djcerla 4:28 PM - 22 November, 2011
Go and get it folks serato.com
djcerla 4:33 PM - 22 November, 2011
highlights:

fixed random crashes on sampler bank switch
Simple Sync
SP-6 on-controller control
irieproductions 4:41 PM - 22 November, 2011
i appreciate letting us use the cue points to trigger samples but i really REALLY hope that this is not the definitive answer from serato. I hope they let us use external control for those sample banks or please come up with dedicated controls on your next wave of controllers.
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 4:51 PM - 22 November, 2011
:-O - SWEET!!!!!! going to test out thank you!
selkie 4:53 PM - 22 November, 2011
simple sync is optional?
djcerla 4:55 PM - 22 November, 2011
Quote:
simple sync is optional?

yes.

only available on 2 decks controllers though (obviously, given that 4 decks sync can't be "simple")
selkie 5:16 PM - 22 November, 2011
Great, cause I love the 2.0 sync. its so usefull and works for me 99% of the night.
DJ Baby Raj 5:17 PM - 22 November, 2011
Nice gotta check this out.
djcerla 5:18 PM - 22 November, 2011
Quote:
Great, cause I love the 2.0 sync. its so usefull and works for me 99% of the night.

cool... and they improved on Smart Sync further in 2.1
blackavenger 6:00 PM - 22 November, 2011
Quote:
i appreciate letting us use the cue points to trigger samples but i really REALLY hope that this is not the definitive answer from serato. I hope they let us use external control for those sample banks or please come up with dedicated controls on your next wave of controllers.

This worries me as well!! Y'all can't lock down such a complicated plugin....the hardware in it's current state can't accommodate the AWESOME POWER & FLEXIBILITY of the SP-6!!!! Please open this shit up to 3rd party MIDI Controllers!!!!!!!!!!!
selkie 6:04 PM - 22 November, 2011
Midi is anounced... should have to wait a couple months more :(
djcerla 6:11 PM - 22 November, 2011
Quote:
Midi is anounced... should have to wait a couple months more :(

+1

hardware SP-6 control was also a popular request.
djcerla 6:12 PM - 22 November, 2011
Now, Serato, gimme SHIFT+SHIFT combo to enable-disable SP-6 hardware control and I'm happy ;)
breakermixer 6:13 PM - 22 November, 2011
Quote:
Now, Serato, gimme SHIFT+SHIFT combo to enable-disable SP-6 hardware control and I'm happy ;)

Yeah!!!
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 6:19 PM - 22 November, 2011
Quote:

+1 ...I agree (no hands on the laptop) that would make it fully 1 to 1 for the sp6 and NS7.

also... i was thinking maybe map the bass - terb - high, L/R to the respective sample vol
DJ Baby Raj 6:39 PM - 22 November, 2011
Lol at first I didn't like the smart sync and begged for simple sync back, now after using the smart sync I don't want to change it to simple lol... Only thing I can see good about simple is when you load a track with a totally different bpm (Hiphop) it stays that way instead of jumping up to a bpm (dance music) for a quick mix.
djcerla 6:50 PM - 22 November, 2011
Yup... quick mixes without beatgrids is what Simple Sync is for
selkie 7:00 PM - 22 November, 2011
Quote:
Lol at first I didn't like the smart sync and begged for simple sync back, now after using the smart sync I don't want to change it to simple lol... Only thing I can see good about simple is when you load a track with a totally different bpm (Hiphop) it stays that way instead of jumping up to a bpm (dance music) for a quick mix.

yeah man, smart sync is so... simple, you just load songs, you only have to remember to de activate it when you are jumping to a new bpm range, but as that doesn't happen as often as mixing the same or similar bpm, is not a problem at all... (And if the sync is now engaged with hotcues, much easier to remember as you hear that the bpm is wrong when cueing)

But they messed with my beautiful smart sync in the beta :( serato.com
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:25 PM - 22 November, 2011
i know Numark have an SP-6 controller in the works for ITCH and SCRATCHLIVE. Not sure on how much control it will give you.
DJ Baby Raj 8:13 PM - 22 November, 2011
Is it worth it to re-anaylize all your files for every beta or just wait for the final release and the tags for now would be ok?
jmims 8:19 PM - 22 November, 2011
Putting Itch 2.1 through its paces now for the next 5 hours live on my Internet radio station. Lets see if all goes well. Will report back afterwards. If anyone wants to check it out also message me and I'll give the site.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:46 PM - 22 November, 2011
Quote:
i know Numark have an SP-6 controller in the works for ITCH and SCRATCHLIVE. Not sure on how much control it will give you.

here a link to a pic of the prototype www.skratchworx.com
blackavenger 8:51 PM - 22 November, 2011
Quote:

Yeah, I second this.
blackavenger 8:56 PM - 22 November, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

here a link to a pic of the prototype www.skratchworx.com

If they actually try to pull off that re-branded bullshit, I will laugh!
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:14 PM - 22 November, 2011
but if it does what you want how isit it bullshit? just becasue they using parts from another product? This was a prototype The usb plug is being moved. i think it will be very handy. BUT if it aint for you then i guess the search is still on.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 9:29 PM - 22 November, 2011
Quote:

One thing that did change with Smart Sync in 2.1 (that it sounds like you might like) is this :
- If a deck is in Sync mode and it is playing, when you load a new track to that deck it will remain in Sync mode
- However now, if you pause that deck before you load a new track, Sync mode will turn off.
DJ Baby Raj 9:44 PM - 22 November, 2011
Logan, I love that, now i think smart sync is great!
DJ Baby Raj 9:46 PM - 22 November, 2011
So basically the different between the two is smartsync uses beatgrids to sync and simple uses just the bpm... correct?
selkie 9:48 PM - 22 November, 2011
Quote:
- If a deck is in Sync mode and it is playing, when you load a new track to that deck it will remain in Sync mode
- However now, if you pause that deck before you load a new track, Sync mode will turn off.

