

Serato have said that adding midi mapping is high on their list of priorities.

At that point Mitch will be redundant anyway as you'll be able to map controllers yourself without relying on keyboard shortcuts.
selecta paul 12:48 PM - 20 April, 2012
thank you bob for support! And NO, MITCH doesn't enable any functions which aren't be offered by Serato's Keystrokes, sorry. Without a native midi support implementation, there will be no solution for a nice external midi mapping.

While I'm getting deeper to the midi basics, I figured out that there could be a midi conflict at ITCH. The supported midi-devices by ITCH, send their own midi messages and there may will be a midi-conflict by plugin in other midi-devices (like akai mpd24) and route them through ITCH.
For example: Run 2x Numark V7s (to control play mode, loop etc.), Vestax VCI 300 (only MIXER Parts) & Vestax VFX-1 (for effects) at the same time will be ITCH shutting down.

There will be hugh multitude of midi messages to handle a short moment of time. If there is one pair of different incoming velocity values for one same midi note, ITCH will be confused and doesn't now how to act…
That's the big fav of Serato Scratch Live! It's less depend of midi controlling hardware.
But to get deeper to it, Serato has to answer this question.…

MITCH is OpenSource, now!

last night, i decided to release MITCH under GPL License at GitHUB:
github.com

the upcomin' updates are hosted there. So it's easy to collect everything.
DTHUSTLA 12:54 PM - 20 April, 2012
Guess its wait and see...
d:raf 12:27 AM - 21 April, 2012
This is great... gonna try it this weekend :D.
selecta paul 11:31 PM - 21 April, 2012
UPDATE MITCH 2.0.4 released
- default Note C-2 for every MITCH function. I deleted presettings for iOS Layout. There maybe were some conflicts with other Midi-Devices like LPDs… But, it doesn't matter for TouchOSC connections… so map your TouchOSC Layout like every other MIDI-Device at MITCH.Don't forget to store & export it…
- Faster Preset load…

More at:
github.com

DOWNLOAD:
www.mediafire.com
DTHUSTLA 3:31 AM - 22 April, 2012
Quote:
UPDATE MITCH 2.0.4 released
- default Note C-2 for every MITCH function. I deleted presettings for iOS Layout. There maybe were some conflicts with other Midi-Devices like LPDs… But, it doesn't matter for TouchOSC connections… so map your TouchOSC Layout like every other MIDI-Device at MITCH.Don't forget to store & export it…
- Faster Preset load…

More at:
github.com

DOWNLOAD:
www.mediafire.com

Selectah Paul yuh ahhhh di BAAAAAAAWWWSEEE!

+100
d:raf 5:06 AM - 22 April, 2012
Hmm... for some reason Mitch won't recognize input from my Korg PadKontrol at all (but my m-audio Oxygen 25 works perfectly). Any ideas?
Brian J 10:10 AM - 22 April, 2012
Thanks a million SP. It works perfectly with my LPD8 now.. You rock!!!
selecta paul 10:22 AM - 22 April, 2012
@ d:rat: the problem sounds interesting! Can you send me the midi monitor file for the incoming midi messages of your padkontrol?

Please, set the midi monitor display on NOTE FORMAT: NOTE (MIDDLE C-3) at preferences. It's easy for me to identify the messages.

If there any problems with midi monitor, send me an email or tweet message.

I will try to fix it…

@ everyone, who's waiting for a windows version:
I planed a windows version, but I need more time, more knowledge about windows (midi system etc.) and a windows os to run.
I only own Macs. But MITCH is open source.
You can find the "maxpat" at GitHUB:
github.com

- Download it, install trial of cycling's Max/MSP:
cycling74.com
- open "MITCH.maxpat" and prepare it for Windows OS.
all parts are sorted in module system (Main Patcher & SubPatches).

It would be great, if you make it ready to run on Windows…
otherwise, you have to wait a bit, because I want to eliminate the midi device connection problems…I've some ideas for a flexible system (either to use pots, iDevice's Acc etc…) but first, I want to build my own my device

AMI8 (Hardware MIDI Controler & iPad as a MIDI-WIFI-ROUTER/-Controler/-Display & maybe a small motion-controlling-system like the midi fighter 3D.
The iPad-Motioncapturesystem to midi is ready to go…but for the midi-device project, the GPS, Microphone sensors must be deactivated…I used it, to control abelton live by skateboarding. it is really funny!
dl.dropbox.com
theory concept:
dl.dropbox.com

Does anyone of you know any good public data-upload service, where we can host the mappings? I thought to ask techtools and host it at their new map-database. what's your opinion?
d:raf 5:35 PM - 22 April, 2012
After a bit of digging I don't think it's a problem with Mitch; when I test the midi driver in OSX's Audio/Midi setup it doesn't transmit anything at all either. I believe it's an issue with the PadKontrol drivers that I'm working on uninstalling as we speak (numerous posts on various message boards describing similar issues). Thanks for the quick response though :). Once I get the root problem resolved I'll report back...
Nephew#1 10:04 PM - 22 April, 2012
Keep up the goodwork for a windows system, we follow you Paul.

thx
RM86 10:42 PM - 22 April, 2012
So if I am reading all of this correct, Mitch will let me be able to use my Akai 26 pad plugged into my Zone DX?
djbagz 1:38 AM - 23 April, 2012
can anyone do a setup tutorial on youtube,i cant figure this ish out
DTHUSTLA 3:00 AM - 23 April, 2012
Quote:
can anyone do a setup tutorial on youtube,i cant figure this ish out

Plug ur Akai 26 into ur laptop, run itch, run mitch, in mitch & usuing ur Akai, map which ever buttons to whatever functions you want to use in Itch & voila... You good to go... takes all of 1 min...
selecta paul 11:14 AM - 23 April, 2012
@djbagz: Here is a short video guide, how to set up MITCH. Well, I used an "Akai MPD24", but it must be the same process of mapping like with every other midi device.
youtu.be

Just follow DTHUSTLA's instructions.
NICE GUIDE THANKS!
DTHUSTLA 7:15 PM - 23 April, 2012
Ok Paul, I tried the new version of MITCH, and loop roll still doesnt work the way I want it to... Dont know what Im doing wrong.
TEEMAN 1:50 AM - 30 April, 2012
First of all Paul, let me THANKYOU for MITCH it's a blessing to itch.... i first purchased the NS7fx 1 yr ago then upgraded FX w/ the VFX1, 2mo later then learned that itch was not midi assignable ... purchased the Rane 57 2 - numark ttxusb 12" turntables to use SSL that was midi assignable , I was headed in the direction of 12" vinyl anyway I wanted to learn all aspects of the classic vinyl way but i've kinda migrated to the digital DJ i started to use abelton 8 and learned of the bridge , purchased mpd32 but got engulfed w/ to much info way to fast to i've recently pulled out my NS7 again and caught up on the forums and found your fantastic midi program (MITCH) & quickly learned that all that time & money spent was just to control my drops granted my equipment will be learned & used to my full advantage at some point i am just a Man spinning & cutting up tracks mainly for friends & family w/ an occaissional event at my local sports bar but thx for the itch midi controls of MITCH ive learned it isnt the equipment that makes the DJ but how the DJ uses the equipment he has so to all u new DJ's pick ur controler & program and rock the hell of it !!! but there ya have it
Oh ya while im thinkn about it is there a way to midi assign the the A>B>C>D banks in MITCH to quickly scan all of ur drops/snips thru all banks in itch ? like i have done for SSL thx everyone for reading thru my rant on all to control drops GEEZ LOL !!! Im Out take care all
DTHUSTLA 4:32 AM - 30 April, 2012
Quote:
First of all Paul, let me THANKYOU for MITCH it's a blessing to itch....
Is there a way to midi assign the the A>B>C>D banks in MITCH to quickly scan all of ur drops/snips thru all banks in itch ? like i have done for SSL thx everyone for reading thru my rant on all to control drops GEEZ LOL !!! Im Out take care all

Yeah Paul is the DON! And very cool to work with...

