Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

NS7 Calibration Video

DJ Sergio B 7:53 PM - 21 April, 2011
I figured someone had to get around to doing this - quite the labor of love I must say lolol.

I know I wish it existed when I did mine the first time so - here it is - from my DROID - chopped in half for Youtube standards - brighten and uploaded! No hating on the quality - it IS done from my phone. ha.

I hope this helps some of you kats out there!

Part One:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Part Two:
Watchwww.youtube.com
BadBoyChubs 8:51 PM - 21 April, 2011
nice walk thru, but u need a camera man next time!
DJ Sergio B 8:54 PM - 21 April, 2011
hopefully this will aid someone who is looking to do it but is confused by the manual. This will have to do til one of you guys with a camera gets to it!
SOULKHITECT 9:17 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:
16 minutes to explain a process that takes 2 minutes?

...^ REALLY my dude ^ at least he took the time to explain it - SMH

On another not good job Sergio B.
zaguama 2:37 AM - 22 April, 2011
i've never recalibrated my ns7 in 2 years of using it. how can you tell if it needs recalibration lol, mine seems to be working the same as day 1.
DJPhlirt 8:48 PM - 22 April, 2011
what happens if you cant get the last step?
can you take it out of calibration mode
MusicDan 2:41 AM - 26 April, 2011
Quote:
i've never recalibrated my ns7 in 2 years of using it. how can you tell if it needs recalibration lol, mine seems to be working the same as day 1.

+1
DJ Sergio B 3:03 AM - 26 April, 2011
firmware updates can cause a need to do so - but it seems it isn't the only time one should be done.

if your ns7 is jumping around in songs during playing - its a good idea to do so. Also - if you power on your NS7 and your "1" hot cue on the left deck flashes at you - then you should get with it and get to it.
DJ Sergio B 3:05 AM - 26 April, 2011
Quote:

You can - but without completing the process - I couldn't be sure if you would run into issues - but I imagine you would. I tried to be as clear and go as slow as possible in the two videos so it could be done while watching it.
D-RoC71 5:54 AM - 29 April, 2011
Bro...great vid!!! Thanks for taking the time to video it.
16 minutes or 2 hrs....thank you!!!!
It was very helpful!!
DJ Sergio B 8:37 AM - 29 April, 2011
No problem homie! Glad it helped!
BadBoyChubs 11:27 AM - 29 April, 2011
atleast he did one 4 real! i never done it but will when it acts up!
AT^ 5:20 AM - 30 April, 2011
Thanks for the vid dude!

Calibrated my ns7 for the first time since I got it almost 2yrs ago! :D

Question, When calibrating the strip search for the first time do you

A. place finger on far right/left/middle of strip search and hold, The 1 led will come on and stay on for as long as you hold your finger on the strip search. Push led to continue.
B. tap finger on far right/left/middle of strip search, The 1 led will come on. push led to continue.

After going with B, and then playing for 20min and then trying B again... restarted and went with A and eventually got thru it.

rtfm does not help in this case.

Thanks again DJ Sergio B!
D-RoC71 6:59 AM - 30 April, 2011
Hold the right side of the strip search until the 1 cue point lights up then press the cue point at the same time.
Repeat on the left and on the middle.

Hope that helps.
DJ GaFFle 3:11 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
Thanks for the vid dude!

Calibrated my ns7 for the first time since I got it almost 2yrs ago! :D

Question, When calibrating the strip search for the first time do you

A. place finger on far right/left/middle of strip search and hold, The 1 led will come on and stay on for as long as you hold your finger on the strip search. Push led to continue.
B. tap finger on far right/left/middle of strip search, The 1 led will come on. push led to continue.

After going with B, and then playing for 20min and then trying B again... restarted and went with A and eventually got thru it.

rtfm does not help in this case.

Thanks again DJ Sergio B!

+1

I found the instruction's explanation of calibration to be confusing and not very clear. I've been looking for a video... thanx dude.
DJ Sergio B 6:13 PM - 9 May, 2011
no worries Gaffle! Glad it helped!
DJ GaFFle 1:45 AM - 11 May, 2011
Just watched the videos. I'm finally gonna be able to calibrate my unit after 2 years of owning it but jeeesh... it too you nearly 4 minutes to get into the calibration process on that 1st video!?!?

Thanx again tho'. I finally understand the process, no thanx to the instruction manual.
djgaico 8:45 PM - 13 January, 2012
the second step is not working for me wat should i do
djgaico 9:26 PM - 15 January, 2012
can someone help me plz
BadBoyChubs 10:04 PM - 15 January, 2012
WHICH 2ND one, ?
djgaico 2:12 AM - 16 January, 2012
the 2nd step that the video says on youtube when yu have tu put all the knobs to the left or low.. is not working for me idk why n also when i turn on the mixer the #one hot cue light up by it self idk if thats how it supposed to do
BadBoyChubs 12:04 PM - 16 January, 2012
u missing a step! i am sure, check that u set all knobs, to the far left,
BadBoyChubs 12:17 PM - 16 January, 2012
one of ur knos are not far left or set to low,

i have a friend who contour knob was not able to set far left it was a litlle up , then the 1 would light up.
I found that out by setting all to the far left and playing with each knob one by one to see when the light lite up.
djgaico 6:53 PM - 16 January, 2012
BadBoyChubs
so yu saying that the hot cue #1 should turn on when yu turn the power mixer on?
BadBoyChubs 2:18 AM - 17 January, 2012
when u turn on ur ns7 if the hot cue 1 flashes twice then it need to recalibrate.

