Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Analyze only tracks in a certain crate or iTunes playlist

Funky-t 3:01 PM - 18 June, 2011
Hi All

It would be really nice if the "Analyze Files" function would operate only on a selected crate or iTunes playlist. I have a great deal of podcasts in my iTunes library, which isn't necessary to analyze - hence it would be better just to select the "New tracks"-playlist you just added and then hit the "Analyze files" button.

I think this must be a minor one to develop, so please include it in the next version... :)

/Funky-T
WarpNote 12:06 PM - 20 June, 2011
You can drag a crate to the analyze button if you like, no need to select the actual tracks.
Also, just hitting analyze after importing new files, will only analyze the new ones...
(even though it will analyze your podcasts)

Having tracks in the SSL library (ie your podcasts) thats NOT analyzed, is NOT advisable.
Non-analyzed files could be corrupt, and corrupt files can crash SSL, even if they are not played,
just being present in the library.
Funky-t 1:59 PM - 20 June, 2011
Thanks WarpNote, I didn't know about the drag method.

Any suggestions on how to avoid importing podcasts?
WarpNote 12:13 AM - 21 June, 2011
I quit using the iTunes library in SSL a few years back, I had several issues both in public beta testing and final releases, and other users have experienced the same. Also in iTunes v10, Apple broke a the important rescan feature (similar to rescan id tags in SSL). They broke this feature on purpose in hoping that people would only use iTunes for their music (as music players are gaining popularity) Once I cave in and get the iPad I will need to upgrade my itunes v9, not looking forward to this....

Basically, since the Smartcrates arrived in SSL I've never loaded the iTunes lib again. I just add my files manually to SSL Crates. The Main Crate "tree structure" mirrors my folder structure. Basically divided into genres...
PaRallelX 9:34 AM - 29 March, 2014
Hallo,

at first thanks WarpNote for the fantastic tip with "drag and drop"! Sometimes it is to easy ....

and for Funky-T:
isn't it possible to lock the podcasts by marking it and press "strg" + klick in the first row (before the color row) ?
WarpNote 2:16 PM - 29 March, 2014
True PaRallelX, [ctrl] + click the far left column will lock the track :D