+1 for this post
+100 for Paul's Efforts!
djbagz 11:58 AM - 30 April, 2012
Quote:
@djbagz: Here is a short video guide, how to set up MITCH. Well, I used an "Akai MPD24", but it must be the same process of mapping like with every other midi device.
youtu.be

thanks bro now i get it lmfao..ill be setting my dicer up this weekend thankyou very much
selecta paul 10:20 AM - 1 May, 2012
thanks for your feedback!
it's great to see, how MITCH is getting bigga and there are some people out there, who likes it.

The projects is becomin' more complex. So, I decided to open a BLOG to collect everything at a central point.

irieelectronics.wordpress.com

last week, DTHUSTLA inspired me to build an "ONE-HAND-LOOPROLL-BUTTON" Solution.
It's implemented at the new MITCH 2.0.5 Beta.

to activate the loop roll hold function, just click at "loop roll off" to enable midi learn (same process as other midi learn function at MITCH.
If "looproll hold" is activated, the cue points at MITCH turns into "ONE-HAND-LOOPROLL-BUTTON". Same at MITCH's normal loop buttons. But be careful, if hold-function is already activated the "Sample PADs" turning into "LOAD SAMPLE TO" and loads the highlighted tracks into the specific Sample Bank.

to disable "looproll hold" just press/activate "temp looproll".

here is a short looproll rumble vid:
youtu.be
selecta paul 10:49 AM - 1 May, 2012
sorry, wrong blog address! the last night was too short…

irieelectronics.iriemovement.de
Nephew#1 10:10 PM - 1 May, 2012
very nice job SP....awesome!......and pleaaaaaase give us also the windows version.
DJ Wizard [MZ] 11:11 PM - 1 May, 2012
@Selecta paul : Thanks for the lovely job you doing. I do have the Korg Nanopad is it going 2 work ?

What about iPhone 4 ? I didnt want to pay for the TouchOSC, is there any other way I can manipulate the iTCH ?

PS : Im running Windows 7
DTHUSTLA 6:09 AM - 2 May, 2012
I dont need to re-iterate to all of you the work Selecta Paul has put in... MITCH is the answer until further notice from Serato...

Again Paul,

Much Respect
selecta paul 7:34 AM - 2 May, 2012
@ DJ Wizard [MZ]: I think, it will work…just try and send me a feedback. after you have mapped it to mitch, please upload it to dj tech tools database.

every iDevice is supported by MITCH. But you have to set the toggle to midi note messages.
check the concept drawing: irieelectronics.iriemovement.de

if you don't want to buy TouchOSC, you can program an OSC/MIDI app by your own withe "Control": itunes.apple.com
I don't get any money from TouchOSC, but in my opinion, TouchOSC is one of the most useful apps to enjoy your idevice in a musically way and it's low costs. In the past, I got the possiblity to match lemur app and TouchOSC. ok, lemur has midi-wifi route and looks much nicer, but if touchOSC gets midi-wifi route, there will be less reasons to buy lemur for 39,99€…

well windows version.… i tried to transfer it to windows system last weekend…but it's much work to figure out, which key is used at itch win…windows runs at a virtual machine and I'm using a apple keyboard… so it will take a while to develop a right version.
first aim, I want to build up a stable mac version which runs smooth.
a win version will come out, if I could organize a win computer…
the computers at my university are all locked for installing personal programs…
phatbob 10:48 AM - 2 May, 2012
@selecta paul:

Did you know that Hexler now have the free midi bridge application for OSX?

You can send midi straight to the computer over wifi now, you don't need to use OSCulator anymore...
DJ Boom Bap 9:02 PM - 2 May, 2012
Hey S.P., thanx for your work.

I just downloaded Mitch 2.0.5 beta. I have a korgkontrol hooked up, I have it set up to korgs input output settings as the manual states. I can select it in Mitch, but its not getting any notes.......I am however getting the NS7 notes showing in Mitch. If I push cue 1 on my NS7, Mitch displays that midi note.

What am I doing wrong?
selecta paul 1:35 AM - 3 May, 2012
@phatbob
yes, thank you… but i don't use it, because it doesn't send the iOS accelerometer… and it's really easy to receive touchosc data by max, just watch this little example:

@ DJ Boom Bap: hey, is this problem at every note on/off message, like normal keyboard or only at the pad control? all elements, which should be route to MITCH, are set up to note messages?

else send me a PM and I will try to fix it…there will be a solution, anyway!

what do you think about a plugin to trigger cue points, looproll etc. by motion of an iDevice's accelerometer?
like a midi fighter 3D, but a simpler way for itch (because of the restriction by the serato…)
Well, in the future, I want to build a little dock for my iPhone with 4 analog button at the side…on iPhone runs TouchOSC or Control and you can use it like a midi fighter 3D. I tried it only by the iPhone and it works great but it wasn't pratical for live using! because you have to look at the display all the time and can't interact in a intuitive way. the best solution is, to add some "hot" analog buttons…back to topic

I think about a plugin mode at MITCH (like AU-Plugins). so everyone can easy build their own games (looprollautomation…)
bspot! 7:11 PM - 10 May, 2012
Hey, got same problem like boombap. But got V7, no midi would be recognized from nanoPad in MITCH. Do u got any solution for this prob?

cheers

bspot
DJ Boom Bap 7:40 PM - 10 May, 2012
Not yet, he is working on it but really busy (and talking about having to re-write Mitch) so don't hold your breath for too long
selecta paul 2:42 PM - 12 May, 2012
Hey everyone,
today, I visited my local music gear dealer and check MITCH with a KORG NanoPAD…
OK, now I know the error, but I can't explain, what the reason is, that the Korg NanoPAD doesn't send normal NOTE ON/OFF messages or it communicates on a other way…
the "allround" midiin of MAX/MSP doesn't recognize any midi in from korg...but the "notein" task does. I have to modify & rewrite MITCH.
I will try to release a new beta version tomorrow, where this should be fixed.

Thanks for the support to everyone!
Check out the "dubmotion" & "GPS" Plugin at my BLOG. It will work with MITCH, too.
selecta paul 4:59 PM - 12 May, 2012
UPDATE MITCH 2.0.6 beta:
- midi fix: enable "MODE 2", if MITCH doesn't show any incoming NOTE-messages.
this should solve the KORG MIDI-message problem.

DOWNLOAD: www.mediafire.com
d:raf 6:33 PM - 12 May, 2012
Damn, that was quick :)

I'll try it with the PadKontrol when I get the chance...
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:31 PM - 12 May, 2012
Paul Thank you for giving us this great gift!
d:raf 1:17 AM - 13 May, 2012
Awesome... works splendidly :).
DJ Boom Bap 2:06 AM - 13 May, 2012
Selecta Paul, you are THE man! Thanx, will try it tomorrow!
bluefoot 12:02 PM - 14 May, 2012
big up SP
Joeski 6:31 PM - 15 May, 2012
Does MITCH also do control of the new video plugin? Specifically, control of the video crossfader and or transitions.
phatbob 7:21 PM - 15 May, 2012
Nope. Mitch only controls features which have keyboard shortcuts in Itch already.
hobbbz 12:40 PM - 16 May, 2012
I just started using mitch with my Korg nanoPad2. Is there any way to get the samples to play when they're set to 'hold'? That is, the sample plays while I press the button and stops when I release it, icon looks like |--|.

Also, am I crazy or did iTunes start playing and acting weird when I opened Mitch? It's never acted that way before I used Mitch.
selecta paul 1:17 PM - 16 May, 2012
@hobbz: you mean the "oneshot"mode of the SP6? you're right! I've to modify the keystroke code for the spa to run smoother. the "oneshot"mode ( --> ), the "push-start-push-stop"mode ( |--> ) & the "sync" mode should be supported by mitch…

the iTunes prob seems strange… have you set any hotkeys or apple automations to start or stop at iTunes? which iTunes version and OSX are you running?

Ok, my order is received today.
now I can try MITCH with a Korg NanoPad2 and an Akai LPD8. I hope, this will solve all problems…
have you seen the new mitch GUI?
what do you thing about? I'm looking for some beta tester…

if you wanna join the beta team, please send me an email to: herrpaulevanetgruen@googlemail.com

many thanks to everyone!
Ragman 9:12 PM - 16 May, 2012
Good shyte SP ...
hobbbz 10:54 PM - 16 May, 2012
Quote:
the iTunes prob seems strange… have you set any hotkeys or apple automations to start or stop at iTunes? which iTunes version and OSX are you running?