I'm crying for you to respect the manual on this behaviour, I almost always pause the track at the end for the break sound... and then I load a new song and push the hot cues and play right away, Is an anoyance to have to press the sync button EVERY TIME I load a new song... It defeat all the purpose of sync, of course if you are usig sync to do 5 minutes mix you will have plenty of time to turn sync on again (or you could beatmatch by ear with all that time), but if you are using sync as a way to be faster the constantly pressing of a button is VERY anoying...

Remember in the previous version when you went to hotcue mode, the swipe light will blink and you will have to careful press swipe EVERYTIME you enter to hotcue mode to not mess up... you changed that because is ineficient to push a button every time... now with the auto turn off of smart sync you put a new ineficiency in the workflow of playing songs
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 9:49 PM - 22 November, 2011
Quote:
So basically the different between the two is smartsync uses beatgrids to sync and simple uses just the bpm... correct?

Kind of. Simple Sync uses the BPM and the beat/transients of the track to snap to it.
Also the way you actually sync the tracks differs i.e with Simple Sync you only need to press Synce once on the track you want to Sync, with Smart Sync you put tracks into 'Sync Mode'.
DJ Baby Raj 9:50 PM - 22 November, 2011
I dont mind pressing the sync everytime. Remember thats how it use to be only up to 2.0. Thats what I learned on.
selkie 10:06 PM - 22 November, 2011
Quote:
I dont mind pressing the sync everytime. Remember thats how it use to be only up to 2.0. Thats what I learned on.

well, if you want the old way, they brought is back...

The new way is more efficient, if I want sync turned on for a deck, I turn it on, If i want to turn it off, I turn it off, I don't want ITCH to turn my sync off if I don't tell it to do it...
D-RoC71 12:43 AM - 23 November, 2011
Logan - how do you engage the sample on the cue points? How do you turn them on and off?
controversial 3:11 AM - 23 November, 2011
still no bridge or new fx?
R-A-C 6:40 AM - 23 November, 2011
no hardware SP6 triggers for the Denon? :-(
djcerla 8:29 AM - 23 November, 2011
Quote:
no hardware SP6 triggers for the Denon? :-(

I don't have a Denon at hand but I'm pretty sure there are hardware triggers
damehype 2:46 PM - 23 November, 2011
My only gripe is no toggle option for the Reverse/Bleep on the NS6 yet.
blackavenger 2:54 PM - 23 November, 2011
Quote:

Yeah, I think Bleep should be Default, and Reverse should use Shift.....though, I think this is something that Numark will have to do in a Firmware Update. At least I think so anyway!
djcerla 3:55 PM - 23 November, 2011
+1
R-A-C 5:24 PM - 23 November, 2011
Quote:
I don't have a Denon at hand but I'm pretty sure there are hardware triggers

well the respective icon doesn't show up. it's also not mentioned in the release notes. what makes you pretty sure?
djcerla 5:44 PM - 23 November, 2011
Ask Serato.
m3xic4ndiy3i 5:52 PM - 23 November, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I think Bleep should be Default, and Reverse should use Shift.....though, I think this is something that Numark will have to do in a Firmware Update. At least I think so anyway!

+1
R-A-C 7:19 PM - 23 November, 2011
Quote:
Ask Serato.

that was my original intention by posting it
controversial 8:47 PM - 23 November, 2011
wow 5 hours jamming at home on mbpro and NS&FX stable as f*ck, loving it so far!!! now bring on the scratch live fx, video and everything else :-)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 9:35 PM - 23 November, 2011
Quote:
Logan - how do you engage the sample on the cue points? How do you turn them on and off?

There is a button in the SP6 tab, on the far right next to the drop down menu. Turning this on enables 'SP6 Hardware Trigger Mode'. When in this mode, holding down Shift and pressing the Cue Points on your controller will trigger the sample slots. There is slight variation between controllers as to exactly what buttons do what. You can read more about it here : serato.com

With regards to the DNHC5000, the SP6 Hardware Trigger Mode does not work with it in 2.1. However it's quite possible that it could be added in a future version.
Dj Lothario 12:15 AM - 24 November, 2011
am i the only one having an issue with the beta with a vci-300, my right upfader still sounds on my speaker when its all the way down. if i lower the volume of the left upfader the volume gets higher on the right one. i am going to install the 2.01 again see if it's my vci-300acting up. but i am sure i didnt have this problem before installnig the beta
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 12:25 AM - 24 November, 2011
Hey Dj Lothario,

Sounds like there might be a fault with your hardware, I suggest getting into contact with Vestax support : serato.com

If you think this issue is 2.1 specific please start a thread in the beta area.
Dj Lothario 12:33 AM - 24 November, 2011
yeah i see its the hardware thanks. same thing when i reverted.
R-A-C 1:24 AM - 24 November, 2011
Quote:
With regards to the DNHC5000, the SP6 Hardware Trigger Mode does not work with it in 2.1. However it's possible that it could be added in a future version.