should not stay on unless u have a song loaded with a cue point set already, that only way it should stay on.

when u resetting the ns7, the hot cue will stay on when all knobs are set correct. then u press 1 and then u move on to the next step.
djgaico 3:25 AM - 17 January, 2012
when i turn on my ns7 the hot cue 1 flashes twice bt when i try to calibrate it... the second step doesnt work n i put all the knobs to the left so idk wats wrong with it im just going crazy with it.. i dnt wanna take it to the store cuz i know they gonna charge me just to check it yu noe wat i mean so i really need help
BadBoyChubs 11:25 AM - 17 January, 2012
u need to do a same vid so i can see if u really turn all the knobs and put the faders in the right position!
DJ Sergio B 3:31 PM - 17 January, 2012
yeah - you have to make sure you do it to all knobs - including the headphone - contour - start and stop time knobs - etc. The AUX knobs and selection knob are the only ones you don't touch
DJ Sergio B 3:34 PM - 17 January, 2012
I mean I would do a better visual video but I really have no way of mounting my camera on my phone - nor do I have a camera for videos. I will do my best to assist tho!
djgaico 4:23 PM - 17 January, 2012
Guys I did all that trust me I did n still dnt work idk wat else to.do
djgaico 9:59 PM - 21 January, 2012
plz help me
DJ Sidies 1:08 PM - 22 January, 2012
How do you do this on the V7s?
DJ Sergio B 2:33 PM - 22 January, 2012
Are you in the mode to calibrate? To enter the cal. mode you have to hold the 1 and 3 hotcues on the right deck down - then while holding those buttons down - power on your system. On the left deck - after turning it on - the left decks hot cues will blink twice and then you start from there to the process. Watch the first video and go from there...im not sure where things get confusing for you

And Sidies - im not sure the V7 have a calibration method. Anyone care to confirm??
djgaico 6:16 PM - 23 January, 2012
I.have done that so.many times and still doesnt blink idk what is not workin
Djpapadoc 3:01 PM - 21 February, 2012
Follow the ns7 cablibrate guide... www.numark.com

i just did my v7s
Papa Midnight 2:19 AM - 22 February, 2012
Quote:
And Sidies - im not sure the V7 have a calibration method. Anyone care to confirm??

I think Cerla would be the one to ask about that. The man knows the V7's probably better than Numark, lol.
DJ dVO 4:09 AM - 22 February, 2012
Can someone explain what calibration will do to your NS7 and why one really need to do it?
DJ Agatón 2:41 AM - 24 April, 2012
Quote:

I'm stuck to on last step.......wat do i do>?
elsupermang 1:13 PM - 24 April, 2012
Quote:
Can someone explain what calibration will do to your NS7 and why one really need to do it?

Says it in the manual: "If you load new firmware to the NS7, or if you ever experience problems with your knobs or faders (a very rare occurrence), the NS7
can be recalibrated."

I know once my x-fader had some bleed on the left side, i did the calibration and it seemed to fix it up a bit. Another time the fader would remain open at random times (pretty embarassing), and calibration fixed that as well if i recall correctly.
J Shaw 3:45 AM - 10 May, 2013
Yeah, I'm on the last step. And this 1 is not lighting up. And EVERYTHING is in the middle. I need help.
DJ Sergio B 4:50 PM - 10 May, 2013
Then everything isn't in the middle - check your faders (pay special attention to where that one is - it can throw you off -I cover why in part 2 of the video) - start and stop knobs - crossfader contour - headphone volume - everything expect the Mic / line input stuff. If you aren't in an acceptable range for everything being in the middle it won't light up.
J Shaw 4:55 PM - 10 May, 2013
I was on your video for an hour. Lol It seemed yours came on so simple. I made sure it was between lines 5 & 6. So, does it matter the actual order I put the knobs in middle? I'm gonna try later tonight, very more precisely and see what happens. Shits becoming a pain. I'm having crash issues as well. I hope a newer powerful laptop will fix that issue. On my way to get one today. Is the NS8 out yet?
Papa Midnight 5:15 PM - 10 May, 2013
Calibrating the NS7 is an exact science. As a matter of principle, I'd say follow each step to the letter.
iamdjo.com 3:15 AM - 14 May, 2014
Quote:
when i turn on my ns7 the hot cue 1 flashes twice bt when i try to calibrate it... the second step doesnt work n i put all the knobs to the left so idk wats wrong with it im just going crazy with it.. i dnt wanna take it to the store cuz i know they gonna charge me just to check it yu noe wat i mean so i really need help

Did you figure out what the issue was?

I'm having the same trouble.
I can do everything in Step 1 to the right but to the left nada... and its a simple procedure that i'm doing to the right successfully but i'm not sure why going opposite doesn't work.

djgaico? Anyone?
Dj Nuff 3:58 PM - 13 November, 2014
I'm having trouble passing step 2 also. When I turn all knobs, slider and fader to it's minimum, nothing happens. Can someone please help, my ns7 has been messing around and I need it for gigs.
iamdjo.com 5:34 PM - 13 November, 2014
Quote:
I'm having trouble passing step 2 also. When I turn all knobs, slider and fader to it's minimum, nothing happens. Can someone please help, my ns7 has been messing around and I need it for gigs.

I found no resolution besides acquiring a new one. Hopefully someone has a suggestion.