OS X 10.7.4 and whatever the latest iTunes is. I don't have any odd automations. My function keys control iTunes like the default. but no other automations or programs.
selecta paul 12:35 PM - 18 May, 2012
sorry hobbz, this sound really strange! I checked it at 3 different Mac OSX and there wasn't any iTunes issue like yours…do anyone else got this effects?
DJ Boom Bap 3:23 AM - 19 May, 2012
Hey SP,
Just wanted you to know that I messed around with Mitch and my padKontrol today, works well.
selecta paul 9:18 PM - 20 May, 2012
hey everyone,
so the weekend ends in a few minutes and it's time for a big update…
the last couple of dates, I modified MITCH and tried many Controllers, so now, MITCH should run smooth with the Note Messages…
just watch this: Watchwww.youtube.com

more informations & download at: irieelectronics.iriemovement.de

have a nice day!
Nephew#1 7:54 PM - 21 May, 2012
SP,the video on youtube isn't there any more !!!!!!!!!
selecta paul 7:46 AM - 22 May, 2012
oh sorry, the video was broken, so I had to upload it again:
new video: irieelectronics.iriemovement.de
bspot! 8:43 AM - 2 June, 2012
paul u made my day!!! nanoPad is now working... but short question, is it possible to map shortcut for loading tracks to sample Deck 1-6 in any way ?
phatbob 8:56 AM - 2 June, 2012
Quote:
Nope. Mitch only controls features which have keyboard shortcuts in Itch already.
bspot! 10:01 AM - 2 June, 2012
Sure, but there are shortcuts for loadin in deck 1,2,3,4,5,6 - crt+alt+z,c,n,b and so on...
phatbob 11:03 AM - 2 June, 2012
Really? I stand corrected then. Thats not in the online manual.
pilmat 11:47 AM - 2 June, 2012
Quote:
Thats not in the online manual.

It's a TIP on the top of page 30 (right column):

Quote:
TIP: You can load tracks to the SP-6 with the keyboard shortcuts: ctrl + alt + z, x, c, v, b, n for sample slots 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (respectively).
bspot! 12:42 PM - 2 June, 2012
Yes, use the ? inside of Itch and move your Mouse over Sampleplayer Buttons/Wavelet then it will be shown... I wanna mark the track with my V7 Wheel and select it with nanopad Button...
phatbob 1:40 PM - 2 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Thats not in the online manual.

It's a TIP on the top of page 30 (right column):

Quote:
TIP: You can load tracks to the SP-6 with the keyboard shortcuts: ctrl + alt + z, x, c, v, b, n for sample slots 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (respectively).

They really need to sort that manual out. It's not in the list of keyboard shortcuts, that I could see, and the online manual I was looking at is still for 2.1!
pilmat 1:59 PM - 2 June, 2012
Agreed, the meat of the info is in there but spread around quite a bit.

A comprehensive "keyboard shortcuts" list would be nice :) And as bspot! mentioned, the "?" is your friend for some extra details.
hobbbz 6:29 PM - 3 June, 2012
My issue seemed to have stopped with the latest beta, but now I have odd issues like if I try to trigger loop roll sometimes it sets cue points instead. I have never set up cue points to trigger with my nanoPad2.
selecta paul 9:22 AM - 25 June, 2012
Yes pilmat, it seems that serato doesn't care about the keystroke features… check the online "keyboard shortcuts manual" and the "?" at ITCH… very confusing!

And now BIG NEWS: MITCH 2.1

so after a short break, I finished the MITCH 2.1 Alpha…

change report:
- new gui
- new icon
- fixed SP6 PLAYMODE issue
- support for Korg NANOPAD, Akai LPD 8 etc…
- fixed some bugs…

watch my "korg" post, to read more about "combo-functions" for keystroke use

Download: irieelectronics.iriemovement.de

have fun…
DJ C-Killah 10:26 PM - 25 June, 2012
Good looks on the good work but any update on the windows version?
selecta paul 11:25 AM - 26 June, 2012
@ dj c-killah & every windows users: thanks and sorry, a windows version will take to much time. because the extension, I used for converting midi to key codes, isn't supported by windows.
So I have to program everything in a new.
The next problem, may the biggest, I don't have many experience with windows. I'm using only mac system for over 12 years and sometimes, windows is very complicated…

If I get the time, I will try to work out a windows version. If it cost to much time & energy, it will not be released for free, sorry.

How much people need/want a windows version?

If they are enough, who are prepare to pay may $1-5, I will start it in the next time…
otherwise, I will focus my attention on other apps, like dubmotion etc…

Everyone of you is able to download the main code at GitHub and try to find a solution for windows. Don't be afraid, it really simple to get the knowledge for coding…

MITCH is nice tweak, but it is very needlessly complicated…
the best solution will be a native midi support for the SP6 etc., by serato!

sorry, if I don't answer every time. I often don't get a notification mail, that a new post was written…
DJ C-Killah 12:57 AM - 27 June, 2012
Thanks for your quick response and the good work that you are doing. As far as paying for the windows version of Mitch, it's not a problem
dj_spark 10:05 AM - 27 June, 2012
Will pay for Windows !
thebulge 5:20 AM - 4 July, 2012
Buddy awesome!

Can you add CMD-SHIFT-R for X-Fader Reverse???

That would be awesome. It's an undocumented hot key, but will toggle the X-Fader in settings (try it out!)

Cheers,
selecta paul 7:42 PM - 4 July, 2012
real nice easter egg, which you have found. I will add it for the next update release! thanks a lot!
thebulge 5:06 AM - 5 July, 2012
You rock. Thanks again for MITCH!
Hippy Jose 5:29 PM - 8 July, 2012
can anyone help me out here... set up my lpd8 to trigger off sp6 but when i press some of the buttons in the loops control section it also triggers off my samples...any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
Hippy Jose 9:57 PM - 8 July, 2012
nevermind, i fixed my issue by just using a different bank on the lpd8, this program is exactly what i need and selecta paul you are a fucking boss for creating it. why serato hadn't already taken care of it is beyond me. the only thing else i would like it to do, would be to change between the 4 banks within sp6 (Banks A,B,C,D) so i won't have to use my mouse to do so, again pointers would be appreciated and thanks again selecta paul
Hippy Jose 9:58 PM - 8 July, 2012
any pointers*
phatbob 10:06 PM - 8 July, 2012
No keyboard shortcut for bank switching = not possible in Mitch. Sorry.
Hippy Jose 10:12 PM - 8 July, 2012
Damn but thanks bob, what's the set button do in the Mitch GUI, I've got 2 buttons blank trying to assign them to something useful. Thanks
Hippy Jose 10:38 PM - 8 July, 2012
alright so I'm having another problem i changed the bank on the lpd8 because when i was hitting buttons associated with looping it would fire off samples, now when i assign an effect on a certain channels it fires off samples too. anyone with an lpd8 figure out a fix for this?
selecta paul 10:35 PM - 12 July, 2012
first, thank you bob! you're keeping everything rollin'!

hey jose, I knew the last described error! I'm getting the same error, but the same, if I'm not using mitch and my vci300, v7 & vfx1 are running in combo mode. Sometimes the configuration is acting crazy. The temp cue button player 1 triggers also the play mode at player2 or the sampleslot3 starts to play…keep me inform about the error, please.
selecta paul 12:51 AM - 14 July, 2012
some interesting news…
I found a small solution to switch the sp6 banks with an external midi device.
ok it isn't very comfortable but it works, watch:
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:59 AM - 14 July, 2012
nice!
TEEMAN 2:10 AM - 15 July, 2012
Diznam Paul You Are The Man !!! THANX FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK

Will There Be An Update ?
selecta paul 8:02 PM - 15 July, 2012
thanks & yes, it will be implemented at the next update.
selecta paul 11:10 AM - 18 July, 2012
Ok, I showed you the bankswitch for (M)ITCH. To switch the Sample Banks, the Cursor has been mapped to the right display resolution. I thought to implement some autosetup for this feature. but before I can add it, I'll need screenshots of itch, while it's running in fullscreen mode, to tag the a,b,c,d buttons.
more at: irieelectronics.iriemovement.de

thanks to everyone, who will send me his screenhot!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:16 PM - 18 July, 2012
I emailed 1680x1050
TEEMAN 4:03 AM - 19 July, 2012
nice Paul i think i sent you 1440 x 900 tryn to figure out how to change resolution on this macbook pro just mostly use it for DJ'ing not much else
Nephew#1 4:19 PM - 19 July, 2012
hey everubody,

Stil not Windows control?
selecta paul 10:43 PM - 21 July, 2012
DJ X Trodinaire & Teeman, thanks a lot!
you can scale the resolution at settings -> displays…
bluefoot 5:54 PM - 25 July, 2012
Hey all. I finally got round to trying Mitch and it worked like a dream. I was soon rocking away with drum pads on an LPD8 as if I had my old MPC back on! BIG UP PAUL, keep irie aye.