thanks for the info. no biggie for me since i don't use the sampler much. wouldn't mind having these triggers in the future tho
breakermixer 1:29 AM - 24 November, 2011
Quote:
am i the only one having an issue with the beta with a vci-300, my right upfader still sounds on my speaker when its all the way down. if i lower the volume of the left upfader the volume gets higher on the right one. i am going to install the 2.01 again see if it's my vci-300acting up. but i am sure i didnt have this problem before installnig the beta

Maybe making a deep cleaning can help.
Dj Lothario 1:49 AM - 24 November, 2011
yeah i see its the hardware thanks. same thing when i reverted.
Dj Cooly C 2:21 AM - 24 November, 2011
great can't wait to test run!
Djpr1 4:59 AM - 24 November, 2011
hmmmm.... no fx changes?
no 2 deck mode skin select for ns6?
breakermixer 6:05 AM - 24 November, 2011
Quote:
hmmmm.... no fx changes?

No, but now we can control the SP6 without the keyboard or without buying more hardware.
Serato had no obligation to do it but they have given us this great feature.
So... +1000 for the Serato guys!!!
djbagz 1:08 PM - 24 November, 2011
i still dont knw how to use the sp6 im still using soundplant lmfao

can anyone point me in the right direction
Djpr1 1:38 PM - 24 November, 2011
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
hmmmm.... no fx changes?

No, but now we can control the SP6 without the keyboard or without buying more hardware.
Serato had no obligation to do it but they have given us this great feature.
So... +1000 for the Serato guys!!!

I rather have better effects (which is more important) than having to trigger the sp6 from my controller, it works fine just the way it is. Trigger from keyboard how inconvenient can that be for some...not really worth updating.

djcerla 1:51 PM - 24 November, 2011
Definitely worth updating, just for the bugfixes.
phatbob 2:01 PM - 24 November, 2011
The echo fx does seem to be a bit louder. Still not enough, but better than 2.01.
Djpr1 3:51 PM - 24 November, 2011
To be honest Cerla 2.0.1 has been nothing but Rock Solid for me. I feel that there are more important things to fix than the above mentioned. Sync feature I don't use but I know this was important for some users and it make sense to have that choice. I can't benefit from it cause I have the Ns6...:(

Serato please Efx... Efx... Efx
djcerla 4:04 PM - 24 November, 2011
2.0.1 had a bug that could cause a crash on sampler banks switch, for example.
Djpr1 4:10 PM - 24 November, 2011
Hmmm never happened to me and I use it a lot.
djcerla 4:47 PM - 24 November, 2011
Quote:

sure, but many were reporting it (esp. on Macs)

2.1 works like a champ so far BTW... back to business.
breakermixer 5:41 PM - 24 November, 2011
Quote:
I rather have better effects (which is more important) than having to trigger the sp6 from my controller, it works fine just the way it is.

I respect your opinion but each one has their own preferences.
Quote:
Trigger from keyboard how inconvenient can that be for some...not really worth updating.

Can you imagine using the effects all the night only with the keyboard? Horrible!!!
Theoretically Itch is designed to be used without the keyboard or mouse so I see this as a breakthrough. The hard and intensive use of the keyboard can break the keys. The cue buttons are more prepared to be hitting again and again and looks more professional using the controller and not the keyboard.
Quote:

This is a known bug. You can read it in the general bug fixes. Glad to hear that it not happened to you.
Djpr1 9:51 PM - 24 November, 2011
You obviously love This controller triggering, I'm really happy for you breakmixer...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 9:54 PM - 24 November, 2011
Quote:
2.0.1 had a bug that could cause a crash on sampler banks switch, for example.

I was super-keen to get that fixed so would be great if anyone can confirm it has fixed it for them..
djbagz 1:37 AM - 25 November, 2011
how do you delete cue points when the sp6 is on ?
I disabled it then tried to delete old cue points but nothing happens...
selkie 1:48 AM - 25 November, 2011
Quote:
how do you delete cue points when the sp6 is on ?
I disabled it then tried to delete old cue points but nothing happens...

You can't delete them when in sample mode, you have to turn the mode off and then you should be able, if not is a bug...
diezdiaz 3:30 AM - 25 November, 2011
i really dig how the shift/delete button works when sample mode is engaged. ive got like 90 percent of my tracks with beat grids locked and cue points set so hats off for a clever way of implementing sp6 triggering without having to buy more shit.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 4:04 AM - 25 November, 2011
Yeah I like it too :)
DjCity 3:46 PM - 25 November, 2011
Where is the download for the beta?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 10:06 PM - 25 November, 2011
Quote:
Where is the download for the beta?

serato.com

In the 'ITCH 2.1 Builds and Release Notes' sticky thread towards the top.
bluefoot 5:33 PM - 27 November, 2011
hmm, in danger of sounding like a broken record: is there any fix on the issue of tunes "slipping" when switching layers but when not using sync/skip/or beatgrids?

i'm solid on 2.0.1 but havent really investigated the sp6 yet due to the lack of hardware buttons. I would happily give this beta a go just to get more into the sp6 but there is no point if I cant get the slipping issue fixed.

The ability to have two tunes matched (manually) on 1/2 and to juggle/scratch on the 3/4 layers without thinking my beatmatch on layer 1/2 will slip just because I switch layer is essential to me.
selkie 6:23 PM - 27 November, 2011
I hink thats fixed now.. download. try. xome back with bugs reports.

thats the way to help to improve itch
Djpr1 7:23 PM - 27 November, 2011
Here's another issue that me and other users reported a while back and hopefully is fixed on the next build.

