Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Advanced "FAST FORWARD" and "REWIND" support for pioneer CDJ's in HID-MIDI mode

zuzo-deejay 5:30 PM - 9 December, 2011
Hy everybody, i will try to explain my suggestion for future development of Serato software.
Lot of deejay's use pioneer CDJ-350, CDJ-400, CDJ-850, CDJ-900 or CDJ-2000 in HID-MIDI mode with Serato, and everything works fine except one thing...if you want to quickly "FAST FORWARD" for ex. from 00:15:00 to 03:30:00 (m:s:f) to quickly preveiw some song or to cue it in the middle serato needs 35 seconds to "FAST FORWARD" this 03:15:00 (m:s:f) while if you use normally pioneer CDJ's with Timecode CD's in absolute mode when you press "FAST FORWARD" and rotate jog clockwise you can easily jump to any position in song in a few seconds so that way you are much more flexible and faster, I think that lot of deejay's will agree with me abouth that thing.

I want to suggest Serato development team to upgrade this "FAST FORWARD" and "REWIND" function with combination of rotating with jogwheel to make it more faster and this would be the best solution.
Second option would be to upgrade "FAST FORWARD" and "REWIND" buttons in serato, for example if i press "FAST FORWARD" on cd player first 2 seconds will be normal, after 2 seconds will be about 3-4 times faster, and after 4 seconds 10 times faster.

I hope that other users will support my suggestion :)
MadTwo 3:28 PM - 11 March, 2012
I know this was posted long ago but I definitely agree with this. At the moment I'm using my dicer's in order to jump around to different cue points on a track just as a quicker way to fast forward, but would be nice if it could be done only using the CDJ's.
zuzo-deejay 3:43 PM - 17 March, 2012
Quote:
I know this was posted long ago but I definitely agree with this. At the moment I'm using my dicer's in order to jump around to different cue points on a track just as a quicker way to fast forward, but would be nice if it could be done only using the CDJ's.

only pioneer model cdj 2000 with needle search has no problem, but on all other models fast forward and rewind is a pain expecially when playing song is close to end and you have to make some fast improvisation with next song. Thank god for novation dicers which save this thing a little bit with cue points :) i hope that serato will hear us and fix this in future
teva kohavi 1:12 AM - 18 March, 2012
+1
Mistral 7:31 PM - 9 May, 2012
It is definitely a must, to have the option to rewind fast for- and backward.
BrendanClay 4:45 AM - 23 December, 2014
This is an absolute must.
Roy Van Dal 8:05 PM - 2 July, 2015
+1