Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Need More USB ports on my MacBook Pro A1260 2.4

FunkyRob 6:08 PM - 14 January, 2011
Can decide on getting some kind of express card adapter or a usb hub.

I'm wanting to add 2 midi controllers to my setup; a Denon DN-HC1000S because it has all the basic scratchlive functions and something else with a cross-fader for video.

I know adding my SL1 to a hub is a big no no. My external is hooked up to the FireWire 800 port, so I've got 1 available USB and I want to hook up 2 things to it.

Who's got something that they highly recommend?
FunkyRob 6:08 PM - 14 January, 2011
^^meant "Can't Decide"
djpuma_gemini 6:14 PM - 14 January, 2011
I'd go with the express card slot to usb ports
DJ Tecniq 2:11 AM - 15 January, 2011
Quote:
Can decide on getting some kind of express card adapter or a usb hub.

I'm wanting to add 2 midi controllers to my setup; a Denon DN-HC1000S because it has all the basic scratchlive functions and something else with a cross-fader for video.

I know adding my SL1 to a hub is a big no no. My external is hooked up to the FireWire 800 port, so I've got 1 available USB and I want to hook up 2 things to it.

Who's got something that they highly recommend?
i highly recommend u get a usb hub i have a targus 4 port however I am using a SL1 I don't think it supports usb 2.0 but it works fine for other dj's friends to plug in their externals or usb sticks. I don't recommend plugging the serato usb cable in the hub that goes directly to the pc/mac.

www.staples.com
DJ Tecniq 2:16 AM - 15 January, 2011
I forgot to mention when all my usb ports are used on the mac, i can connect my midi interface for vsl into the usb hub and it works 100%. When I bought the hub it said #1 best selling usb hub so i copped it. Haven't had a problem yet it's a lifesaver for me & dj friends of mine that want to use their own crates and at $21.99 for 4 usb ports that's pretty insane.
FunkyRob 2:20 AM - 15 January, 2011
That incoming cable looks shorter than I was hoping for, you think I'd have issues with running an extension cable to it.

I'm thinking that I'd like to hid the hub under a mixer.
DJ Tecniq 3:30 AM - 15 January, 2011
Quote:
That incoming cable looks shorter than I was hoping for, you think I'd have issues with running an extension cable to it.

I'm thinking that I'd like to hid the hub under a mixer.
why do u want a longer cable? And how are u going to hid the hub under a mixer when other usb device's cables are connected to it? U lost me
FunkyRob 8:56 AM - 16 January, 2011
I want to hide the hub, not the devices.