Pitch 'n Time Studio Plug-In General Discussion

Talk about Pitch 'n Time Studio Plug-in.

Pro Tools AAX

cjguitar 6:21 AM - 4 November, 2011
What's going to happen with Pitch 'N Time Pro when Pro Tools drops support for .dpm plug-ins? Any plans for an AAX version of PNT Pro?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:42 PM - 6 November, 2011
Hey cjguitar,

We are aware of this but there are not plans I can share with you currently. Sorry to be vague :( Hopefully we can have an update on this in the near future!

Sam.
METRO 7:23 PM - 9 December, 2011
I have been waiting for news on this AAX issue as well. Pitch ‘n Time Pro is a big part of my workflow and I will hate losing it.
Oliver M 1:22 PM - 11 January, 2012
Are there any news yet?
I am concerned as well.

Oliver
Janne 1:40 PM - 20 January, 2012
I'm also interested in this. Not because of PNT which I don't use, but because of Rane Series plugins. I'm fine with PNT getting AAX love first but...

PLEASE send us a clear message that "there is going to be AAX support eventually". Even if it took a year to release a working version, i'm fine with waiting as long as current versions are working with current TDM hardware; but please Serato, we need information. And it wouldn't hurt to have AAX-native as soon as possible, because new HDX cards are not going to run TDM at all.
danander11 11:23 AM - 22 January, 2012
Chalk up another in the I'd really like to see PnT Pro in AAX. I would REALLY hate to lose the ability to use this plug.

Is there any news that you can share now that NAMM is on? It's been awhile since AAX was announced.

Peace!
fuserock 5:40 PM - 22 January, 2012
+1

Pitch n Time is essential to my workflow.
thesquack 3:02 PM - 27 January, 2012
I would like to join the list of concerned Graphic Rane EQ users AND Pitch N Time lovers who are waiting to hear when/if AAF or even Native will be supported for Protools. Both of these plug-ins are a huge part of my daily work flow. Please?!
METRO 2:39 AM - 29 April, 2012
Just keeping this question alive.
chugbry 10:52 PM - 29 April, 2012
Any news on AAX anyone? Sam? we really need this to happen for PT 10+
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:43 AM - 1 May, 2012
Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of reply here guys. We are in ongoing talks with Avid about Pitch 'n Time support for Pro Tools 10 but at this stage there is no plan we can share unfortunately.

Sam.
METRO 6:04 AM - 8 June, 2012
Sadness.
chugbry 1:01 AM - 6 July, 2012
super sadness!!!!!
chugbry 1:07 AM - 6 July, 2012
Actually I'm able to for some reason run P&T with Protools 10.2.X (Not ProTools 10 HD/TDM etc.)
don't know why but it still works for the vsn 10 that comes with the MBox Pro 3rd gen.....
I'm only running OSX 10.6.8 on my mac pro though.

The only issue is that if you increase the clip gain in ProTools it doesn't like it and just spits out garbage.
But I've found that if you put you volume back to 0db then it works ok...
thesquack 1:52 PM - 15 September, 2012
Hi Sam,

Your last post about Pitch n Time and the Rane's Graphic EQ and Protools AAX compatibility was in May. It's now mid September. Can we get an update please?? I design and mix feature films and television series and really need your plug-ins. I love them and want them to be upgraded so I can finally make the leap to PT10. Serato's the only thing that is holding me back from the upgrade. I realize it's an expense for you guys to reprogram but can we at least get a time frame?

Please give us an update.

Thanks
Trackdown Digital 2:06 PM - 15 September, 2012
I'm running PT 10.3 on an HDX card and PnT is working fine as long as you don't include clip handles in Audiosuite.
Serato, Support
Martin C 1:30 PM - 17 September, 2012
Hey thesquack,

Unfortunately no further time frame has been locked down regarding an update for Pro Tools 10, I wish I could tell you more but I simply do not know.
Fradge 3:18 PM - 12 December, 2012
Ok, It is almost 2013. Has there been any word on support for AAX? I have 18 Pro Tools HD systems I am upgrading to HDX and I do not want to have to buy something else.
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:11 AM - 13 December, 2012
I am sorry Fradge, no further news to announce about our progress with an update for Pitch 'n Time :(
chugbry 2:53 AM - 14 December, 2012
More super sadness!!!!!!!
vterm 5:46 PM - 9 April, 2013
Are you guys serious?
It's been almost 2 years...
Pitch n' Time Pro is essential to my work....yet you seem to have abandoned it completely.
PT 11 is already announced, and there is no support for AS plugins only AAX!
What's funny is that you still sell the damn thing.
This wasn't a cheap plugin to purchase and the LE version doesn't even come close to the Pro version.
So, what gives?
Either give us a damn time frame (PT 11 will be supported at this date), OR
give us a FULL REFUND, so we can search for other alternatives.
Don't screw your user base like that...
Frank Momberg 3:21 PM - 11 April, 2013
Serato had the luck that P'N'T is running on PT 10, at least on 80% power, because on a cut sequence it produces only trash, so you have to duplicate it first and then process PnT to avoid that malfunction. But in PT 11 that will end!