BUT: then I went to itch browser to try and load songs into the Itch decks and they all loaded into the SP6 sample decks...

I guess I'm just being a dumb ass but havent got time to trawl the whole manual right now so can anyone tell me what I did wrong and how I get the NS6/Itch browser to work normally while Mitch and my LPD8 are on?
bluefoot 3:03 PM - 26 July, 2012
ok, maybe i'm not being such a dumbass after all...

I've tried a few times today to get Mitch, lpd-8 and my NS6 working with Itch.

I get very different results depending on the order I plug in USBs and on the order I load up the software or the midi map for mitch.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong and I havent got the time to methodically work through all the permutations of plugging in/loading up to offer more detail yet. Also I am away for the next week so wont be able to.

One thing is for sure though: If i unplug the LPD-8 USB my NS6 stops sending messages to ITCH altogether.

I have macbook pro intel core 2 duo 2.26 GHZ, 4gb Ram running Itch 2.1.0 (40) on a NS6 and I am trying to run Mitch using an Akai LPD-8. I'm not sure which version of Mitch I am using as it doesnt tell me in the "about Mitch" info.

Is anyone else getting bugs like this? How is everyone else loading up? Step by step details would be useful so I can test them on my rig.

My best method so far is to plug in and turn on NS6, plug in lpd 8, load itch, then load mitch, then trying to load my previously exported Mitch Map (which never loads)... so then remapping and off I go.

p.s. still love it when it works :)
p.p.s I am on resolution 1280 * 800 which you already have so sorry i cant help there.
selecta paul 9:24 PM - 26 July, 2012
hey bluefoot, that sounds horrible! I'll try to detect & fix the problem!!
Maybe in two weeks, I'll be at cologne. There is a big music dealer, where I can hook up MITCH to every single ITCH Hardware and try it.
I hope to get it all done…
But first, I need some summer holidays, so there will be no support till 8-12-2012…
selecta paul 11:14 PM - 26 July, 2012
@bluefoot: have disabled the "looproll - hold"?
there are some different actions, when it is activated.
after holidays, I'll work out a full step by step description and a MITCH update…
bluefoot 7:26 AM - 27 July, 2012
Hey Paul,

Thanks for the quick reply.

My previous posts were written while a little frustrated so let me try and detail things a little better:

1) At some times tracks I was trying to load to my Itch decks were loading to the SP6 sampler decks. Having read this thread again while calm I think this may have been connected to the "looproll-hold" issue you mention above... SO this is not a priority issue.

2) I am having issues saving or loading pre-saved MItch Maps. I have followed all the instructions and have been saving my file in the applications folder (where the Mitch app is). My computer chose to save this file as a "Pattrstorage XML preset file." I have also noticed that this thread recommends I try and save as a "Pattrstorage JSON preset file." This is available as an option so I will try it next time I get the chance. If this is the solution to my saving/loading mapping issue I will let you know. I will also recommend your instructions are altered to ensure users save their maps under the correct format as it was not the format chosen by default by my MBP.

3) Even if everything is working and when all is running well: If I unplug the LPD, perhaps to load from a memory stick or to move the lpd around in the booth, the whole NS6 becomes unresponsive. This would appear to be an issue.

Sorry if my previous post made things seem more serious than they are. I was suffering from several issues which seemed to be interrelated. I have now seperated my issues and can now see the things I need to try to solve them.
I hope to find workarounds soon but guess you need to know about these things anyway? Even if it just means you produce a clearer instruction manual? (i know english isnt your main lingo bro, no disrespect meant)

I am also off on holiday for the next week, in fact I only caught this mail as I was setting up my vacation responder LOL.

...so you def deserve your break, great work on this app and I hope I can help. If I can get a full understanding of MItch and a few moments time I may even draw up an english user manual myself.

see you on the other side. Peace.
bluefoot 1:31 PM - 1 August, 2012
Just letting you know i'm back from my hols and I tried saving and exporting my map as a "json" file but it still wouldnt reload.

I want to check I am doing the save and load correctly...

Your instructions state:

-BUTTON "Load": loads "json" file
next press BUTTON 1" to recall setup 1.

Which is "BUTTON 1"?

cheers
Hippy Jose 3:15 PM - 1 August, 2012
Hey Paul, are you getting closer to the latest release of Mitch which allows control of bank switching? Thanks and keep up the great work, I appreciate it greatly
Victor420 11:46 PM - 3 August, 2012
Is there Mitch download for pc? If so where can I find it? Im trying to connect my Nanopad2 with
my Ns6 to itch. Can someone help me out. Thanks
breakermixer 1:06 AM - 4 August, 2012
Quote:
Is there Mitch download for pc? If so where can I find it? Im trying to connect my Nanopad2 with
my Ns6 to itch. Can someone help me out. Thanks

Only for Mac.
Victor420 1:32 PM - 4 August, 2012
Thanks, that bad news for me. Is there anything besides Mitch for PC maybe
That you or anyone esle knows of?
bluefoot 4:57 PM - 6 August, 2012
uhoh.... just tried to record while using Mitch/LPD8/NS6.

Any pad I tapped on the LPD8 produced a letter in the "recording filename" field but did not play the sampler.

I know MITCH works by keystrokes.

Is there anything I can do about this one?
selecta paul 5:08 PM - 6 August, 2012
hey, sorry I was at a festival.
Well, I found the load-bug and it's been fixed. an update will be released at the end of the week.
so this is done. I checked the crash-conflict between MITCH & Serato ITCH when a MITCH MIDI Device is pluged off… I can't explain, why this happens. It seems, that it's a bigger problem which has to be researched…

the letter at the record field will be, if the text field beside the record-button is checked. Just switch to the sp6 & hit some elements with your mouse. otherwise, every mitch (keystroke) will be written at the record text-fieldbox…

I will try to add the bank switch at the next version, but first the bugs have to be fixed.
bluefoot 5:50 PM - 6 August, 2012
Nice one Selecta, lookin fwd to more great work

Can't believe I didnt try using the mouse to move away from the record field :(
selecta paul 9:49 PM - 13 August, 2012
Hey,
sorry, it took a while, but now MITCH 2.1.1 is released.
Now the Presets are loading right! But the "Bank Switch" for the SP6 isn't added! Sorry, I hadn't enough time to try it. It's at the top of my to do list for the next Update!

more at: www.http
selecta paul 9:51 PM - 13 August, 2012
opps, wrong URL…
here is the right URL: www.irieelectronics.iriemovement.de
thebulge 11:27 PM - 13 August, 2012
CMD-SHIFT-R - X-Fader reverse didn't make it into this version :(

Looks great though!
selecta paul 11:42 PM - 13 August, 2012
@ the bulge: sorry, this will be at the next big update. I'm running a beta test with every feature like x-fade, bank switch, ffwd etc. watch MITCH Overlay: Watchwww.youtube.com

but, before it will be official, it must be tested very deep. I hate unfinished versions & every bug is an unnecessary inconvenience!
The "Preset-BUG" was to heavy to wait any longer! I didn't recognized the bug, because I'm often running an other version. So your bug reports are very important for me!!!
Cheenoi 6:26 PM - 20 August, 2012
Can I assign button for serato video effect in touchOSC using iPhone? Thanks
selecta paul 6:29 PM - 20 August, 2012
i don't try it, till yet. I don't own serato video, but if there is a keystroke at serato video for this function, it's possible to implement.
greetz paul
d:raf 6:36 PM - 20 August, 2012
One I haven't seen listed yet: Shift-Command left & right arrows to "eject" tracks from decks.