• Low recording output
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 8:57 PM - 27 November, 2011
Quote:
hmm, in danger of sounding like a broken record: is there any fix on the issue of tunes "slipping" when switching layers but when not using sync/skip/or beatgrids?

For the NS6? Yes you'll be happy to know this is fixed in 2.1.
bluefoot 9:42 AM - 28 November, 2011
re: slippage when switching layers:

Will test, will report back.
bluefoot 6:33 PM - 28 November, 2011
hey all, just read the T and C for joining the Beta.

Does the current version of Itch remain available and reliable for gigs while we check out the beta?

Quick answer would mean I'm on it this evening, thanks guys.
(posted 18.31 UK)
DjCity 6:37 PM - 28 November, 2011
Yes. You can still use your current version while testing Beta.
bluefoot 6:38 PM - 28 November, 2011
@thanx mate :)
Hon. DjSlick 6:39 PM - 28 November, 2011
Hey Serato,

It would be great if Itch can show information such as the BPM of songs when browsing though your files using the software. I normally use the "Files" button (located just below the decks on the right side where FILES - BROWSE - PREPARE - HISTORY buttons are located) to search through my folder structure on my drive. Would really help when doing quick searching through folders to find songs with similar BPM count for quick mixing and juggling.

Regards
phatbob 6:45 PM - 28 November, 2011
The files window is not your library.

Build your library correctly and all the required info will be laid bare before you.

If you want to mirror your folder structure you can do so with crates and subcrates.
Hon. DjSlick 6:55 PM - 28 November, 2011
Who says my library is not built correctly?? Better yet, who is to determine whether or not a library is built correctly?? I personally think that that is a personal preference and not a situation of right or wrong.

I never once mentioned that the files window is my library. I clearly stated that i use it to browse my folder structure.
phatbob 6:57 PM - 28 November, 2011
And that is not what the Files tab is for.
Hon. DjSlick 7:00 PM - 28 November, 2011
Again....what it is used for is a personal preference issue. It's like you saying hip hop should only be played on Deck A and techno on Deck B. What sense does it make to have to sit down and mirror your folders with crates???

That would be fine if you there's only 40 or so folders but not when I carry around 500gbs of music.
phatbob 7:01 PM - 28 November, 2011
When you use the Files tab you are browsing just that, files. You are not browsing a part of your library.

If you want information about your files you should incorporate that structure into your library and browse it there.

You want to work in that way it's up to you, but I'm suggesting that Serato already offer MANY ways of achieving what you want, so to add more detail to the Files tab would be wholly superfluous.
Hon. DjSlick 7:08 PM - 28 November, 2011
I'm sure when you use the Files button to browse files you don't see any other files than music files right??? So technically it's not just a files browser but a music files browser.

How does your statement corrects what i'm asking??? I'm just asking for a feature to see BPM info when browsing the said music files on the fly. And dude, your opinion is your opinion and i respect that but why are you stumping on mine???
phatbob 7:24 PM - 28 November, 2011
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Afraid I don't agree that usage of the files window as a library browser is a matter of opinion.

What you want to do is EASILY acheived with the tools available to you. Just trying to be clear about that.

Sorry if that comes across rude.
Hon. DjSlick 7:30 PM - 28 November, 2011
I understand but i'm not using it as a library browser per se. What it is used for is not the question at hand. In my opinion if it's displaying only music file then i think it should atleast display one of the most important attribute of a music file to a dj and that's the BPM.
Hon. DjSlick 7:36 PM - 28 November, 2011
a good example of what i'm saying is displayed in virtual dj. Once you browse folders using any feature of virtual dj (whether it's by search or going through folder structure on the left hand side) and the folder contains music, it displays information such as ALBUM, ARTISTE, BPM, etc. Not just the file name of the songs
phatbob 7:40 PM - 28 November, 2011
Hahaha, I was just totally thinking to myself, what is this guy, a VDJ user?

Put in the time to mirror your folders in Serato, I PROMISE it will pay dividends for you instead of that half-assed VDJ nonsense way of working.
Hon. DjSlick 7:45 PM - 28 November, 2011
Your an asshole you know that??? Why did i know that you were going to come with a statement such as that?? I DONT USE VDJ AT ALL. I happened to mentioned that to my nephew and he showed me the feature in VDJ.

I've noticed you seem to believe that you know everything about Serato's products or even more so as if you're employed by them. Everytime someone mentions an issue they are having you are quick to criticise and get on everybody's case. What's the real scene with you jed???
Hon. DjSlick 7:47 PM - 28 November, 2011
I will comment no more on this topic until a REAL Serato employee has something to say....
phatbob 7:58 PM - 28 November, 2011
I've been using Scratch Live in a professional capacity for about 6 years. I do believe I know the software very well. As well as my user experience with SL, I've also taken the time to try the majority of competing products. And for some years I worked at one of the leading DJ equipment retailers in the UK.

So yes, I do believe I have a right to comment.

As far as me acting as if I'm employed by Serato feel free to browse my previous posts and you'll see I'm very quick to criticise if I'm not happy with their products. I even regularly advise people to use a competitor's Video plug-in over Serato's.

I get heated about requests like yours sometimes because I'm sick of people wanting Serato products to work like VirtualDJ, which from my USAGE EXPERIENCE is simply garbage.

You don't buy a Mustang and then complain Ford didn't give it a bigger trunk like a Focus.
Hon. DjSlick 8:15 PM - 28 November, 2011
again....typical ASSHOLE...please note who my original post was addressed to, SERATO. not a PHATBOB....again, if serato has nothing to mention about this topic i'm out...

