DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Upload your Bridge user videos here!

Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:01 AM - 1 February, 2012
Hey guys,

We thought it might be cool for our Bridge users to upload a short video of them using the Bridge. We want to see how you are all using it with different music styles and setups. Any videos are acceptable not matter how new or inexperienced you might be with The Bridge. When we've had enough uploads we'll go through them and pick a winner to send a small prize package out to :)

It's not necessary but if you are able to do a screen-capture of Scratch Live aswell as the recording of you physically doing it that would be great! We want to see what you are doing with your hands aswell as what's happening in Scratch Live if possible. There are some free screen capture applications here : mac.appstorm.net Also, Quicktime 10 allows you to screencapture. Either way, upload your Bridge sets whatever they are!

:)
Razy 12:05 PM - 1 February, 2012
Check out this one :)

Watchvimeo.com
Code:E 11:54 PM - 1 February, 2012
^^^ awesome.
i though I was controller happy.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 10:17 PM - 6 February, 2012
Awesome video Razy! Very well put together :)
djdannyd 3:54 AM - 7 February, 2012
Will all this be possible with the next release for SSL 2.4 and the new rane mixers sixty-one or sixty-two?
Razy 8:07 AM - 7 February, 2012
How do you mean that?
It was all possible 6 month ago. And its all possible now. And its also all possible with a none-midi-mixer like my TTM56S.
The only limit is the power of your imagination :)
If you got special questions about that let me know. There are much other ways in using The Bridge. My video above shows just a little part.
djdannyd 3:08 PM - 7 February, 2012
Razy, that was a great video btw. I don't think that I'm limiting myself while using the bridge, quite honestly I started using it about a year ago and love it!
I was just looking forward to having the sixty-two's controls & apc40 at my finger tips and not be using 4 or 5 different midi controllers.
I'll probably keep 2 versions of SSL, 1 for the sixty-two and an older version for the bridge and mixtape.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 9:06 PM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:
Will all this be possible with the next release for SSL 2.4 and the new rane mixers sixty-one or sixty-two?

Using the Bridge like Razy did in the video? Yes, the only thing that will be omitted from 2.4 is the Mixtape functionality. However there is currently a discussion regarding Mixtape so the future of it is not certain at this moment.

But let's keep this thread on track! VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS :P
Dj Ollie 12:18 AM - 8 February, 2012
Awesome thread! Just wondering, would you mind posting what the videos will be judged on? I know you mentioned screenshots of Serato/Ableton is not mandatory...so I wanted to know if you were judging on Tutorials or overall Live performance and/or use of the Bridge?

Thanks,

Ollie
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 2:29 AM - 8 February, 2012
Quote:
overall Live performance and/or use of the Bridge?

We will be judging on this ;) We want to see some cool videos of you guys using The Bridge!
Screenshots of Scratch Live are just a bonus because it allows us to see what you are actually doing, but like I said anything at all is good!
Razy 12:42 PM - 8 February, 2012
I also said in another Thread:
I will make a big Video Tutorial about The Bridge in HD-Quality. The length will be about 30 till 60 Minutes. There are LOT of things you have to care about.
It starts with your computer, your settings, your requirments; what you want to do with The Bridge, your controller, mappings, your DJ Mixer and many many more.
Tomorrow I got 5 Weeks holidays, I think I get it done in the first 2 weeks.
But I'm not sure if I will speak german or english :)
djchrischip 2:23 AM - 9 February, 2012
english plz!!
djdannyd 2:28 AM - 9 February, 2012
English +1
Code:E 5:24 AM - 9 February, 2012
english +2
Razy 10:41 PM - 9 February, 2012
Okay, you got me :D
I will make it in english. Maybe a german version will follow further.
I finished the script today. The tutorial will have 9 chapters. Each of them with many subchapters.
Ali-Digitali 12:35 AM - 10 February, 2012
Dear Logan D,

i am after DJ-Chainsaw (employee of numark), the first user of Serato Itch in Holland.
Lucky me managed to get myself a NS7 deck before they were in the shelves Europe...
then i waited patiently for the V7 to be released.
When the V7 was released, i got one once again before it was released in Europe. (bless the internet..)

So now after all these years of being loyal to the " Serato" system...
I get to this forum page and it says : "We thought it might be cool for our Bridge users to upload a short video of them using the Bridge."

Well after being waiting for a few years now, me myself and a lot of other " Itch" users would really appreciate getting "the Bridge" done. Or at least be informed with some approximated release dates.