Love this program :).
Cheenoi 7:26 PM - 20 August, 2012
Being able to control video effects without using the trackpad to initiiate effect would be awesome. Thanks Paul for helping out.
phatbob 7:29 PM - 20 August, 2012
There are no keyboard shortcuts for any video functions, therefore, no video functions for Mitch. I wish there were, even being able to use the keyboard would be a step up...
Cheenoi 7:48 PM - 20 August, 2012
I know, its sad to think that the developer did not put some thoughts for itch users.
selecta paul 12:41 PM - 21 August, 2012
Yes, I agree with you in some points. but I think, that's a difficult job to develop a stable technical system VS workflow & design aspects. And it's often a wise solution "don't touch a running system".
To open up an application for thousands of controllers would mean, that there will be a lot variables to think about & it needs more time to get to this level. Because, if there is a bug and it's stop playing at a gig....well, that's would be a nightmare.
So I think, it isn't that thing, to get more & more features to itch, but the serato crew should communicate more transparently, what the future will bring and why we've to wait for some features (like bridge for itch) etc.
that's, what I'm missing at this company!
Markabre 2:28 PM - 21 August, 2012
I don't think many people are arguing for full on midi mapping to replace the Itch-approved controllers, rather, the option to throw in a Midifighter Pro or something to trigger Samples, Video and possibly FX, areas that aren't covered by the 1:1 controller concept particularly well on most controllers.

I don't see adding Midi in such a modest, sandboxed way as adding an awful lot of complexity. Even "toy" DJ apps have comprehensive Midi mapping/learning. There's no need to support thousands of controllers, that the point in the prominence of such a mature standard as midi.
selecta paul 4:41 PM - 21 August, 2012
that the same discussion as windows VS mac, android VS iOS or analog & digital audio etc.…there are no right or wrong, it's mostly the way, you doing your things & how big is your knowledge about materials.
I'm lovin the new way of djing, but I also respect the people, who call them self a "real DJ", because they're using 1210, 2ch. mixer and hugh bag of vinyls…
at the end of the day, it's all about your creativity & skills and if you notice, that there is something missing, there should be a venue at companies, where you can easy send your ideas, concepts & get into contact. (look at this topic) ok, I know, that a company has to watch out for profit, because they have to pay their bills, too. but there should be a way of compromise. I think, ableton is doing the right thing. They've implemented the MAX (for LIVE) option to it. so it's your choice, if you're using the original overlay with an apc or you can create a complete new way of making music (midi-bmx-bicycle). ok, many people don't need anything like that. but if you want to, the hurdle have to be set lower…that's, why I'm lovin the open source community.

At the moment, I'm planing my thesis about, circuit bending, midi, diy at social projects. I realized, there are a lot of people, who are thinking, that's to difficult for them to handle or that's wrong, because person XY told them (e.g. with an higher social rank)… but, if you're really interested in a thing and you're motivations are high enough, you will take everything. In time of informal education & the world wide web, it's simply a question of time, you'll need to reach your destination. Just remember the discussions, as digital djing wasn't state of art…And now, it's quite natural to use itch, traktor, ssl etc. at your gig. it's the same at music genres…
nik39 5:13 PM - 21 August, 2012
Quote:
There are no keyboard shortcuts for any video functions, therefore, no video functions for Mitch. I wish there were, even being able to use the keyboard would be a step up...

Cursor left/right should autofade, right?
phatbob 5:59 PM - 21 August, 2012
Yeah but the controllers all have fader control. I guess for V7 users that would be helpful.
nik39 10:37 PM - 21 August, 2012
What does the cross fader contour have to do with your statement that serato video does not have any keyboard support at all?
phatbob 5:29 AM - 22 August, 2012
Everyone was talking about video effects until your post Nik. Ain't no shortcuts for those. Obviously you're right about the auto fade.
nik39 11:31 AM - 22 August, 2012
Oops, I was referring to your statement...
Quote:
There are no keyboard shortcuts for any video functions

But I missed the post above
Quote:
Being able to control video effects without using the trackpad

My bad.
phatbob 12:40 PM - 22 August, 2012
Quote:
My bad.

Not really, you were right.

I've just never, ever used the arrow keys to fade, so that didn't even cross my mind.

Selecta Paul: I do think the video fading shortcuts would make a lot of V7 video users very happy. Definitely one to add to the list at some point. ;-)
selecta paul 12:43 PM - 22 August, 2012
it will be added at the next version ;-)
the list is getting longer and longer!
DjG'K00L 12:57 PM - 22 August, 2012
Hey, Great Work@selecta Paul.. Quick Question: Do U Have The Power To Allow The Samples To Continue Playing After You Have Switch Banks?
nik39 11:31 PM - 22 August, 2012
That's an itch/scratch live limitation. No way to get around it.
bluefoot 9:00 AM - 23 August, 2012
ez,

dont mean to be slack,

I just got back from one festival and am off to another today... will get latest Mitch downloaded and tested from my P.O.V. in about a week or two.

(Macbook Pro, NS6, LPD-8, Saving and loading Mitch presets + hot plugging USB issues)
toi 3:34 PM - 23 August, 2012
Finally got my macBook... gonna try MITCH tonight. launchpad as SP-6 control will be the first project, this stuff looks very promising, keep it up!
DjG'K00L 9:59 PM - 23 August, 2012
Ok, Kool. Tnxs Nik39. Anyone Thinks That This Should Be Capable In Itch Next Release (If Possible) : Having The Samples Play To End when You Switch From That Sample Bank.
bluefoot 10:25 AM - 1 September, 2012
ez all.. sorry it took ages....

I confirm I can now store, export and reload presets as .json files. Big love.

I also noted the disclaimer:

"WARNING – Don‘t plug off your Device, while MITCH & ITCH are running!

ITCH Will be crash!!!"

Paul = Lion.
selecta paul 9:34 PM - 3 September, 2012
a new drop: MITCH 2.2 Beta is out now

I added some new features:

- Fast Back-/Forward
- Bend UP/DOWN
- LOAD NEXT/PREVIOUS/SELECTED
- X-Fade
- BANK SWITCH

More at: irieelectronics.iriemovement.de
DjG'K00L 9:37 PM - 3 September, 2012
Yay..... Now Pray That Serato Allows Samples To Played To Completion When The Banks Have Been Switched...
thebulge 10:52 PM - 3 September, 2012
X-Fader! You rule!!!

Cheers!!
Hippy Jose 11:33 PM - 3 September, 2012
BANK SWITCH!!!! You rock selecta p!!!!
selecta paul 2:38 PM - 4 September, 2012
next drop for all the osc junkies…MITCH 2.2.1 OSC Beta.

MITCH 2.2.1 OSC Beta is the same version like MITCH 2.2 but it includes native OSC Support.
For more infos, go to irieelectronics.iriemovement.de
bluefoot 5:25 PM - 4 September, 2012
Ez Paul,

This is amazing work.

For the computer dumb asses like me:

!!! REMEMBER TO RUN ITCH AT THE SAME SCREENSOLUTION, HOW IT WILL BE USE LATER !!!

in your instructions also means return Itch to full screen if that is how you had it.

sent you an email too with some other thoughts and my presets.
selecta paul 7:38 PM - 4 September, 2012
thanks bluefoot. I recieved your email.

sometimes it's very hard to explain…

Your Bank Buttons may be at an other position, when itch & menu bar is shown or running in fullscreen. just keep itch in the same screen solution, you will use later.
- then press "cmd + tab" to switch over to MITCH and enable "CONFIG".
- Press "cmd + tab" again, move your cursor to the bank button, which should be tagged and hit your choosed midi note.
- if all is done, just switch back to MITCH an disable "CONFIG".
- Now the cursor should move to the tagged positions.

If I got enough Bank Positions, the Bank Buttons will be set automatically at the next version.

To load the Bank Button Positions after loading your preset, just toggle "CONFIG" On & Off to reload the positions.
bluefoot 7:57 PM - 4 September, 2012
I know mate, it isn't easy for me to explain and english is my first language lol.

