DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Scratch LIVE built into mixer

AKIEM 1:50 AM - 10 August, 2005
damn, so I will assume that Im the first one with one of these things [outside of Seattle (we hope)].

It is a Rane TTM56 with the Serato Scratch LIVE hardware usb interface built into it.

that blue light sure is purdy huh?
www.metalfacerecords.net
www.metalfacerecords.net

check the usb cable plugs right in the back
www.metalfacerecords.net
www.metalfacerecords.net

what now?
Serato
Josh 1:54 AM - 10 August, 2005
build that powermate (and another one) into the top of it too!

nice work BTW =)
nik39 1:56 AM - 10 August, 2005
*baffled*

Wow!
AKIEM 2:03 AM - 10 August, 2005
Quote:
build that powermate (and another one) into the top of it too!

nice work BTW =)

I have other plans for that space the powermate is sitting on, if I can pull it off.
sixxx 2:05 AM - 10 August, 2005
Nice job AKIEM!
ACME 2:09 AM - 10 August, 2005
good work!
racher 3:29 AM - 10 August, 2005
Do you have any construction pics? Or pics of the back?
s42000 4:10 AM - 10 August, 2005
It was just a matter of time ..... KUDOS !!!!
mexicannnnnn 4:40 AM - 10 August, 2005
Great job! Get a patent before rane does hahah j/k.

Would be great to see how you crammed it in.
DJ SHY 12:36 PM - 10 August, 2005
wow...nice..I was thinking of doing that with my DN-X300!!...I guess it can be done!!...
BassChamber 1:14 PM - 10 August, 2005
there are really incredible people in this forum... good work! :)
rap_50 1:21 PM - 10 August, 2005
great job bro! keep it up!
DJ Irv 2:53 PM - 10 August, 2005
i looked into doing this with my TTM 54 and it didn't seem very difficult at all. some small rewiring a little bit of drilling and maybe a dpdt switch to switch from Serato Line IN to TTM54 Line IN. The Phono could actually be split be split with Y splitters internal with no real adverse effects. But, I can't void the warrenty on my SSL because I'm too broke. Good work Akeim!
techs 4:45 PM - 10 August, 2005
how about a "howto" with some pics man. thats incredible.
kidjay 7:49 PM - 10 August, 2005
Nice.....
DJ Irv 8:09 PM - 10 August, 2005
if you can get rane/serato to buy me another one I'll will cram mine into a TTM54 with instructions and a disclaimer for those who fry their mixers and Serato's.
AKIEM 11:18 PM - 11 August, 2005
[sorry I posted this in the other thread too]

I dont have any construction pics, my camera battery was lost in my luggage while it was all going down. Actually I dont want to remember it, it was ugly, very ugly. It didnt look like an operation, more like an autopsy at times it just looked like a mutilation scene. "bro, what the fuk are you doing?" was heard allot.

I opened my TTM56 and the SSL box the first day I got them, I like to see whats inside shit. I realised it would fit. Then I tested it by using RCA Y splitters. Thought about it for a couple months, then went ahead and did it. But ONLY because I could afford to go get another if I foked it up. It took three days, because I changed my mind about how to do it twice and was just learning. Now I think I could do it in one day.

Inside it is allot more simple than you might think at first. There are no switches or Ys inside. Its pretty straight up and no more worry about the through or the power supply. The hardest time consuming thing was removing the unneeded components, allot of heating the solder and sucking it up in that damn blue clicking thing. That copper absorber stuff might have worked better I guess.

Switch it to phono and the vinyl plays just like you would expect. Switch it to line and my CDJs play through the line just like you would expect. Operationally there is nothing different about the mixer except the absence of the mic input (effa mic input on a "pro" mixer btw) But now I plug the mac in, set it to line and -bamb-, SSL is playing.

The reason I did it is because for me a drawback to the RSSL system is the extra setup/takedown is annoying to me. Im sure that Rane has one of these in the works, and I didnt want to be left behind, so I jumped in front. Now if there isnt one of these on the horizon from Rane there sure should be. I also did it because I want Rane to pay attention to several ideas that Ive got in the works. I have a couple other things that will present here, unless.......