I agree with vterm, it's really really pooooooor of SERATO!!!! Serving this funny DJ branch and neglecting all the audio pros in the studios. The greatest pitch tool in the world is being administrated by a bunch of „I´m sorry, no“-automats that give Copy'n'paste-answers. SERATO will be worth nothing in summer '13 when they did not appear with an AAX-version.
All the other companies like Waves are still having AAX-betas, so GET YOUR ASSES IN GEAR, people or all of you will loose their jobs within this year, for which I would be very sorry for. NO TIME TO LOOSE, you knew of it for at least 2 YEARS.

Maybe all of them lost their jobs yet, and a student sits there and answers all the questions, who knows.

Guys, we have to look for another Pitchtool, I guess, or have to switch from 11 to 10 when we have a Pitchjob to do (Pro Tools 10 + 11 can co-exist on one system). I wished at least one engineer of AVID could be borrowed to SERATO to solve that problem in a week.
Frank Momberg 3:29 PM - 11 April, 2013
The really slow AVID bunch was faster in developing a whole knew 64-bit-software with cool new features than the SERATO staff in adjusting ONE PLUG-IN. RIDICULOUS!!!!
vterm 11:12 PM - 11 April, 2013
Well said Frank.
I guess Serato is on a slippery slope...
So, what are the alternatives out there?
x-form algorithm in Elastic Audio?
Serato, Support
Martin C 6:02 AM - 12 April, 2013
Hey guys,

Im sorry it has been so long, and Im sorry there hasn't been any developments with this situation that I can share with you right now.

We have something in the works that should make you guys happy in due time, but our policy is to keep it under wraps until we have more of a confirmed release date/time frame.

I don't want to get into the business of breaking promises!

Martin
Frank Momberg 7:07 AM - 12 April, 2013
Hey Martin,
thanks for letting us hope for at least SOMETHING. I hope, that the pro users don't have to pay 200,-$ for this something.

vterm: Elastic Audio is working with the Serato plugin in the prefs, but with Avids TCE it is not comparable to PnT. If TCE would be good we would not hang around in this forum :-) In the moment I don't see an alternative with that flexibility and trueness in sound such as PnT.

Martin, I hope you are not getting into the business of breaking promises towards us users...;-)
vterm 12:06 AM - 24 April, 2013
Well martin,

at least that's something...
Let's hope that we will hear something about it soon..

Frank: I knew that Serato works with TCE, but you confirmed what i was afraid of...
Thanks.
danander11 4:11 AM - 7 May, 2013
Martin,

Thanks for that ray of hope. I've just set up a new comp for PT11HD and everything is there and waiting... including a gaping hole for P-n-T Pro! ;-)

I would be a beautiful day indeed to see AAX.

Many thanks for such a brilliant plug.. It's been my default time stretch plug for as long as I can remember.

Peace!
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:00 AM - 7 May, 2013
Hey guys, its really so cool to hear that Pitch 'n Time is such a useful piece of software you.

I really do hope we have give you all some good news soon!
chugbry 11:04 PM - 14 May, 2013
Pitch 'n Time is not just useful it is an awesome piece of software! I does the job better than anything I've seen or used, Melodyne is the only thing close to this but it is really ideal for another set of uses........ we just would like to have a P&T update ASAP!

It's starting to sound like Serato are finally closer with something for us. Let's hope and pray that we see something by June. (Is that too much to wish for?)
Nathaniel Reichman 3:30 PM - 5 June, 2013
I will need PnT in Pro Tools 11! Good luck with the move to AAX. We really need it. Thanks.
Frank Momberg 4:18 PM - 23 June, 2013
Quote:
Hey guys,

We have something in the works that should make you guys happy in due time, but our policy is to keep it under wraps until we have more of a confirmed release date/time frame.

I don't want to get into the business of breaking promises!

Martin

Hey Martin, as time goes by...Pro Tools 11 is here and working well waiting to be filled with amazing AAX-Plugins such as P'n'T Pro. You had years of time to develop, now it's time to deliver. We need you!
Thanks.
Fradge 1:47 PM - 25 June, 2013
Hello, I see this thread has been going on since 2011 and no answers. It's really too bad that such a great plug in is getting withering away. The least someone can do is say be patient we're working on it or maybe you should look for another plug in.
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:02 AM - 26 June, 2013
Hey Fradge,

Did you check any of my previous statements?

Quote:
Im sorry it has been so long, and Im sorry there hasn't been any developments with this situation that I can share with you right now.

We appreciate your patience with this for sure, but if you need to use another plugin then Im not gonna stop you. At the end of the day you have to do what you need to do to get the job done. I just hope we have something for you guys soon :)
Frank Momberg 10:54 AM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
Hey Fradge,

Did you check any of my previous statements?

Quote:
I just hope we have something for you guys soon :)

Hey Martin,

could you please at least define what „soon“ could mean. Are you talking about days, months, years or eternity. I think we deserve at least this time frame info without forcing you to break promises ;-)
Thanks.
Frank
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:03 AM - 26 June, 2013
I would love to give you a time frame, but if I gave you a time frame and we didn't have a release within the time frame then I would be breaking promises wouldn't I?

