DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Serato selling Video-SL for 50%off...

damehype 4:50 AM - 1 December, 2011
Until Dec. 31
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:09 AM - 1 December, 2011
Hmm......wonder if that's a good thing or bad??
djdannyd 6:10 AM - 1 December, 2011
how is 50% off the price a bad thing?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:12 AM - 1 December, 2011
How long has it been since an update came out?? Yeah forever.........and people still are going back to older versions cause its buggy........which isn't a good. Besides everybody knows Mix Emergency is better.......
Rebelguy 6:33 AM - 1 December, 2011
Maybe they are dropping it and launching a new video plug-in at NAMM.
Solidsnake 8:02 AM - 1 December, 2011
Quote:

Possible one compatible with both ITCH + SSL?

Since we are in the realm of maybe's right now....
Solidsnake 8:02 AM - 1 December, 2011
Quote:

Possible one compatible with both ITCH + SSL?

Since we are in the realm of maybe's right now....
vinylmanipulator 9:20 AM - 1 December, 2011
hmmm......what does it mean?.......WHAT DOES IT MEEEEAAAANNNNN???????.....lol
djaction 3:49 PM - 1 December, 2011
You couldn't PAY me to use VideoSL. Inferior product in every way.
DJ'Que 6:48 PM - 1 December, 2011
@ djaction can you get amanda to do me a drop
JD 7:07 PM - 1 December, 2011
Quote:
hmmm......what does it mean?.......WHAT DOES IT MEEEEAAAANNNNN???????.....lol

Probably just means someone at the office said "Hey - Native Instruments is selling all of their stuff for 50% off this month and they are getting great coverage .. perhaps we should too"
djdannyd 7:14 PM - 1 December, 2011
or Serato saw that there was not enough sales of VSL and in order to generate some cash flow, reduced the price by 50%, to get people to buy it and put that $$$ to work on a future free VSL upgrade.

I'm sure this has nothing to do what N.I. is doing or not doing, since N.I. does not offer a similar product to VSL.
SiRocket 8:43 PM - 1 December, 2011
@djaction can you also get me a drop from amanda. Thanks in advance
Swizzle 9:02 PM - 1 December, 2011
Probably trying to keep up with the competition $179 ME which many of you seem to rave about on this site.
DJ Tecniq 10:26 PM - 1 December, 2011
This is just saying they no longer have the capabilities to make VSL work..Finally we get an answer
serkan 10:30 PM - 1 December, 2011
$99 for VSL is really cool but is there any official word if that plug-in will work with ITCH?
I know there isn't any video on ITCH yet but I would like to know if it will get it's own plug-in or if we will be able to use the one already exists.
Quote:

This is just saying they no longer have the capabilities to make VSL work..Finally we get an answer

What makes you think that?
You say this is the sale and it will be discontinued soon?
That would suck real bad since I'm concidering getting VSL any second.
DJ Tecniq 10:34 PM - 1 December, 2011
I use VSL. I don't have mix emergency yet. It works for me. I don't go overboard with the transition fx I use one before I start my set and usually stick with it. However it is rumored that a video plugin will be available for ITCH. They wouldn't just create itch software to only support audio. I believe it is def in the works its more profit for them.
Rebelguy 11:25 PM - 1 December, 2011
Quote:
However it is rumored that a video plugin will be available for ITCH. They wouldn't just create itch software to only support audio.

I don't think it is a rumor. This was already stated in the past and mentioned in the Pioneer video for the DDJ-S1.
djdannyd 11:27 PM - 1 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
However it is rumored that a video plugin will be available for ITCH. They wouldn't just create itch software to only support audio.

I don't think it is a rumor. This was already stated in the past and mentioned in the Pioneer video for the DDJ-S1.

link?
Rebelguy 11:28 PM - 1 December, 2011
VSL in its current version is nowhere close to Mix Emergency. Even if you put aside the Transitions and effects you still get better quality video output, a less cpu intensive program and the ability to record. That is more then worth the price.