Right now I dont plan on doing any type of "howto" because I DONT advocate, nore am I encouraging anyone else to do this. Because it obviously voids the warranties, and I dont want to have anything to do with someone wrecking there ish. Especially because I believe there is one from Rane right around the corner. And if not then I think DJs will demand it after seeing my joint, so it is coming. If for some reason, it turns out that Rane is not doing this, then I will consider doing a "howto", or working with a shop around here that can do this "correctly". And please dont ask me to do it, I couldnt gaurante my work at all, and I would have to charge over a $G cash.

s42000 is going to come out to a gig do in the A. He can verify its realness for any non-believers. Actually Aug 20 at the MF DOOM show ATL. In Austin on the 23rd if anyone wants to see it.

Rane Serato Ten year standard.
DJ MDX 11:43 PM - 11 August, 2005
Quote:
[sorry I posted this in the other thread too]
In Austin on the 23rd if anyone wants to see it.

Rane Serato Ten year standard.

Austin? Where in Austin?
AKIEM 11:56 PM - 11 August, 2005
Quote:

Austin? Where in Austin?

scion.com
DJ MDX 12:09 AM - 12 August, 2005
Quote:
Quote:

Austin? Where in Austin?

scion.com

Great I will be there...I saw the last show you guys had did during SXSW and it was off the chain.

I'll take some pictures this time...last time they were filming and would not let you.
AKIEM 12:14 AM - 12 August, 2005
DOOM wont be there in Austin

the DOOM show is in ATL the 20th only
I should have made that clear
DJ MDX 12:19 AM - 12 August, 2005
Yeah, I read the line up...I was just commenting on the last time.
s42000 2:05 AM - 12 August, 2005
*nods in agreement*
Finally get to see Kool Akien in action !!
pj4533 2:03 PM - 12 August, 2005
This seems inevitable. Nice work.

But what I'd _really_ like to see is the elimination of the laptop altogether. Make the mixer an embedded device loaded with Serato. The back of the mixer has a few usb ports. One for your external drive(s), one for an optional monitor display. No problem, right? haha

-pj
DJ Irv 3:31 PM - 12 August, 2005
Here is crazy idea. intergrate an Macmini touchpad 4" LCD Mixer and serato into mixer. Anyone got 2k buring in hole in their pocket?
AKIEM 4:32 AM - 13 August, 2005
okay, heres the backside:
www.metalfacerecords.net

and if I play at a club that has an instilation keeping me from using my mixer it will set up like this:

www.metalfacerecords.net
www.metalfacerecords.net
hologram 3:08 AM - 14 August, 2005
So where do you plug your mic in now?
Just asking because I'm actually making a deeper mixer case to try and do this with my TT54i.

-Hologram
sixxx 3:49 AM - 14 August, 2005
I"m going to try and do the opposite. Put my mixer inside the SL1.

:)
hologram 5:13 PM - 14 August, 2005
Quote:
I"m going to try and do the opposite. Put my mixer inside the SL1.

:)

hehehe
hologram 5:15 PM - 14 August, 2005
I had to laugh because i got this image in my head when I read that. I can see sixxx doing some "Mixed Images" tricks but instead of using chop sticks to scratch for show it'll be because the faders are too small.
DJ White Lightning 11:25 PM - 14 August, 2005
AKIEM - thank you so much for doing this - this will surely force Rane to produce this product for us if they aren't already.

At first when I saw this I was sure it wasnt real b ut damn. I believe you got it!

Just so Rane knows I will pay whatever it takes to buy this product and force all club owners to buy it also.
nik39 11:38 PM - 14 August, 2005
DJ WL, the SSL is built in. That means you would always have to carry your mixer with you. Just to make sure that you are aware of it, as both units are tied to each other, that might be a problem, at least it would be one for me. :-)
sixxx 12:58 AM - 15 August, 2005
I think Akiem's idea is dope but I have to agree with nik39 as well. The only solution would be to have 2 SL1's. :) One inside your mixer and the other one by itself.
AKIEM 3:37 AM - 15 August, 2005
word, I thought Rane might frown on there being a poor mans solution to what I think may/should be coming down the road from them. But I guess it could equal out from people needing a box the SL1 anyway. For me I spend less time in clubs with installations that would stop me from using my own mixer, I already bring mine all over the place.

The last club I played, five DJs and four SL boxes in the both. The DJ that didnt have one left his at home because he dont bring it out unless he plays more then an hour.

