Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SP6 an afterthought on Itch controllers?

xacto 5:22 PM - 2 January, 2012
I am new to Itch, got an NS6 a few days ago so I am hoping I just need some schooling...
I am coming from SSL where *some* parameters are midi assignable.

The *new* Itch controllers don't have dedicated SP6 triggers.
NS6 has no sample triggers on the controller.
DDJ-S1 is designed to slip over your keyboard, however the SP6 tiggers are keyboard hotkeys...
Am I missing something?
From what I can tell the midi learn feature is not available in Itch?
I'd be willing to lose 3 hotcue buttons on each side to add SP6 triggers as I could in SSL.
phatbob 6:38 PM - 2 January, 2012
Hardware control of the SP6 is in 2.1, which will probably be out fairly soon now.
pdidy 8:16 PM - 2 January, 2012
Quote:
I am new to Itch, got an NS6 a few days ago so I am hoping I just need some schooling...
I am coming from SSL where *some* parameters are midi assignable.

The *new* Itch controllers don't have dedicated SP6 triggers.
NS6 has no sample triggers on the controller.
DDJ-S1 is designed to slip over your keyboard, however the SP6 tiggers are keyboard hotkeys...
Am I missing something?
From what I can tell the midi learn feature is not available in Itch?
I'd be willing to lose 3 hotcue buttons on each side to add SP6 triggers as I could in SSL.

Yes you are missing something and its called "SP6 Hardware Trigger Mode" in 2.1.
read this......
serato.com
so with Trigger Mode engaged you can now trigger your samples by hold shift and using the cue point buttons to trigger samples.
signs 10:15 PM - 2 January, 2012
Itch has SP-6 Sample Player just a few Weeks now, and there have not been new Controllers shown since 2.0 came out.
Now 2.1 will appear which has "Hardware Trigger Mode". A Workaround, so you can use your old Controller to use new Features, the Controller never had been designed for.

I hop there will be new Controller coming to us the next time - an hopefully Numarks NSP-6 will get real! Maybe at NAMM 2012 which is just a few days away?!?
xacto 12:03 AM - 3 January, 2012
OK, thanks for the info.

I don't think i'll be adding my old gear to the equation, simplifying my gear glut was the point in moving to an all-in-one controller. Keyboard hotkeys will suffice for now.

It's a moving train I suppose....
phatbob 12:06 AM - 3 January, 2012
Just hang on for the 2.1 release if you don't want to test the beta. Trust me it'll work nicely on your NS6.