Maybe Serato should buy Mix Emergency.
djdannyd 11:29 PM - 1 December, 2011
Quote:

and hence the 50% off sale.
Rebelguy 11:32 PM - 1 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

link?

No link. Pioneer pulled that video from their youtube channel. It was stated in there though and has been mentioned on the boards before.
Rebelguy 11:34 PM - 1 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

and hence the 50% off sale.

Which would coincide with what I stated above.

Quote:

Ah well. I will be there on Jan. 19th. It should all be apparent then.
Serato
Brigid 3:52 AM - 4 December, 2011
Quote:

This is definitely not the case. Honestly guys, where do you come up with this stuff?

We're still developing on Video and plan to continue to do so in the future. Sorry that we can't reveal more about our plans, you guys know what we're like with development ;-)
Rebelguy 4:19 AM - 4 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

This is definitely not the case. Honestly guys, where do you come up with this stuff?

We're still developing on Video and plan to continue to do so in the future. Sorry that we can't reveal more about our plans, you guys know what we're like with development ;-)

Thanks for the update.
Rebelguy 4:33 AM - 4 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Brigid...

Can you comment on the status of video for Itch?
djdannyd 4:44 AM - 4 December, 2011
Quote:
Brigid...

Quote:
Sorry that we can't reveal more about our plans, you guys know what we're like with development ;-)
Serato
Brigid 5:24 AM - 4 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Brigid...

Quote:
Sorry that we can't reveal more about our plans, you guys know what we're like with development ;-)

+1
djdannyd 5:35 AM - 4 December, 2011
You'd be better off asking Brigid if we're going to be blown away at NAMM 2012 from any Serato/Rane announcements.
the_black_one 5:46 AM - 4 December, 2011
brigid...... i want a VSL update because of the obvious issues that the curren version contains. Thanx
RaySwift 6:02 AM - 4 December, 2011
I never really got into VSL. Arent you limited since only certain songs have music videos?
Serato
Brigid 9:17 PM - 4 December, 2011
Quote:
Brigid...

Actually, I'll throw you a bone here. An announcement about this is coming soon. What I can say is that the next video release will be a free upgrade for existing Video customers.
DJ Quartz 9:35 PM - 4 December, 2011
^ Cool!
djdannyd 1:21 AM - 5 December, 2011
Brigid,

You got my $99! As many people were speculating if the 50% off was due to VSL being discontinued, or perhaps a paid 2.0v upgrade.

I will be at NAMM next month and I can hardly wait.
DJ Tecniq 2:51 AM - 5 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Brigid...

Actually, I'll throw you a bone here. An announcement about this is coming soon. What I can say is that the next video release will be a free upgrade for existing Video customers.
omg that's unbelievable news. Glad i didn't get mix emergency. VSL works just fine for me however can't wait for this update.
Solidsnake 9:09 AM - 5 December, 2011
Mmmm, the upgrade I'll enjoy either way, but hopefully part of the upgrade is the VSL plug-in working in both SSL and ITCH
serkan 9:38 PM - 5 December, 2011
Quote:

Brigid, I love you :)
This great news. You made my day/week/month/etc!
I'm off to purchase V-SL!
DJ Quartz 6:42 AM - 6 December, 2011
This is also good because from the local vendor up in Canada, VSL cost me $250 in January this year.
DJ Quartz 6:44 AM - 6 December, 2011
Quote:
I never really got into VSL. Arent you limited since only certain songs have music videos?

You don't only have to do music videos with VSL.
DJ Tecniq 12:12 PM - 6 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

You don't only have to do music videos with VSL.
+1 and you don't even have to have the video-sl pugin open to even be playing a video. video's can play just like mp3's without the video even showing. I think it's incredible.
BigDookie 6:29 PM - 6 December, 2011
Erm... while you guys are jumping up and down with excitement, I thought I should add... havn't we heard this song before?
BigDookie 6:30 PM - 6 December, 2011
in regards to "an announcement coming soon." so, we get the "announcement" then how long until we get the vaporware?
Solidsnake 10:10 PM - 6 December, 2011
Keep in mind WINTER NAMM is around the corner...