When I go on tour the set up breakdown is a big consideration. I was not at all looking forward to all the extra work every night with SSL. Now its not so bad
sixxx 4:23 AM - 15 August, 2005
My SL1 and mixer (Vestax 07) fit in the same case so I never have to set it up or break it down when I do a gig or at home. All I have to do is plug in the turntables to the SL1. The case is nice for traveling but if you're looking for a way to save room while traveling, this is the best way.

I'm so glad Akiem's "poor man's design" works! Love it!

Big props!
hologram 6:05 AM - 15 August, 2005
Quote:
DJ WL, the SSL is built in. That means you would always have to carry your mixer with you. Just to make sure that you are aware of it, as both units are tied to each other, that might be a problem, at least it would be one for me. :-)

I'd settle for a multipin connector I could plug in between the two or a slot to fit the ssl in like a docinking bay under the mixer. That way you could detach your ssl when you don;t need the mixer. Get cute and license the interface or docking station to every one except stanton hehe.
BassChamber 9:42 AM - 15 August, 2005
... in fact, i think every rane mixer in the world should have a SL1 (SL2?) built in :)
DJ White Lightning 5:31 PM - 15 August, 2005
Quote:

What if all clubs had that mixer? How dope would that be?

I always bring my very own CDJ 1000's everytime I spin unless Im flying somewhere, so for me this mixer is PERFECT!!! I would pay $1500 for it or more if need be, right now- where can I get this? RANE ARE WE WORKING ON THIS YET OR IS IT A PIPE DREAM? I am sure there are plenty of other s who feel the same way I do. Even though some will not.
s42000 5:36 PM - 15 August, 2005
I would buy this mixer and still have a standalone unit and use them accordingly. Of late I take my mixer everywhere ... a built in SSL would be great.
AKIEM 11:42 PM - 15 August, 2005
Quote:
I would buy this mixer and still have a standalone unit and use them accordingly. Of late I take my mixer everywhere ... a built in SSL would be great.

I think this is a perfect solution.

you know, come to think of it, releasing a club mixer with ssl in could even be more important for Rane. I dont see a whole lot of clun mixers, but its never been a Rane. They could kill with that thing. setting up and breaking down everyday is one thing, but having to set up and breakdown when there is already a set up... wtf?
hologram 12:32 AM - 16 August, 2005
Just thought about the fact that most of us already have an SSL and would purchase the mixer anyways hehe
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 11:33 AM - 20 August, 2005
Quote:
and if I play at a club that has an instilation keeping me from using my mixer it will set up like this:

That's some genius right there
mexicannnnnn 2:55 PM - 20 August, 2005
Can you please take a pic of the inside?
AKIEM 6:12 PM - 21 August, 2005
Quote:
Can you please take a pic of the inside?

Maybe in about a week. Im not sure what I would be able to show exactly.
mexicannnnnn 6:58 PM - 21 August, 2005
I just wanted to see how rammed it is in there.
AKIEM 7:16 PM - 21 August, 2005
well its not really rammed. It looks like it should be there sort of. It sits about 3/4 inch under the cross fader, and about 3/4 inch above another pc board. The odd thing is that I have one side supported by I piece of plexiglass. I didnt bother looking for the "correct" rizers or legs, or whatever would be used. I wouldnt be surprise if this is the actual location that Rane would use to place it.
CS-80a 9:23 PM - 21 August, 2005
For the official version of this they should have 5 mini mpc like pads for each channel, above the channel faders, for the 1-5 and 6-10 keys that are currently used to hit markers in relative/internal mode, if these pads were pressure sensitive to control how loudly you brought each marker in, even better!
Keith Chambers 6:51 AM - 23 August, 2005
Interesting --- I am going to see if I can make this work with my 2016. I'll post a big howto if I go forward with it.
feniks 5:28 AM - 25 August, 2005
saw the "official" review on www.scratchworkx.com

nice one!
Serato
dave 12:18 AM - 26 August, 2005
Here's a direct link -> www.skratchworx.com
feniks 5:33 AM - 26 August, 2005
thanks dave
s42000 3:34 PM - 26 August, 2005
BaddAsss !!!

I went, saw and was really impressed. The unit is IN the mixer.
At first there was DJ Jamad playing real vinyl using 12's and TTM-56 "Akiem Edition" and after him Akiem simply flicked the line/phono switch and got down to rocking SSL ... just like that. Another flick of the switch another dude was playing real vinyl.