I do have it all working and it is good.

but this is a good tip to get it working again after loading a preset:

"To load the Bank Button Positions after loading your preset, just toggle "CONFIG" On & Off to reload the positions."

i'll try this tmrw, nice one.
TEEMAN 5:12 AM - 5 September, 2012
Oh Ya I just returned from the labor day holiday to find that you dropped the awaited update
PAUL you are the MAN !!! for your great work doing what no one else would not even attempt
to give us serato/itch users the feel of SL cause personally i use my NS7 to do my gigs & I choose to leave my 1200's in the studio to protect them & keep them in working order , but i can't wait to try this update this friday at my next weekly show @ BATTER'S UP Sports Bar ill let you know how it goes we got an allstar cast of mixxitbaby DJ's lined up for the NFL Kick Off Weekend !!!

THANK YOU PAUL !!!!!

sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net
bluefoot 1:24 PM - 5 September, 2012
yes paul.

load preset, toggle config on/off, all presets works perfectly

Now i can have 16 drum hits or vox samples at my fingertips plus the 4 decks of my NS6.

That is all I really wanted.

Donation made buddy.

Good work.
selecta paul 4:35 PM - 5 September, 2012
hey bluefoot,
nice to hear, that everything works now.
I received your donation… big thank you!!
your banner is posted at irieelectronics.iriemovement.de

@teeman: great to hear. good luck for your gig! If you've any photos, videos etc. where we can see MITCH in action, just send it to me.

Furthermore, I posted a short statement about future steps of MITCH at the irie electronics blog.
I think, this will be the best solution for you & me.
read more at: irieelectronics.iriemovement.de
bluefoot 5:55 PM - 5 September, 2012
mate, i cant believe I was the first to donate. There are so many headz on this thread claiming you are dope and saying MITCH Rocks... and my donation was not big... I was hoping to make a ripple in the pond but can't afford to make a splash.

anyway IMHO it's guys like you who keep the world turning... doing something for free then asking if anyone is willing to pay for it is the right way of doing things amongst the righteous.

If i ever get time I will write up a manual of how to use mitch (to the level I use it) but I dont do vids or anything like that at my gigs, sorry.

One Love.
qnrg 6:49 PM - 5 September, 2012
Hi Mr Selecta

ive been on the web a few days now trying to find a mitch equivalent for windows to fulfull my itch+twitch+nanopad+sp6 ambitions. you know the rest...there isnt anything out there. so I have a question. Why do you hate me so much? do you know the suffering caused? just spent £2000 on my new laptop but i have no Mitch in my life....why? you seem quite a brain in programming so making a windows version should hardly be a challenge for you. please come out of your windows exile and serve the windows masses such a treat.

pretty please?
Hippy Jose 7:11 PM - 5 September, 2012
Hello all!! This is for anyone using the latest version of Mitch..... Has anyone run into any glitches? I'm using the akai lpd8 I have one row of buttons mapped to samples 1 to 4 and the next row of buttons mapped to banks a to d.. The problem I'm having is when i switch over to split cue on the front of the controller (numark ns6) both tracks trigger a 2 second loop and an iTunes error pops up. I have tried using different banks on the lpd8 but I have found bank 3 works best with the only problem being the one stated.. Which isn't completely a huge deal considering I don't really use split cue much but it has happened all by itself out of no where before without even splitting the cue and i truthfully don't feel comfortable using it in a live situation...on banks 1,2 and 4 with the lpd8 when I hit auto loop buttons or channel effect buttons it triggers samples simultaneously, also if Im scratching or using the platters as jog wheels it will also trigger samples... Hopefully this made sense and any responses would be greatly appreciated.. Tonight I'm going to try having Mitch minimized instead of just sitting behind itch when I use, hopefully is makes a difference... Thanks!!!!!
phatbob 7:22 PM - 5 September, 2012
Quote:
Hi Mr Selecta

ive been on the web a few days now trying to find a mitch equivalent for windows to fulfull my itch+twitch+nanopad+sp6 ambitions. you know the rest...there isnt anything out there. so I have a question. Why do you hate me so much? do you know the suffering caused? just spent £2000 on my new laptop but i have no Mitch in my life....why? you seem quite a brain in programming so making a windows version should hardly be a challenge for you. please come out of your windows exile and serve the windows masses such a treat.

pretty please?

You spent £2000 on a WINDOWS laptop?

Could have bought a kick-ass Windows laptop for a grand AND a 13" MacBook Pro for DJing with.

You, sir, have wasted your money in a spectacular fashion.
qnrg 8:07 PM - 5 September, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Mr Selecta

pretty please?

You spent £2000 on a WINDOWS laptop?

Could have bought a kick-ass Windows laptop for a grand AND a 13" MacBook Pro for DJing with.

You, sir, have wasted your money in a spectacular fashion.

but you have no idea what laptop i bought. it's custom. 3d, ssd, 16 gig ram quad core mega laptop...i game too
phatbob 9:34 PM - 5 September, 2012
And yet not as good for DJing as a MacBook Pro at half the price; as you made clear above yourself. Oh dear.
qnrg 9:40 PM - 5 September, 2012
why are you being a twat about it? i'm pretty damn certain my gear will stand up to it. 'oh dear'? youre not one of those geeks who stare down your nose at windows users are you? if so, grow up it's stupid
phatbob 10:53 PM - 5 September, 2012
As fun as this banter is, it's not fair of me to derail the thread about Paul's excellent work.

This program will do exactly what you want and works on Windows, only difference is that you'll have to program it yourself, and it costs a few quid: www.bome.com
qnrg 9:20 AM - 6 September, 2012
thank you. now i feel we're getting somewhere. well ive tried bome but couldnt get it to work. not sure its picking up the nanopad. i think my main issue is i have no idea how to tell bome what the numbered pads are in the midi language they refer too. I can tell bome pad1 (label only) has a keystroke of shift+z and so on but can't actually map pad1 to the outgoing command. I have even tried to rewrite a file created for an m audio touchpad & launchpad.

is there a way to identify the pads in the funny text it uses? not sure but it looks something like pp 66 tt or some sht like that. I guess this is the key to mapping the pad to the outgoing comands
selecta paul 10:28 AM - 6 September, 2012
I don't know exactly, how home is mapping… but if you want to watch the incoming midi messages, just use a midi monitor. i found midi-ox at google: www.midiox.com

then take the incoming midi messages and route it to the keystroke, you wanna use. Use the Question-sign at ITCH to know the keystrokes for itch & watch the online resource about itch's keystrokes. but be careful, some keystrokes don't work. they're for ssl.

to get more into the world of midi, just check: www.midi.org
selecta paul 11:16 AM - 6 September, 2012
Quote:
Hello all!! This is for anyone using the latest version of Mitch..... Has anyone run into any glitches? I'm using the akai lpd8 I have one row of buttons mapped to samples 1 to 4 and the next row of buttons mapped to banks a to d.. The problem I'm having is when i switch over to split cue on the front of the controller (numark ns6) both tracks trigger a 2 second loop and an iTunes error pops up. I have tried using different banks on the lpd8 but I have found bank 3 works best with the only problem being the one stated.. Which isn't completely a huge deal considering I don't really use split cue much but it has happened all by itself out of no where before without even splitting the cue and i truthfully don't feel comfortable using it in a live situation...on banks 1,2 and 4 with the lpd8 when I hit auto loop buttons or channel effect buttons it triggers samples simultaneously, also if Im scratching or using the platters as jog wheels it will also trigger samples... Hopefully this made sense and any responses would be greatly appreciated.. Tonight I'm going to try having Mitch minimized instead of just sitting behind itch when I use, hopefully is makes a difference... Thanks!!!!!

sounds very bad. can you check the outgoing midi messages, which will be send by your ns6, if you trigger the splitcue function etc.? If they're are the same, as your lpd8 sends out, try to change the midichanel of your lpd8. And check, if your looproll is still turn off.
Have this problem existed at the previous versions of MITCH?

well, if that doesn't work, check your pm-box and connect me via email, skype, icq etc…

Quote:
mate, i cant believe I was the first to donate. There are so many headz on this thread claiming you are dope and saying MITCH Rocks... and my donation was not big... I was hoping to make a ripple in the pond but can't afford to make a splash.

anyway IMHO it's guys like you who keep the world turning... doing something for free then asking if anyone is willing to pay for it is the right way of doing things amongst the righteous.