Oooooo, i've been using SL from the get go of the original SL box and then i moved to SL2 n den SL3. As of recently i have moved to V7 controllers. So if you believe you have more user experience with their products as i do THINK AGAIN.....
phatbob 8:21 PM - 28 November, 2011
I'm not gonna argue with you any further, we're both just coming across as twats here. I apologise if I have offended you. We should just agree to disagree like adults.
bluefoot 8:46 PM - 28 November, 2011
ok....

So reporting in on the NS6 issue of songs slipping when switching layers as promised:

It took a little longer to backup, download and install the Beta 2.1 (see serato.com for more details) than I expected so I only had about half an hour to jam. I was very heavy handed switching between beatmatching, scratching and juggling on both platters and layers. I think I pretty much rinsed all permutations of usage. So far no sign of that horrible slipping that several NS6 users were getting. The only mistakes were mine :)

Will update after have had a longer soak test but where I come from we have a saying:
"no news is good news" which means if I dont re-post it's coz nothing is wrong.

Thanx serato guys, 'kin legends. I will post this in all the threads I've been whingeing in to spread the word too.
boogieroom 9:29 PM - 28 November, 2011
So hype right now... Thanks Serato
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 10:31 PM - 28 November, 2011
That's awesome bluefoot! Thanks for the feedback I'm glad that issue seems to be squashed with this release :D

Hon.DjSlick,

There are no current plans for what you have suggested - though we do get the odd request for enhanced 'File' browsing like this. Because ITCH has to read all the different tags of a file (BPM etc) it might make using the Files tab quite slow. But we do realize there are users who prefer using the Files panel to importing everything into their library (the guy I dj with does), so in the future It is quite likely there will be new/improved ways of browsing the Files panel :)
blackavenger 3:50 AM - 29 November, 2011
Quote:
Oooooo, i've been using SL from the get go of the original SL box and then i moved to SL2 n den SL3. As of recently i have moved to V7 controllers. So if you believe you have more user experience with their products as i do THINK AGAIN.....

You mean...SL1, to SL3, to SL2, right?

'Cause if you've been using ScratchLIVE since the "get go", you would realize that the SL2 just recently came out as an upgrade to the SL1's USB 1.1 handycap.......Just sayin'.

; )
mixxinmel 2:17 AM - 30 November, 2011
How come i dont have any effects when i downloaded the 2.1 version, im using the Numark V7 controlers???? in the slot it is empty??? should i download it again and see if it puts effects in??? I like the SP sampler and the way you can trigger them from the cue point buttons. and even switch to the banks but, shoot i dont have no effects????
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 2:24 AM - 30 November, 2011
That's strange, I would download and re-install it again. Let me know if that fixes it.
Trumbot 1:56 AM - 1 December, 2011
Have they finally implemented a mode to view 2 decks only when using Itch on the NS6? This should have been available on release and is a very important feature.
Manny C dot com 11:11 PM - 1 December, 2011
Hey Logan (and/or Serato):

I haven't checked out the beta yet, but can we get a "sort cues chronologically" feature in there just like ScratchLive? The lack of this feature is throwing me off when I switch back and forth between Itch and Scratch Live. Shouldn't the transition between the two programs be as seamless as possible anyway?
m3xic4ndiy3i 8:55 AM - 3 December, 2011
NS6 is special!, because is 4 decks!....why do u want to cut functionality??....keep trying (mixing on 4)..u can do!!
phatbob 9:28 AM - 3 December, 2011
I asked that question of someone the other day, and he explained that he uses 2 channels for other sources, and 2 for Itch.
m3xic4ndiy3i 9:33 AM - 3 December, 2011
Quote:
I asked that question of someone the other day, and he explained that he uses 2 channels for other sources, and 2 for Itch.

u beat me : )
m3xic4ndiy3i 9:40 AM - 3 December, 2011
but ..one of m chanels is mic,,, 20% :)
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:34 PM - 3 December, 2011
Sl-3 is three decks but you still have a two deck view and same for sl-4 i kniw that is ssl but i think they should do that for the ns6 makes sence tome.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 10:07 PM - 4 December, 2011
We definitely want to do this, there's no question there. It's just a little more complicated than it sounds to actually do it. We are looking into this though :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 10:08 PM - 4 December, 2011
Quote:
I haven't checked out the beta yet, but can we get a "sort cues chronologically" feature in there just like ScratchLive? The lack of this feature is throwing me off when I switch back and forth between Itch and Scratch Live. Shouldn't the transition between the two programs be as seamless as possible anyway?

That would be a handy option. It's quite possible this will be added in the future.
bluefoot 8:22 AM - 5 December, 2011
Did a 7 hour gig on sat night using the (33) build. NO DROPOUTS, NO ISSUES.
Was using all four layers on the NS6, Some scratching, some effects, some manual looping, some juggling, lots of beatmatching.
NO beatgrids, NO autoloops, NO sync at all.
Recorded an hour of it, which I also exported and played back a few hours later for a ciggie break.

Also did a crash test (once the punters had gone) by pulling the usb out of the MAC. I had an IPOD feeding audio into a spare line in on the NS6 Channel 4. Just switched from "PC" to "Line in" on that channel and music continued while I re-attached USB and rebooted MAC, then could blend from IPOD back to ITCH outputs without a problem.

Will update to build (35) this week.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 11:09 PM - 5 December, 2011
That's awesome to hear, thanks for the feedback bluefoot.