I think I just glanced at the future ... and its looking very bright.
Thanks Akiem for the insight .. and good music too.

I will definately do this mod.
feniks 8:32 PM - 26 August, 2005
might wanna wait a bit and see what Rane/Serato come up with...

*ahem*
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 10:41 AM - 31 August, 2005
Hey Dave, this gives me an idea ... we could take an SL 1, and a TTM 56, and we could...

..meet me by the water cooler, I think I'm on to something
Revolutionary 2:52 PM - 31 August, 2005
LOL...
s42000 3:05 PM - 31 August, 2005
Quote:
Hey Dave, this gives me an idea ... we could take an SL 1, and a TTM 56, and we could...

lol

Be very careful near that water cooler. The guy that refills it may look like an ordinary water cooler refill guy ... but he's not. He's our undercover operative Agent 49.

And this was our parting speech to him on tape, a while back before SSL was released .....

"The man in the first photograph is Sam, a Serato dude attached to SSL counterintelligence. Two years ago, showing signs digital deejaying, he abruptly vanished. Some time after that, he was spotted at a convention with a second man Dave in the second picture. He asserted that he had been kidnapped and held in a bizarre psychological-stress confinement camp. . Shortly thereafter, the man in the third photograph Shaun appeared in the US, claiming to be Steve, the man in the 4th photograph. Under interrogation, he displayed a remarkable familiarity of knowledge in matters that only Steve could be expected to have. However, he disappeared after a short time. Sam has been seen briefly in Europe two or three times since then.

"Last week, Sam was observed scratching os SSL like a bird with fleas. We believe he was doing the chirps. He and Dave are up to something....usually they meet at the water cooler because they believe it's secure"

"Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to uncover the details of Serato's activities and the degree of Rane's involvement in these. Because this matter has international ramifications, you will have to take the utmost dilligence in uncovering their activities. As always, should you be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions.
This tape will self-destruct in five seconds.

"Good luck, Agent 49."
Revolutionary 3:15 PM - 31 August, 2005
What up building an SL-1 into the water cooler?
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 5:02 AM - 2 September, 2005
SL1 = chocolate, TTM56 = peanut butter... do the math.

man, i'm gettin hungry

(i gotta mp22z....probably can fit 2 SL1s...one for my 12s n one for my CDJs)
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 5:05 AM - 2 September, 2005
and running a dell 5160...now i just gotta pick up a powerbook :)
DJ Slade 7:15 AM - 5 September, 2005
s42000: I think you've watched too many Mission Impossible movies.
s42000 8:12 PM - 20 September, 2005
Yo AKIEM ...

I see Jazzy Jeff will be in your back yard soon .. will he be using your Built-in SSL-TTM ?

That would be the ultimate endorsement !!
AKIEM 1:39 AM - 23 September, 2005
I think Jazzy Jeff usses a Pioneer DJM 909. Im assuming he will alow it to be used as the mixer for the evening. If thats the case I will have my TTM-SSL set up as the SSL box and use the 909 as well. I guess.
CS-80a 10:14 AM - 24 September, 2005
He said he uses the 909 because of the tap tempo evho effect mainly, he prefers Rane mixers,
AKIEM 11:06 PM - 24 September, 2005
I wonder if the 909 effects are better then the kaoss pad or some such?
s42000 8:12 PM - 31 October, 2005
Quote:
s42000: I think you've watched too many Mission Impossible movies.

Just got the DVD set ..... mmmmhhhhh
DJK 7:03 PM - 2 November, 2005
Quote:
I wonder if the 909 effects are better then the kaoss pad or some such?

Pioneer effects kill the kaoss pad, the 909, efx500, and efx1000 are all superior to the kaoss pad.
AKIEM 8:18 PM - 2 November, 2005
yes, I actually got to try the 909 [ahem, DJ Jazzy Jeffs 909 in fact]. Man the way that thing works is merderous!