If i ever get time I will write up a manual of how to use mitch (to the level I use it) but I dont do vids or anything like that at my gigs, sorry.

One Love.

You're donation was more then I expected to get from one person. Man, thanks a lot.
Mainly I do it for myself, because I learned many new things about analog/digital interaction which offers me a new musical way, which I can share with other heads.

The german bureaucracy with taxes, insurance etc. is one of the most pressure which made me very sick and to make the decision to release mitch as donationware…I'm not a businessman which want to make much money and the regulations are very strange…. But I need some money/people to develop new project. A sponsorship by company like korg/akai or someone else, which send me some silicon pads etc. and have the possibility to create things by a cnc machine etc. will be a big freedome of creating new things.

For example, you can easy create your own controller for itch which has the same functions like mitch.
Just take a teensy board, some 10kohm resistors, arcade buttons & a box. Next step, create the keystroke sketch for teensy and then it should work as HID(ITCH) Controller…
Well further you can easy change the teensy setup to a coreless usb/midi device, which sends normal midi messages. If you need a wireless midi-send/receive station, just connect some midi jacks & plugin your idevice and use midibridge app.

You see, I've a lot of ideas for new projects…
qnrg 11:52 AM - 6 September, 2012
Quote:
I don't know exactly, how home is mapping… but if you want to watch the incoming midi messages, just use a midi monitor. i found midi-ox at google: www.midiox.com

then take the incoming midi messages and route it to the keystroke, you wanna use. Use the Question-sign at ITCH to know the keystrokes for itch & watch the online resource about itch's keystrokes. but be careful, some keystrokes don't work. they're for ssl.

to get more into the world of midi, just check: www.midi.org

thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

i'll try these tonight & report back
bluefoot 4:00 PM - 6 September, 2012
Quote:

Hey Jose, This gave me the shits coz so far I only tested the lpd bank switching and not if there were any new glitches while actually using the NS6 with it... So I just did an hour of heavy button pressing and scratching and... found no issues at all.

FYI: I also use an NS6 and LPD8,
I am on: Itch version 2.1.0 (yes the old (40 beta) build coz it works for me and I dont use video).
I use a Macbook Pro 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4gb Ram running Mac OS 10.6.8 with MITCH version 22 (BETA). I had airport off. All my tunes are analysed but with the "analyse beatgrid" function "off". I do not use SYNC or beatgrids at all. I only use the SP-6 as a one-hit sampler bank. I had Itch on fullscreen and MITCH just on in the background.

I kept on hammering my lpd8, switching banks, hammering it some more, and kept on doing manual loops, auto loops, loop rolls, hot cues, FX, scratching and 4 deck stuff on the NS6. Occasionally I altered my DECK A cross fader assign positions depending on if I was scratching on Deck 3 while playing from deck 1 or not. Also was recording (trust me you dont want to hear the recording, I just went for it and it came out pretty random).

Basically I tried to use as much as possible with "split cue" " off" all the time to see if I could cause a glitch for 20 minutes... Then I switched "split cue" to "On" and carried on hammering everything for another 40 minutes.

I couldn't find a problem mate.

It will be interesting to see if anyone else is having any problems.

ALSO: Selecta Paul: I know where you are coming from with govt and taxes etc. You do good work though bro and the few marks I could offer were nowhere near as much as you deserve. I hope you dont get taxed too bad for it.
I for one am happy to know you and I wish you luck in getting corporate help.
Hippy Jose 4:14 AM - 7 September, 2012
Bluefoot... Thanks for taking the time to do all that and then come on here and tell me about it... We are running a lot of different things as far as computers/computer os version and itch versions. I'm using analyzed tracks with beat grids but no sync.. Have you ever used the lpd8 editor and changed what each pad triggers? (for example A1, B1, C1 those very well may not be the exact combinations but I think you've got the idea) I never have and what I think is happening Is i am mapping samples to a combination that is already being used by a button/function on the ns6. Again thanks a lot for taking the time to address my problem, I really appreciate it
bluefoot 6:47 AM - 7 September, 2012
Hey Jose,

I have never used the LPD editor. If the NS6 buttons had conflicts with the factory default midi messages from the LPD8 I think I would have found them during that first test.

But as you say there are many differences between our rigs. I just wanted to report my findings. If I was you I would keep Paul very happy as he offered to skype/contact with you to try and discover what was going on.

Please do post whatever you discover, especially if the issue you are having is due to the mac OS or Itch version you use this will be very valuable info.

Good luck finding the issue.
qnrg 7:03 AM - 7 September, 2012
typical....this is why i couldnt get it working...my pads arent responding...found this link describing exactly my problem...will try this fix tonite

www.openmutual.org
DJ J-Shock 11:00 PM - 7 September, 2012
I'm willing to pay for a PC version...please, please please
Hippy Jose 1:33 AM - 8 September, 2012
Damn, I didn't even see Paul's response up there thanks again for helping man, loving the people up in this thread

Selecta Paul thanks for offering your help, shoot me over an email and hopfully we can get figure this out, thanks
Hippy Jose 3:15 AM - 8 September, 2012
Hey bluefoot, if you could do me the favor of plugging in the akai, running Mitch and hit the buttons on the bank you use so it shows which midi combination each button is using and then let me know what those 8 combinations are. No rush on it though whenever you get a chance I would really appreciate it. Thanks
bluefoot 8:49 AM - 8 September, 2012
jose: do you mean which note is shown in mitch in the top right hand corner of the display when I press an lpd pad?

...if not you may have to take me to school mate coz i'm not sure what a midi combination is or what you are asking for.

-either way might not happen until monday now... weekend=gigs but I dont take the lpd out yet, it's just for fun so far.
Hippy Jose 12:44 PM - 8 September, 2012
Bluefoot, yea exactly what you said, each midi note for the pads.. Whenever you get around to it, no rush..thanks
bluefoot 1:25 PM - 10 September, 2012
ez Jose,

OK so I only use PGM 1 on my LPD-8. I have the top 4 pads (numbers 5-8) controlling bank switch and the bottom row of pads (1-4) controlling play on each of the SP6 samplers 1 thru 4.
I do not change pgm on the lpd 8, i do not play samplers 5 and 6 on the SP6. Using this method I have 16 samples available.

The midi note shown in the GUI on MITCH for each pad I press is as follows:

LPD pad:
1 = C-1
2 = c#-1
3 = D-1
4 = D#-1
5 = E-1
6 = F-1
7 = F#-1
8 = G-1

all at channel 0 (whatever that means! It's just a detail given in the same box as the midi note so i thought i'd include it)

If I were to change LPD PGM these would of course all be different.

Hope that helps.
selecta paul 9:22 PM - 15 September, 2012
Hey everyone, I've some news for all the windows dudes…
there is a special "MITCH SP6 Edition" to test MITCH engine on Windows systems.
check out for more: irieelectronics.iriemovement.de
Nephew#1 11:28 PM - 15 September, 2012
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah yeeeeeeah I Know it, I know it, I know it.
This great SP.
This is what i have been waitin for.