I could be out of a job soon if it's working this good for everyone! ;)
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 12:43 AM - 6 December, 2011
ITCH 2.0 and 2.1 has been GR8 1 -3 hours online sets and in the clubs 6 = hours - I get an occasional drop out but, its usually from me forgetting to tunoff airport on my MBP - thumbs all the WAY UP - Ide like that bridge tho' lol
blackavenger 2:04 AM - 6 December, 2011
Quote:

I think you're safe. There is plenty more to do before ITCH is where we want it to be ; )
controversial 2:19 AM - 6 December, 2011
Quote:
I think you're safe. There is plenty more to do before ITCH is where we want it to be ; )

I agree!
Ragman 3:42 AM - 6 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

No, he'll never be out of a job because Itch will never be where EVERYBODY wants it to be. lol
pdidy 4:39 PM - 6 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, he'll never be out of a job because Itch will never be where EVERYBODY wants it to be. lol

Itch is at the point where it does everything I need it to do but there will always be users who want more an more an...........
BadBoyChubs 4:58 PM - 6 December, 2011
Quote:
it does everything I need it to do but there will always be users who want more an more an...........

+1 agreed
bluefoot 1:33 PM - 9 December, 2011
Excuse me for posting this here: i couldnt think of anywhere better...

Is there any chance we could organise the Beta Forum a little?

i.e. seperate forum for PC/MAC users and sub forums for those that use SYNC in any manner and those that dont?

Just asking :)
blackavenger 2:05 PM - 9 December, 2011
Quote:

i.e. seperate forum for PC/MAC users and sub forums for those that use SYNC in any manner and those that dont?

Good ideas, but would be nearly impossible to enforce.
bluefoot 9:59 AM - 11 December, 2011
^fair 'nuff.

Did another 7 hour gig last night, this time on build (38) Beta. There is nowhere on the beta forum to post successes (only fails) but I feel it worthy to let you (and especially the serato devs) know how it goes when it goes ok.

FYI: I do not use beatgrids, auto loops or sync of any kind. I also did not have the SP6 on.

I do do manual beatmatching, manual loops, basic scratches, simple juggles and use effects.

Last night I also
-Switched between continuous play and single play mode while I was on a fag break.
-Recorded, saved and then exported my recording to USB stick for the drive home, all while still finishing off my DJ set on itch with a few chill end of night tunes.

No issues found :)

The NS6 is the ideal lightweight, four deck, mobile/bar DJ solution for me.
blackavenger 4:37 PM - 11 December, 2011
Quote:
FYI: I do not use beatgrids, auto loops or sync of any kind. I also did not have the SP6 on.

I do do manual beatmatching, manual loops, basic scratches, simple juggles and use effects.

No offense, but you barely use the software......of course it's going to run GREAT! The purpose of the Public Beta is to put the software/hardware through it's paces, to see where the weaknesses lie before final release! That is usually achieved by using as many different feature combinations as possible......really pushing the feature set to it's limits!

I'm glad it's working out for you though. Personally, I have been pushing it beyond belief w' both my MacbookPro & Desktop PC....Multiple Deck Mixing (NS6), Recording, Using Effects (single & stacked), Manual & Auto Loops, Having Bluetooth/Aiport On, Running SP-6 (with & without Sync Lock), Manual & Sync'd Beat Matching.....using these features singularly, and all at the same time......without any issues thus far! I am VERY pleased w' Beta 2.1 (38).
bluefoot 4:53 PM - 11 December, 2011
No offense taken. Just glad to hear of anyone else who is getting positive results from what is a versatile unit :)
PeytonWest 1:29 PM - 12 December, 2011
How about fixing the effects... Especially echo... I use the DDJ-S1 and its HORRIBLE.... (The effect). I look forward to trying out the beta..
Serato
Zeb 4:51 AM - 13 December, 2011
Quote:

A great deal of bugs usually effect users on Mac & Windows the same, separating these platforms would slow us down. Making any other distinctions would probably do the same.
bluefoot 2:49 PM - 13 December, 2011
o, never realised bugs would be cross platform.

no prob then. Thanx for the answer.
Serato
Zeb 4:30 AM - 14 December, 2011
Quote:
o, never realised bugs would be cross platform.

no prob then. Thanx for the answer.

No problem.
JoshYuwa 7:43 AM - 21 December, 2011
Can you please add MORE fx?! It would be awesome to be able to utilize more than 2 fx at once also!

PLEASE ANSWER!!
hamplifier 10:11 PM - 21 December, 2011
lol just had to deliver some flowers to serato , asked when 2.1 would be released and got the "cant tell you that but its very soon ", thought would be cheeky and ask and didnt think i would get a proper answer haha
dj_soo 12:02 AM - 22 December, 2011
did they fix the Prepare undo crash?
Fuidawg 2:52 AM - 22 December, 2011
just tested (40) for a few minutes, songs that I see have a bpm all of a sudden didn't show up, but had to TAP them to get a bpm, wtf? also when playing a song on deck A (V7) when i hit the sync button on deck B the song on A sound chimpmunky (my terminology) lol,

why? and it wasn't one song that lost a bpm when loaded to the deck,
DJ.Tyme 2:56 AM - 22 December, 2011
to any NS6 user's has the new itch version 2.1 fixed this = when using the NS6, could you hide decks 3 and 4 if your not going to use them at all ? i currently DJ with the NS7 and im trying to lighten my load. since i only do mobile DJing. but i dont want to rush out & buy the NS6 if im gonna be stuck in the same boat as current NS6 users.
Ragman 4:54 AM - 22 December, 2011
Quote:
just tested (40) for a few minutes, songs that I see have a bpm all of a sudden didn't show up, but had to TAP them to get a bpm, wtf? also when playing a song on deck A (V7) when i hit the sync button on deck B the song on A sound chimpmunky (my terminology) lol,