the efx switches that lock one way and spring back the other, ill

I had sorta that idea a couple years ago for efx, spring back at half way, lock if pushed all the way.
AKIEM 8:23 PM - 2 November, 2005
oh yeah, put the SL1, in the 909? nah wouldnt fit plus, that would be way too wierd
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:11 PM - 2 November, 2005
dj dynamite has the 909 and SSL

im thinkin of gettin the 909 also
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 2:48 AM - 3 November, 2005
me too (wanna get a 909), but i need some floor lighting (too dark) only got a pair of adj accuspot 250ii s
B-Lo 8:59 PM - 9 January, 2006
ok so i am by no means an electrician, just a simple aircraft engine mechanic, but i have electrician friends. right now we are in the process of trying to do this modification (with the help of a few other people on the base here. i dont have a rane TTM56 but a stanton SA-3 (it will fit i have checked). i will let everyone know how this turns out once i take care of a few favors to get this done. Peace.....
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 9:53 PM - 9 January, 2006
yo B-Lo, that'll be hella cool if you can take loads of pictures and vids to document all the steps....
anewsome 12:36 AM - 10 January, 2006
Damn, I thought I was done buyin ish. Now I gotta have a mixer with an SL1 builtin. Dangit I hate these forums.
mexicannnnnn 4:33 AM - 10 January, 2006
B-lo... nooooooo you are putting high quality product inside a low quality one!!!
B-Lo 6:07 AM - 10 January, 2006
Quote:
B-lo... nooooooo you are putting high quality product inside a low quality one!!!

i gotta work with what i got and for me the sa-3 works out fine haven't had any problems with it.....besides if you didnt catch the hint i'm military so i am damn near on welfare so i cant afford to fok up anything too nice.
Freddagreat 3:39 PM - 10 January, 2006
B Lo keep us posted on the outcome. Ive been debating on performing the "akiem" special on my mixer (ttm) as well.
DJ MDX 3:55 PM - 10 January, 2006
Quote:
.....besides if you didnt catch the hint i'm military so i am damn near on welfare so i cant afford to fok up anything too nice.

ROTFF!!!

Damn, I remember those times ;-)

Keep your head up brother, your time will come!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 7:07 AM - 15 January, 2006
bump! is it done yet? :)
Julls 7:27 AM - 15 January, 2006
B-Lo what service are you in? I'm in the Air Force...

-Julls
B-Lo 9:26 AM - 16 January, 2006
Quote:
bump! is it done yet? :)

just about done all i need are some risers or away to hold up the scratch live card inside the mixer, but everything else is finished. i don't know how to build a web page so if someone knows how i can send the schematic, pictures, and instructions via e-mail so they can be posted
B-Lo 9:30 AM - 16 January, 2006
Quote:
B-Lo what service are you in? I'm in the Air Force...

-Julls

U Sure Are Foked too :)....i am at Spangdahlem, but i'll be headed back to the states soon. can't wait to get to Cannon.
B-Lo 10:00 AM - 19 January, 2006
well i am glad that i spent so much time figuring out how to do the SSL install into my mixer. at least my friends are intrested in it so i can sell my Frankenstien and then get the real deal. but then again i am pretty impressed eith what i made so i might keep it for the sentimental value :)) will still be posting instructions for anyone intrested
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 6:18 PM - 19 January, 2006
please do... very curious when folks open and mod :)
AKIEM 5:21 PM - 20 January, 2006
for a riser, I cut plexiglass to size. and screwed to the bottom of the mixer
B-Lo 5:43 PM - 20 January, 2006
Quote:
for a riser, I cut plexiglass to size. and screwed to the bottom of the mixer

thanks for the help
nik39 9:22 PM - 1 April, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

lol

Be very careful near that water cooler. The guy that refills it may look like an ordinary water cooler refill guy ... but he's not. He's our undercover operative Agent 49.

And this was our parting speech to him on tape, a while back before SSL was released .....

"The man in the first photograph is Sam, a Serato dude attached to SSL counterintelligence. Two years ago, showing signs digital deejaying, he abruptly vanished. Some time after that, he was spotted at a convention with a second man Dave in the second picture. He asserted that he had been kidnapped and held in a bizarre psychological-stress confinement camp. . Shortly thereafter, the man in the third photograph Shaun appeared in the US, claiming to be Steve, the man in the 4th photograph. Under interrogation, he displayed a remarkable familiarity of knowledge in matters that only Steve could be expected to have. However, he disappeared after a short time. Sam has been seen briefly in Europe two or three times since then.

"Last week, Sam was observed scratching os SSL like a bird with fleas. We believe he was doing the chirps. He and Dave are up to something....usually they meet at the water cooler because they believe it's secure"

"Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to uncover the details of Serato's activities and the degree of Rane's involvement in these. Because this matter has international ramifications, you will have to take the utmost dilligence in uncovering their activities. As always, should you be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions.
This tape will self-destruct in five seconds.