I am sorry Frank, I just can't say anything more right now.
Janne 9:29 AM - 1 July, 2013
Quote:
I would love to give you a time frame, but if I gave you a time frame and we didn't have a release within the time frame then I would be breaking promises wouldn't I?

You could however way which plugins you are working on and whether some plugin is on beta phase already. No harm in discussing milestones. We as customers have been polling your web site every week for so long (IMO) we deserve at least something.

(if you need more beta testers, I am more than happy to volunteer. I've done this for Avid during PT7-PT10 so I know how it goes... just email me and I'll sign your NDA.)
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:25 AM - 3 July, 2013
Sorry, maybe I haven't been clear. I can tell you we ARE working on an update for Pitch 'n Time: serato.com

But are we not working on the Rane Series right now. I will see if I can get any more information about when and if, but its unlikely I will be able to share with you much information before we even start working, if we do. As soon as we have an announcement to make, trust me, you will hear about it.
Frank Momberg 12:57 PM - 21 July, 2013
Quote:

Hey Martin C, I'm sitting here on a classical CD-Cut with heavy duty for Pitch 'n Time on Pro Tools 10, which works quite well and really getting a tear in the eye, not to know if I will have this plugin in Pro Tools 11. When Waves release their AAX update I will switch to Pro Tools 11 and it will be hard always to flip over to Pro Tools 10 for Pitch 'n Time use.

YOU ARE NOT BREAKING PROMISES IN MY SIGHT WHEN YOU GIVE AN ESTIMATION (YEAR, MONTH OR DAY), WHEN YOU PLANNED TO FINISHED THE UPDATE AND ANNOUNCE THEN A DELAYAL. That's no big problem for us to have the feeling that you guys are in process to finish the update.

The feeling I get when I read your comments is: I see a team sitting around waiting and discussing, IF there will be an update and not WHEN. That's scary. When I would know that you are full in work with the update, it would be ok to wait.
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:22 PM - 21 July, 2013
Frank,

I have already confirmed we aren't sitting around discussing "if". I can confirm we ARE working on an update at this very moment. The best I will do for you guys is, we hope to have it out before the end of this year.

If I say anymore than that, and we don't come through with what I have said, that is breaking promises, there is no two ways about it. Thats when you guys will give me heat for not sticking to the date I told you.
Frank Momberg 8:38 AM - 22 July, 2013
Quote:
Frank,

I have already confirmed we aren't sitting around discussing "if". I can confirm we ARE working on an update at this very moment. The best I will do for you guys is, we hope to have it out before the end of this year.

If I say anymore than that, and we don't come through with what I have said, that is breaking promises, there is no two ways about it. Thats when you guys will give me heat for not sticking to the date I told you.

Thanks for this. Now I am becalmed and can wait and hope for a sooner than later :-)
vordo 1:26 AM - 25 July, 2013
+1 for this... X-Form, just isn't cutting it - I am dropping back to PT 10 so I can use P'n'T.
dramaticaudio 9:13 AM - 3 August, 2013
Extremely relieved to hear that you're planning to update Pitch n' Time. ESSENTIAL plugin for my work. It would be such a loss if it were abandoned. Thank you Serato!!
houser42 1:36 PM - 5 August, 2013
Just another user happy to hear P&T has a chance to live on in AAX 64-bit format.
Important PI for us too...
Appreciate it!
j
Frank Momberg 5:50 PM - 11 September, 2013
Hey Martin C
now it is time. waves has just released their AAX update. Now it's up to you. Come on, it's not like inventing the world anew. It's not that complicated.

Two days ago I made wonderful work with intense duty for P'n'T and it worked great. Now I have to skip to Pro Tools 10 to use your plugin.

Pleeeease.....:-)
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:04 AM - 12 September, 2013
Its complicated when you have a lot of other projects going on in the same office :)

Its not far off though guys!
Frank Momberg 6:43 AM - 12 September, 2013
Coool!!!!!
Frank Momberg 12:44 PM - 5 October, 2013
In desperation i bought Waves SoundShifter, which is far off the level of Pitch 'n Time Pro as I found out. If you can't get it done, sell your algorithms to Waves. They get it done. Come on we need you...noW!!!
Frank Momberg 3:30 PM - 10 October, 2013
Antares overtook you, do you wanna be the last in line...
Frank Momberg 9:48 PM - 10 October, 2013
AIR overtook you, there is only Native Instruments and you, I'm waiting for...
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:03 PM - 10 October, 2013
I still can't give you a release date, but its getting close :)
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:04 PM - 14 October, 2013
Frank Momberg 7:11 PM - 15 October, 2013
Halleluuuuujaaaaaah.....Thanks guys!!!
Janne 10:37 AM - 12 February, 2014
Quote:
But are we not working on the Rane Series right now. I will see if I can get any more information about when and if.

So how about now that you have PNT out?
Frank Momberg 1:17 PM - 12 February, 2014
Absolutely great, thanks a lot :-)))
Serato, Support
Martin C 1:23 AM - 13 February, 2014
Sorry Janne, no new information on the Rane Series!