Well since it's beta software you're gonna find problems.
Have you entered a bug report? If not the link is below:

serato.com
blackavenger 3:07 PM - 22 December, 2011
Quote:
when using the NS6, could you hide decks 3 and 4 if your not going to use them at all ?

not yet......
DJ.Tyme 6:57 PM - 22 December, 2011
Thank you
Fuidawg 11:37 PM - 22 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Well since it's beta software you're gonna find problems.
Have you entered a bug report? If not the link is below:

serato.com

just did, forgot about the bug reports link, thanks ;-)
danimix 2:44 AM - 24 December, 2011
No problem with 2.1, I only wish the next update will include the option to choose 4 or 2 deck operation
DJ.Tyme 3:16 AM - 24 December, 2011
Quote:
No problem with 2.1, I only wish the next update will include the option to choose 4 or 2 deck operation

+10,000
Wizz 1:38 AM - 9 January, 2012
So Far the 2.1 is better than 2.0 hands down. No problems with the Twitch nor the NS6. When I get some more free time. I will run both of them together again, like in my video to see what happen. Midi mapping using Bome midi translator is working great as well. I will try to find an thread on Midi mapping, & show a picture on how I setup Itch to Midi map.
Something to think about Serato, even if the Bridge is far out from being ready for Itch. Why not allow us to Rewire Itch into Live 8. Anyway great job on 2.1
blackavenger 5:05 AM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:
Midi mapping using Bome midi translator is working great as well.

The mere fact that we have to use Bomes on this level of Professional Software is utterly ridiculous........what are you doing, Serato? The rest of the DJ world is laughing at ITCH.....get it together!!

The SP-6 should have NEVER been released to the public without MIDI support!
selkie 12:47 PM - 9 January, 2012
Im not gonna cry for what they gave us for free... I only cry for getting what I paid for (ie. fx that follow the track BPM)

I knew ITCH didn't support midi before purchasing it.
blackavenger 2:16 PM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:
(ie. fx that follow the track BPM)

You won't see me argue against that point, Selkie.

But I'm still gonna' voice my "opinion" on what a joke the SP-6 is without MIDI.
blackavenger 2:20 PM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:
The SP-6 should have NEVER been released to the public without MIDI support!

I thought the whole point of using an ITCH controller was so that you no longer had to touch the laptop? Just think of those that bought into the gimmick of placing their laptop under the DDJ-S1.......how are they supposed to trigger SP-6 samples? So one could argue that they aren't getting functionality that they paid for......the ability to hide their laptops and control ITCH solely from the controller ; )
blackavenger 2:23 PM - 9 January, 2012
Just so everyone gets it...overall, I am VERY PLEASED w' 2.1 .......I'm just venting.
djcerla 3:54 PM - 9 January, 2012
Basically, you're bashing Serato for adding the SP6 (before the midi-mapping system).

Exactly, why? Many are perfectly happy with SP6 as it is, as they don't want to plug in other devices, and this is exactly ITCH project spirit, btw.
blackavenger 5:46 PM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:
Basically, you're bashing Serato for adding the SP6 (before the midi-mapping system).

Exactly, why? Many are perfectly happy with SP6 as it is, as they don't want to plug in other devices, and this is exactly ITCH project spirit, btw.

Because it doesn't make any sense, that's why!! Here is this very advanced & intuitive Sampler player, but wait....you have to use your mouse to change any of the parameters, and use the keyboard to trigger it.....AWESOME, I'm sooooo impressed!!

Cerla, I realize you weren't around when they introduced the SP-6 w' ScratchLIVE, but when they released it, it came MIDI assignable from the start!
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:23 PM - 9 January, 2012
You can trigger the samples from your controller!
blackavenger 6:29 PM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:
You can trigger the samples from your controller!

Haha, I knew someone would call me out on that.........you are right, now you CAN trigger the samples from your controller, but you can't adjust parameters in real time without a mouse/track pad..........and that's still pathetic!
djcerla 6:32 PM - 9 January, 2012
So, you'd prefer no SP-6 at all? I can't understand the reasoning.
blackavenger 7:08 PM - 9 January, 2012
Quote:
So, you'd prefer no SP-6 at all? I can't understand the reasoning.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the SP-6! I was one of those fighting for Tempo-Sync with it from the VERY beginning. I think it's functionality is leagues beyond any of the competition's offerings.......but here's the clincher, when used with ScratchLIVE!

The only thing that makes ITCH's SP-6 superior to ScratchLIVE's is Tempo Sync. All I want is to MIDI Map some of the parameters to a controller other than my NS6......is that such an unreasonable request?

Again, they should have had it MIDI Assignable from the start, or just held off of debuting it until' it was ready. It makes it frustrating otherwise.

Does this explain the reasoning for you?
djcerla 9:09 PM - 9 January, 2012
I think that MIDI mapping will be great AND that having the SP-6 right now is better that not having it altogetger ;)
Paco71 11:01 PM - 9 January, 2012
Perhaps They are waiting for à dedicated itch controler for itch (like the VFX-1 or nsfx wehnelt they came out for th fx).