"Good luck, Agent 49."

Still laughing s42k ;)
marx 9:08 PM - 26 May, 2007
Akiem is there enough room in the 56 to add buttons on top. i know theres room on top but on the bottom will there be anything in the way?

i found a usb contoller that u can add buttons to do shortcuts. just need to mod a board that has enough room internally.
AKIEM 9:45 PM - 26 May, 2007
There is plenty of room for another board or something in the mixer. But I dont think it could be done all that easy. Places where you might want to put them have the pc board underneath.

Perhaps you could change the functions if you 'reverse' and 'mode' buttons if you dont use them, maybe fit some more next to them. The easiest place would be near the faders, there is no board there, but I dont know if you really want to mess with the clean fader area.

all depends on your skill level of course.
it could be done
marx 9:59 PM - 26 May, 2007
is there a board under the top of the fader area. like where the buttons are on the 57?
AKIEM 10:17 PM - 26 May, 2007
there might be some room there, around the edges of 'transformer switches' those assemblys are pretty big but there might be some room.

It really depends on how many switches, how big, how unorderly, and your skill.

But I can say yes, absolutely I could add some switches.

for myself, Im working on doing something else tho
allenbina 12:02 AM - 27 May, 2007
Quote:
there might be some room there, around the edges of 'transformer switches' those assemblys are pretty big but there might be some room.

It really depends on how many switches, how big, how unorderly, and your skill.

But I can say yes, absolutely I could add some switches.

for myself, Im working on doing something else tho

hint please
marx 1:24 AM - 27 May, 2007
what u workin on...
s42000 7:36 PM - 30 May, 2007
^^^ Agent 48 is onto this one ....
soon-2-be-ex-FS2user 6:24 AM - 6 February, 2008
bomp
DJ Rugged One 3:48 PM - 6 February, 2008
That is best mod on a 56 I ever seen..as matter of fact I remember seeing this on skratchworx and I said 'wtf???'. Props to you Akiem !!!
sixxx 4:02 PM - 6 February, 2008
Look at the date... this was PRE-57
nik39 4:23 PM - 6 February, 2008
And look how AKIEM has mind-reading abilities...

Quote:
The reason I did it is because for me a drawback to the RSSL system is the extra setup/takedown is annoying to me. Im sure that Rane has one of these in the works, and I didnt want to be left behind, so I jumped in front. Now if there isnt one of these on the horizon from Rane there sure should be.

Quote:
Especially because I believe there is one from Rane right around the corner.

Oh, and I gotta retract my statement...

Quote:
hat means you would always have to carry your mixer with you. Just to make sure that you are aware of it, as both units are tied to each other, that might be a problem, at least it would be one for me

Ain't big problem for me.
DJ Rugged One 6:12 PM - 6 February, 2008
Quote:
Look at the date... this was PRE-57

I did mang it was damn it was that long ago...wow time goes by fast....***sigh***
digital_steve 11:57 PM - 6 February, 2008
Wish i could do this to my xone 62!!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:59 AM - 7 February, 2008
Quote:
Wish i could do this to my xone 62!!

take out the power tools!
digital_steve 2:27 AM - 7 February, 2008
If i had a reliable guide on doing, yeah i would
I'm not one for experimenting on expensive equipment though
grrillatactics 2:17 AM - 14 April, 2008
I am thinking of switching to an Empath and doing this mod. Just gotta see the inside of an Empath first to see if it is something that I would have room for. That third channel and split cue are really starting to call my name, and with split cue *still* not on the immediate horizon with the 57, I am getting antsy to find another solution...
allenbina 11:30 PM - 27 April, 2009
can you use cds or records for serato or only records?
AKIEM 1:43 AM - 28 April, 2009
you can use CDJs, but not while the SSL card is powered

I cant explain exactly why
MK 1 12:38 PM - 28 April, 2009
Wow! That is amazing, i can't believe you practically built a 57 before Rane did.. BIG Respect and admiration, props!
Caramac 12:47 PM - 28 April, 2009
Wow this is/was amazing. Well done AKIEM.
djdragon 4:25 AM - 30 April, 2009
go Akiem it's ur birfdae LOL

Just like a true artist, you get props well after the fact. Good thing you're not a painter, cuz' they only get props after their dead LOL