I will be very pleased uploading a video of me using " the Bridge" once it is available for "Itch"
Ali-Digitali 12:47 AM - 10 February, 2012
And a whole difrent thing...

it is a FAIL " Itch" is not working with the bridge...
it is a reall big FAIL that you have to buy 2 laptops in order to be able to play 4 decks when you use the V7 with " Itch" ...
its even a BIGGER FAIL that you have to spend:

4x600E=2400E (4xV7)
2x1400E=2800E(macbook 13.3")
1x1400E=1400E (XONE92) (4band EQ)
1x340E=340E (Akai mpc-40)
Total: 6940E on a viritual 4deck DJ set up.

this makes people look for alternatives...

so am i at the moment...
Code:E 2:03 AM - 10 February, 2012
what thats BS. i was wondering if i could buy an NS7 and 1 V7 or an NS6 and 2 V7's to have 45 decks of control all the time.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:46 AM - 10 February, 2012
Ali-Digitali,

The V7 was never supposed to have more than two deck control, and you also purchased them long before the Bridge was even made. Also, you don't have to buy all of that equipment that's quite an awesome setup but certainly not necessary. I'm sorry you aren't satisfied but we are always working on new and exciting things for ITCH. I can't give you any more information regarding the Bridge for ITCH at this moment and this isn't the right thread for it! If you have any other questions please start a help thread and we'll gladly answer an questions or problems you have :)
Dj Ollie 6:33 AM - 11 February, 2012
Here is a demo of the Bridge using Serato/Ableton/TTM57sl/2 Technics 1200s/Novation Dicers/MPD26... Just ordered my APC40, so I wanted to upload one last video before I start using the APC40...

Watchwww.youtube.com

DJ Ollie
www.SeriousSoundsCrew.com
Dj Ace 6:22 AM - 14 February, 2012
cool video Ollie
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 6:43 AM - 14 February, 2012
Nice one Ollie!
Dj Ollie 5:56 PM - 14 February, 2012
Thx dudes!
Razy 3:56 PM - 12 March, 2012
Here my next one:
A mix with my definition of the Bridge. Hiphop vs Dubstep Beat.

Watchvimeo.com
Trinicapone 3:40 AM - 15 March, 2012
Quote:
Here my next one:

Watchvimeo.com

Nice!
Dj Scarface 11:51 AM - 16 March, 2012
Quote:
Here my next one:

Watchvimeo.com

NICE

I still want razy to do a step by step setup video of his gear... so i can see what i need to do
Razy 12:59 AM - 17 March, 2012
Sorry folks, the tuorial is fineshed but I am not allowed to release it. You have to do The Bridge on your own...
Code:E 1:09 AM - 17 March, 2012
agian, why. Sounds like a load of BS to me.
djdannyd 1:47 AM - 17 March, 2012
Not allowed to released your own video?? Lol
diskrate 1:51 AM - 17 March, 2012
lol why not allowed? wth
was lookin fwd :(
Razy 1:52 AM - 17 March, 2012
No, the PDF document because I am not allowed to use the rane / serato logos and graphics. I have no copyrights. Everything I made is based on them.
djdannyd 2:00 AM - 17 March, 2012
yes but you are NOT using them for profit, on the other hand you are promoting Rane, Ableton & serato. Logan D from Serato asked all of us to post some videos, lol the irony.
Razy 2:14 AM - 17 March, 2012
If Logan D say everything is allright when I post it then I have no problems to do it.

But I am not able to do it now. I'm sorry.
Trinicapone 2:18 AM - 17 March, 2012
Wow who the hell told you that. If thats the case throw some black tape over the logos and graphic trust me we don't care! They gave a few bull shit videos on bridge and expect everyone to rock out with the shit! But in other threads they are under pressure about ME! REally!
djdannyd 2:29 AM - 17 March, 2012
I cant use my laptop to rock a party anymore cause my apple logo on my laptop is visible :( I'm going back to vinyl i guess......
Trinicapone 2:32 AM - 17 March, 2012
Quote:
I cant use my laptop to rock a party anymore cause my apple logo on my laptop is visible :( I'm going back to vinyl i guess......

LMFAO!!!!!!
Code:E 6:53 AM - 17 March, 2012
Quote:

+1

Pretty sure most countrys have free and fair use laws.... i think this would fall under that.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 10:17 AM - 17 March, 2012
It's fine to post your PDF Razy, go ahead! Another great video too :)
Razy 11:44 AM - 17 March, 2012
Okay, well. Than its no problem. Give me a few hours and I will post it!

.. and I am also working on another video !
djchrischip 10:17 PM - 18 March, 2012
Quote:
Okay, well. Than its no problem. Give me a few hours and I will post it!

.. and I am also working on another video !

cant wait
jprime 11:51 PM - 11 April, 2012
Just trying to go between a couple loops, effect and my amateur scratches :P

Watchwww.youtube.com

Skip the first 10 seconds of blackness until Youtube lets me trim the vid ;)