Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Use one Dicer in Offline Mode in SSL to set Cue Points

Dj JesC 4:29 AM - 8 March, 2011
Product: scratchlive
Version: 2.2
Hardware: scratchlive-sl1
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.6
---

I would like to get a feature that lets you hook up one dicer in offline mode to set cue points. This would help a lot of us DJ's setup their tracks in offline mode and the dicer. Even if everything else was disable in the dicer ie loop roll and loops while in offline mode.

Thanks
Rane, Support
Shaun W 7:13 PM - 8 March, 2011
Good suggestion. Currently SSL doesn't allow any MIDI device to control SSL when the Rane Scratch Live hardware is disconnected.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 7:15 PM - 8 March, 2011
I'll add your post to the feature suggestion area :)
7:15 PM, 8 Mar 2011
Discussion moved to Scratch Live Feature Suggestions
Dj JesC 8:18 PM - 8 March, 2011
Quote:
I'll add your post to the feature suggestion area :)

Thanks, can we get my previous post deleted? link below

serato.com
Dj JesC 12:07 AM - 9 March, 2011
also to set beatgrids in offline mode too by mapping the dicer w/shift 2 or 3
radikarl 10:46 AM - 9 March, 2011
you can use that app called midi-stroke as a workaround for now to convert midi messages into keystrokes.
that way, you make the dicer send keystrokes and therefore can use it in offline mode.
that works for cue points ( "1" ), loops ("alt +1") and even loop rolls ("ctrl+alt+ 1")
Dj JesC 4:58 AM - 10 March, 2011
thanks radikarl. i still prefer using it without an extra program being that the dicers are serato ready.
DJ_'Ready-Made'_Ren 12:47 AM - 23 May, 2011
+1. Though I do have a pair, for me, it doesn't have to be excusively dicers. I'd like to be able to map any controller to certain funtions in offline mode.
WarpNote 10:50 PM - 14 June, 2011
I suggested this a long time ago for the Denon HC1000S, but the suggestion was ignored...
Acutally, I believe the SSL version I had when I first got the Denon, it was working, but I think they removed the funtionality.
DJ_'Ready-Made'_Ren 10:59 AM - 16 June, 2011
Yeah, I'd like to be able to use my HC1000s too. :(

It' occurs to me that it's probably to stop people doing some mad custom workaround. I haven't thought this through, but I'm pretty certain that in theory, if you can map enough of the controls (most notably the pitch), you could technically mix in SSL without the hardware, so long as you had two instances running. And maybe even possibly with just one.

Ok, so that's pure speculation on my part, but by disabling MIDI, Serato certainly seem to have ruled out this possibility.
WarpNote 10:40 AM - 20 June, 2011
Quote:
probably to stop people doing some mad custom workaround

My thoughts too. Honestly, pressing <cmd/ctrl>+<,> or <cmd/ctrl>+<1/2/3/4/5> have become second nature, so I stopped nagging about the request, theres so much other stuff id like in SSL instead... and as radikarl points out, there are workarounds anyway...
DJ Good Times 12:30 AM - 8 August, 2013
+1