Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Itch 2.0 takes 20+ Minutes to Install

J.J. 5:47 PM - 2 August, 2011
Itch 2.0 final on PC takes 20-30 minutes to install. I just received my NS6. I tried this on my laptop i7 and my i7 CPU 950 quad 3.07 GHZ computer at work. The 2.0 Beta EXE executable just launched with no problems. Here is the screen that takes forever on InstallShield
www.poweronplay.com

In comparison, Serato Scratch Live installs in under 30 seconds.
DjFuentes82 8:21 PM - 2 August, 2011
I'm tired of reading complaints about the most absurd and smallest details. Specially when it ends up comparing two different softwares. If it installed ( and i'm guessing it did) just enjoy the free update and do some real djing and stop complaining.
ontime1269 5:17 AM - 3 August, 2011
Itch 2.0 installed in less than 2 minutes for me. I7 computer as well.
J.J. 6:44 AM - 3 August, 2011
DjFuentes82, you have been reported.

Us DJ's who care about Serato will continue to improve there software. Stop clicking on links just to complain.

How are suppose to DJ if the install hangs? The reason SSL was brought into comparison is because it is made by the same company and uses the similar InstallShield.
DjFuentes82 10:31 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:

Us DJ's who care about Serato will continue to improve there software. Stop clicking on links just to complain.

First of all my involvement in forums have never been about thrashing or complaining about the software or hardware i use. Secondly, how can you say that you care about the software when all you did was open a pointless forum for which u have only gotten 2 responses to complain about Itch. You didn't ask for help just complain. Good luck with your other complaint reporting me. Another pointless discussion.

DjFuentes82 10:34 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
Itch 2.0 installed in less than 2 minutes for me. I7 computer as well.

+1
nik39 1:18 PM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:

Uhm, I hope you're kidding. I can't see why you should have reported his posting. He didn't break any rules.
dj-nice 1:48 PM - 3 August, 2011
i had this delay in my installation too. The Beta installs without any delay, but the final not. I killed the task an did it once again without any delay.....very strange behavour.
MusicDan 2:14 PM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Uhm, I hope you're kidding. I can't see why you should have reported his posting. He didn't break any rules.

nik39, YOU have been reported!!! ;-)
DjFuentes82 7:30 PM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Thanx Nike39
J.J. 4:24 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:

He broke the first rule of Fight Club. nik39, what controller for Itch do you own?

I could not post this in the BETA section because the BETA is over. This is not a complaint but a Bug Report.

By the way, the install hung for 3 hours. I closed Google Chrome and it finally finished. Weird?

Itch 2.0 is very nice. I'm in the middle of reviewing it. I wish you could adjust the advanced effect parameters like in SSL.
DjFuentes82 4:53 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

He broke the first rule of Fight Club. nik39, what controller for Itch do you own?

Are u kidding me!! How old are u? If i were u iwould show a little more respect for the people that could help get your issues resolved. Look to the left of his name.
nik39 5:06 PM - 4 August, 2011
"He broke the first rule of Fight Club. nik39, what controller for Itch do you own? I could not post this in the BETA section because the BETA is over. This is not a complaint but a Bug Report"

Where did he break any rule? what did I miss?

As far as I can see, you started this thread talking about 2. 0, right?
J.J. 11:09 PM - 4 August, 2011
Does anyone else have any problems with the Itch 2.0 install? It's weird that it would take that long on two completely different machines.

Quote:
How old are u?

Your seriously asking me that when you spell "u" instead of you?
D~ 12:00 AM - 5 August, 2011
+1 on all of the whiny posts about simple problems that either solve themselves or could easily be solved by some troubleshooting. i.e. closing a web browser.
DjFuentes82 12:44 AM - 5 August, 2011
Quote:
+1 on all of the whiny posts about simple problems that either solve themselves or could easily be solved by some troubleshooting. i.e. closing a web browser.

+1
My point from the start. Thanx d~. Oh look i misspelled "thanks". Lol.
J.J. 3:43 AM - 5 August, 2011
Quote:

The install hanging for 3 hours is a simple problem? I've contacted Serato and they are also concerned about this.

Fuentes, if you have something helpful to say, then please do. If not, get out of my help discussion. I don't understand how someone can be a "Hater" when your trying to improve software. Have you ever BETA tested?
DjFuentes82 2:11 PM - 5 August, 2011
Read the posts. I'm not the only who thinks this discussion is more about whinning than getting help. To answer your question, no i havent participated in beta testing. Whats your point? If u have, then you should be aware of the process involved.
Kommissar 2:33 PM - 5 August, 2011
im using an NS6 and my installer is constantly locking up in random places, i've been trying for over 30 mins and i still haven't got it installed yet, maybe i will have to just let it sit there for 30 and see if it really is working just parenthetical slowly.
Kmxorbit 3:33 PM - 5 August, 2011
On topic: When the install takes more then 2 minutes then you're allowed to be concerned, imho.
In fact an Itch installation that takes that long is very weird.
I never had it and I installed Itch already quite a few times on a number of machines.

I might be totally wrong, but in my perception it sounds as a conflict with another program and/or driver. Things that I would check or think about in such a case:
*When did this install problem begun? (did it ever install directly? if yes, with what build started it to fail) <= once you figured this out, were there other progs you installed afterwards?
*Are you running the latest drivers for your controller?
*Are you running other stuff that uses the soundcard by default or by start up?
*Is a virus scanner/spam fighter blocking certain tasks?

Just a basic start of questions and probably not that helpful, but it mind remind you at something that causes your problem. Anyway, i wish you luck., and let us know what caused it when you find a solution.
Versionist 5:34 PM - 5 August, 2011
I haven't installed the final, but the 1st beta took about 10 minutes, and the long part was right after it asks you to make sure your controller is connected (mine is VCI-300).

I agree that it is a problem, because I was about to cancel the install thinking that it froze.

My computer is an i7.
RiceCube 3:20 AM - 10 August, 2011
This thread was actually very helpful. I had the same issue with the installation hanging. I killed the task and tried again but I got an error message. Then I saw JJ's post saying it worked when he shutdown Chrome. I shutdown Chrome and viola, the installation proceeded and finished.

I too think that DjFuentes' initial comment was pointless and I'm glad it didn't deter JJ from finding a fix to this issue. I don't understand why someone would be so condescending when a user has a problem and is trying to find a solution.
Kmxorbit 8:02 AM - 10 August, 2011
Quote:
I shutdown Chrome and viola, the installation proceeded and finished.

Really? an open browser (chrome) causes installation difficulties? Very nice to know...

Quote:
I don't understand why someone would be so condescending when a user has a problem and is trying to find a solution.

+1. Fully agree