Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

computerless systems: anyone tried out any ?

Nonnus 2:57 PM - 16 September, 2011
after dreaming about pioneer putting out something like a computerless/discless system for djing
i recently noticed stanton seems to recently release such a product:
www.stantondj.com

has anyone tried this out ?

i have to say i find the concept terribly appealing,
not so sure how to / if i would ever trust stanton brand though
but i cant stop thinking a similar pioneer product (obviously compatible with rekorbox) would just rock my world
DJ Tupsy 3:06 PM - 16 September, 2011
Hi..

Before I bought the Denon 5000 with ITCH I jused the Numark D2 director for about 3 years.
It worked perfect for me.. No errors what so ever.. :-)
So I follow you thinking..
No computer = no problems with Windows or Mac OS....
Nonnus 3:36 PM - 16 September, 2011
well,
i would not go so far as to to say no computer = no problem

is it is a crappy product it will have problems sooner or later,
if it has lousy support it will be a hassle sooner or later,

this is why i tend to lust for a pioneer product, a pro product, not a pulp or a toy,
at least they should have:
the most reliable embedded systems (from the cdjs) with suite of pioneer fx (from djms),
industry standard hi quality audio signal path / outputs,
compatibility of rekordbox media (cuepoints, loops) with cdjs (seamless to use same media across your controller or club cdjs without having to keep separate libraries...)

i guess basically i am talking about a cdj900/2000+cdjm2000 hybrid thing
(sans the cd readers and extra bulk, hopefully much lighter and somewhat smaller)
although i guess from what they shown us so far a cdj350/djm350 hybrid is more probable to ever come out, although i see no reason why both products could not coexist at different price range just like current 350 / 2000 series do
i does look like the next step for them
DJ Tupsy 3:47 PM - 16 September, 2011
Hi..
I know there can be problem anyway.. :-)
I just mean that I follow your thinking.. AND that I newer had a problem in my 3 years with the D2 I just feel lucky for. :-)
Nonnus 3:59 PM - 16 September, 2011
oh, right ;)
i just wanted to make sure i was not being oblivious to potential problems even without computer

very cool to know your long hassle free experience!
skratchworx 5:33 PM - 16 September, 2011
Nonnus 5:39 PM - 16 September, 2011
yes, i did read you review ;)

but unfortunately after the twitchgate, with so many awesome reviews just forgetting to state the output is almost lower than an ipod, i prefer to ask real users opinions...
skratchworx 7:01 PM - 16 September, 2011
Real users? Hmmm....

I have yet to publish a Twitch review. It's almost done, but believe me the output volume gets mentioned.
Nonnus 7:07 PM - 16 September, 2011
oh, sorry if i offended you in any way...
not trying to be personal at all...

i am sure you understood what i mean regarding "real users" posting on forums and published reviews :)
believe me that whenever i see any review mention the twitch pathetic output the reviewer will sure step up in my consideration