Every day i login on de serato site to see if there is already a windows version of Mitch.
And now today is the great Day.
But i'm a little bit sad.
Tomorrow i have a little vacation for 1 week so 'for now i can try this Mitch version.
Damn i wil cancel my vacation for this

THHHHHXXXX S.P. great job

I'll Be Back
Nephew#1 11:31 PM - 15 September, 2012
S.P. please can you post a movie on your website or U-tube so i can see this version working on windows on my vacation.
selecta paul 2:09 PM - 16 September, 2012
no problem, check the vid: irieelectronics.iriemovement.de

have a nice trip…
selecta paul 8:17 AM - 17 September, 2012
short news…
MITCH SP6 Edition (WIN) UPDATE:
- CUE Points 1,2,3,4,5 DECK1/2
- LoopRoll COMBO/HOLD
added

more: irieelectronics.iriemovement.de
DJ_EQmixxx 7:46 PM - 17 September, 2012
How do u keep combo on to set loop roll it only allows one combo or am i doing this wrong
selecta paul 8:35 AM - 18 September, 2012
to activate Loop Roll for COMBO:
- press & hold combo button
- now, press an other button (CUE1, Cue2, Loop 1/1, Loop 1/2 etc) to set the looproll length.
- To stop the loop roll, just first release your looproll length button and then release the combo button…
DJ_EQmixxx 3:37 PM - 18 September, 2012
Is there a way to leave combo on at all times or does combo have to be on its own midi button
selecta paul 3:41 PM - 18 September, 2012
Quote:
Is there a way to leave combo on at all times or does combo have to be on its own midi button

just try the "HOLD" Button. Just Push "COMBO" to exit "HOLD" & Loop Roll MODE.
DJ_EQmixxx 3:47 PM - 18 September, 2012
Ill try this im just glad to see midi opinions for ns7 and itch ,,now we just need numark to put out NS12 the ns7 with 12" platters that would be sic!
TEEMAN 11:23 PM - 18 September, 2012
hey paul just an update I attempted to set my MPD32 to use MITCH During my show but the MPD32 acted like 2 LPD8 w/ the 16 pads (top 2 rows & the bottom 2 rows of 8 pads) were what looked like to be using the same midi channel when pressed so it activated 2 banks or switched ABCD @ the same time so i could not utilize all the sp-6 banks & be able to switch ABCD also i found that the MPD32 takes up alot of room being so big i think ill just leave it in the studio ..... ive recently purchsed the nano pad2 which is alot smaller & was able to attach it to my laptop stand which will work out better for space also i love that the nano pad2 has scene selection which will allow full utilization of all MITCH midi functions ill be setting up the nano pad2 in the near future should be a better fit for my style .....

MITCH rocks! & is a key piece of softwear for the ITCH users of the world in my oppinion NICE JOB PAUL
jprime 5:31 PM - 19 September, 2012
Interesting. I have a novation Twitch and would love to have a set of buttons just for the SP6 so I don't have to hold that shift button + cue points.
Would free up a hand nicely if this'll work for me :)
Stelvio 10:42 PM - 20 September, 2012
Hi.
Can you assign LPF and HPF to a dedicated midi knob for each channel?
Nephew#1 1:59 PM - 22 September, 2012
Hey Sp,

I will say you made a amazing great job
keep up the good work and i wil wait for an other update.
And is it possible to make volume faders in Itch?
now i use Mitch with my behringer DDM4000 but a can't use the volume faders (for sample player)

I wil make a little donation via paypal

I don't no why serato is waiting for so long.
Everybody is asking for full control midi sins Serato itch has born
bluefoot 11:13 AM - 23 September, 2012
Quote:
Hi.
Can you assign LPF and HPF to a dedicated midi knob for each channel?

No.

MITCH only works on commands that are already available via keyboard shortcuts.

We're all still waiting for proper midi control to let us control the knobs.
Bozo 6:23 PM - 23 September, 2012
Windows user can dl "Bome’s Midi Translator", it works ! ^^
DJ C-Killah 11:21 PM - 25 September, 2012
Big up your self SP for the windows support. Can I use Mitch with an iPad and pc or I need a something like an lpd8. Thanks and keep up the good work.
DJ Pyra-C 8:40 AM - 29 September, 2012
I was excited to find out about this, but upon further reading it seems that I cannot use MITCH with my iPhone as a substitute for a VFX-1. Would be awesome if it ever happens, though! Thanx for making something for the community!
jprime 6:01 AM - 6 December, 2012
While Mitch was in use, I pressed a button on my midifighter and it opened a song in itunes.

weird :( wtf
selecta paul 10:29 AM - 8 December, 2012
Quote:
While Mitch was in use, I pressed a button on my midifighter and it opened a song in itunes.

weird :( wtf

strange thinks are happen. caution, some button combinations can result in non wished function like "play preview at itunes"… check the keystroke list at the serato page.

Well, I have some good news for you – teensy + itch = titch.
a few month a ago, I saw the teensy. the teensy is a small microprocessor like the Arduino, but it can act like a native usb-hid device! So I tried the teensy as a keyboard, which sends itch specific keystrokes…
You only have to upload your sketch one time and connect the parts you want to use…ready to rock. no additional software is required, plug'n play, just the ordinary itch gear…
At the moment, it seems so, that you can trigger more than one pad at the same time to send keystrokes.
The additional goodie will be, that the teensy can interact like a native usb-midi device. it's really simple to modified the "titch" sketch for midi. so the teensy will be easy switchable for SeratoDJ's midi functions…

at my blog, you will find more informations and a short freestyle sp6 test run vid;
selkie 1:00 AM - 6 February, 2013
HEy! great software but... I'm having that weird open itunes bug... the thing is if I push the first button on my launchpad (which sends a simple C2 note) MITCH sends a veeery weir text string, I will press it now-->1234567890:"1678902345
890:"1678902345
<--

Everything between the arrows (--> and <--) was send by MITCH :(
DaveRukus 10:50 PM - 23 February, 2013
can someone help me out, I've tried over and over with no luck...don't know what I'm missing?

here's my set up:

Laptop - PC windows 7
Serato Itch - Novation Twitch
Mitch - Akai LPD8

I downloaded the sp6 windows, and sometimes it recognizes the lpd8 and lights up green to programs the pads. So when i does i save and store it, then export it. Here"s the issue like the YouTube video , i open Itch with my twitch plugged in then open Mitch and plug in the LPD8 and no signal? mess with couple times open and closing and sometimes i get it to light up but then no midi signal...i downloaded it 3 different times now with no luck. and when i open Mitch 1st, get it programed and then open Itch theres no responce in the software to the hitting the pads? Am i missing something, or not doing something right???
selecta paul 10:55 PM - 23 February, 2013
Quote:
can someone help me out, I've tried over and over with no luck...don't know what I'm missing?

here's my set up:

Laptop - PC windows 7
Serato Itch - Novation Twitch
Mitch - Akai LPD8

I downloaded the sp6 windows, and sometimes it recognizes the lpd8 and lights up green to programs the pads. So when i does i save and store it, then export it. Here"s the issue like the YouTube video , i open Itch with my twitch plugged in then open Mitch and plug in the LPD8 and no signal? mess with couple times open and closing and sometimes i get it to light up but then no midi signal...i downloaded it 3 different times now with no luck. and when i open Mitch 1st, get it programed and then open Itch theres no responce in the software to the hitting the pads? Am i missing something, or not doing something right???

Hi Dave,
sry, the win version seems a bit buggy! at the moment I'm busy, because I'm writting my Thesis. But after it's done, I will rewrite und check every version of Mitch and hope to fix the problem!
DaveRukus 10:57 PM - 23 February, 2013
hey man thanks i also received your email thanking me for the donation, so thanks for the quick response and cant wait. your awesome!!
SimoneRainer 9:17 AM - 4 December, 2013
Hi Guys ... Just a heads up to guys trying to figure out how to control the video x-fader using a non-serato itch-mixer!
In Itch, you will need to tick the "Cursors Crossfade Video" checkbox which is under the Setup>>Serato Video>>Control tab.
You now need to download a free app called MidiStroke. This will convert the midi signal from your crossfader to a "keystroke left" or "keystroke right" and move the video crossfader. This app will need to be left running while you are using Serato Itch.

You now need to input the midi values on the left side and the keystroke values on the right.
My values were num=31 chn=3 value=127 and the keystroke value is RIGHT
My values were num=31 chn=3 value=0 and the keystroke value is LEFT

If you cannot figure out what your values are - download a free app called midiMonitor, plug the usb from your mixer to your laptop, select the arrow next to sources, then click on the arrow next to midi sources to view your mixer, then ensure all other sources are switch off except for your mixer. Move your x-fader and midiMonitor should display values which you can use to input into MidiStroke.

It's a very basic way of manipulating the video x-fader in itch and not really real-time but it works for me and saved me tonnes of money not having to buy the Serato Itch-standard mixers.

Hope this helps
I RIZE TO THE TOP 11:06 AM - 14 February, 2015
where do i download this I'm so confused and looked everywhere
pedrodj 12:27 AM - 2 November, 2015
Where i download mitch?