Like we say in France : Paris didn't grow up in one day, ;)

So be patient...
pdidy 12:28 AM - 10 January, 2012
@ blackavenger ......this reminds me of an argument my girl and I had. She got me a ipad2 for Christmas which is what I wanted an I do appreciate but she didn't get me any accessories like the docking station and wireless keyboard. I'm sure you understand why I'm pissed now cause what's the point of buying it for me if she not getting all the accessories to go with it.
Now she telling to give it back" because I'm acting like an ungrateful bitch." Come on now am I wrong to feel this way.
blackavenger 12:58 AM - 10 January, 2012
Y'all mofos are so funny! Never have I seen a bigger bunch of kool-aid drinkers than in the ITCH forum. It isn't like this over in the ScratchLIVE threads.....at least it didn't used to be. Admittedly, I've been using my NS6 more than my SL3, so I've been frequenting the ITCH forum more than the "DJ Discussion" which is primarily for ScratchLIVE.

Serato must LOVE Y'all..........LOL!
blackavenger 1:00 AM - 10 January, 2012
Cool. Y'all keep being complacent, and I'll keep holding Serato's feet to the fire.

'Cause without peeps like me, this software would NEVER move forward.....pfft!
selkie 1:02 AM - 10 January, 2012
This:

Quote:
I think that MIDI mapping will be great AND that having the SP-6 right now is better that not having it altogetger ;)

blackavenger, I understand what you are trying to say, but the midi mapping is planned... they gave us the sp-6 as is and you can at least use it for drops as it is now... If they follow your advice you wouldn't even know an sp-6 is on the way... I think is better to have something that nothing... and the functionality you want is on the way... so chill ;)
blackavenger 1:23 AM - 10 January, 2012
Quote:
... If they follow your advice you wouldn't even know an sp-6 is on the way... I think is better to have something than nothing...

I think the ONLY reason they dropped the SP-6 "unfinished" with 2.0, is because 2.0 was such a bare release that they needed something "new" to account for the LONG wait that ITCH users had endured. This is what annoys me about the whole situation.

Quote:
the functionality you want is on the way... so chill ;)

I realize it's on the way....if you look up to my post above, you'll see that I said I was just "venting". Y'all are the one's that wouldn't let my comments be....I was just trying to state my case thoroughly.
Maskrider 1:57 PM - 10 January, 2012
Quote:
Cool. Y'all keep being complacent, and I'll keep holding Serato's feet to the fire.

'Cause without peeps like me, this software would NEVER move forward.....pfft!

It will as long as there is NAMM.
bluefoot 2:10 PM - 10 January, 2012
I may be new to this forum, and digital Djing.

But as far as I can tell this software will keep developing and will develop faster by people giving clear bug reports when asked and constructive feedback after having checked if an issue has already been raised.

Not by using up the developers time with repetitive and impatient forum rants/ vents.

oooo, get me, entering the fray ;)
Ragman 3:08 PM - 10 January, 2012
Quote:
I may be new to this forum, and digital Djing.

But as far as I can tell this software will keep developing and will develop faster by people giving clear bug reports when asked and constructive feedback after having checked if an issue has already been raised.

Not by using up the developers time with repetitive and impatient forum rants/ vents.

oooo, get me, entering the fray ;)

Co-signed :-)
Manny C dot com 3:38 PM - 10 January, 2012
This thing has been in "beta" longer than Gmail was.
blackavenger 5:50 PM - 10 January, 2012
Quote:
This thing has been in "beta" longer than Gmail was.

That's fine....better they get it right before releasing it like they did w' 2.0!!!
Ragman 7:10 PM - 10 January, 2012
^Agreed
phatbob 7:45 PM - 10 January, 2012
+100000000000
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:09 AM - 11 January, 2012
Hey guys,

ITCH 2.1 is now officially released : serato.com

:)
Manny C dot com 3:11 AM - 11 January, 2012
Holy crap, I seem to have some serious pull around here!!!
Manny C dot com 3:12 AM - 11 January, 2012
: )
selkie 3:12 AM - 11 January, 2012
any changes from 2.1 beta 40? or is the same version?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:21 AM - 11 January, 2012
Quote:
any changes from 2.1 beta 40? or is the same version?

No I believe it's essentially the same 40 version.
Fuidawg 5:07 AM - 11 January, 2012
Do we need to analyze all music again
pdidy 7:44 AM - 11 January, 2012
Quote:
Do we need to analyze all music again

im testing it now.......no
djbagz 11:00 AM - 11 January, 2012
so 2.1 beta is just the same ?
blackavenger 12:04 PM - 11 January, 2012
^ Beta (40) is the same, yes. ^
Wizz 4:00 PM - 11 January, 2012
Here's the out come of NS6 & Twitch working at the same time in 2.1
They both play well together in 2.1. Syncing is lovely once again in either mode. You are able to record your mix, & effects, but you CAN NOT Record your Mic Input, or Aux In, while the two controllers are plugged in. You can Record your Mic/Aux in while you use the Twitch or NS6 by themselves . Like everybody else, just waiting on the Bridge or at least a Rewire into Ableton Live 8. I really like this update.
Great Job
Serato
Zeb 1:59 AM - 12 January, 2012
Quote:

The final version doesn't have a beta splash screen at startup.
Fuidawg 2:51 AM - 12 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I liked that skull at the beginning man lol ... makes it look mean!
selkie 3:17 AM - 12 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I liked that skull at the beginning man lol ... makes it look mean!

yeah, I will keep it!