Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Vertical display. SL3 3 deck mode...

Eversoul43 2:55 PM - 22 November, 2010
I'd love to see the 3 deck mode available in vertical view. Kinda like the main view but 3 decks skinnier columns. That's my 2 cents.
s3kn0tr0n1c 4:38 PM - 22 November, 2010
or horizontal view....
BigBoiBBp 5:48 AM - 23 November, 2010
Yes!!!!! Please do this, im not a big fan of the 3 deck horizontal view that already exsists.

or make it so that when hit the "~" key it will make the third deck appear or dissappear.
Eversoul43 1:44 PM - 29 November, 2010
Just makes more sense. The physical decks are oriented left to right. The channels on the mixer are organized left to right.... Please Serato people! Hear us!
radikarl 3:52 PM - 29 November, 2010
+1
blackavenger 6:34 PM - 12 December, 2010
Quote:
Just makes more sense. The physical decks are oriented left to right. The channels on the mixer are organized left to right.... Please Serato people! Hear us!

Yeah, I've been making this same request for many months now....something tells me that they are at least looking into getting it back to the Classic GUI view. I imagine it will be in a "sooner than later" upcoming update.
thejone 2:05 PM - 14 December, 2010
+2
djchrischip 3:02 AM - 18 December, 2010
Quote:

+1
matteoionescu 1:16 AM - 28 December, 2010
+1
Leandro Castillo 3:52 AM - 29 December, 2010
+1
spOOky 9:39 PM - 3 January, 2011
plz :D
Eversoul43 9:54 PM - 3 January, 2011
I wonder how many more +1s we need to get a response from serato....

How bout um...+59 Krillion...
blackavenger 5:54 AM - 4 January, 2011
We're unlikely to get a response from Staff....I just hope they're paying attention!
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:52 PM - 4 January, 2011
there has been a response but i think that was in a private beta area. it is due to the screen size i.e resolution. so ppl with a small screen res this would just be a big mess. But ya im with you guy's +1
blackavenger 9:23 PM - 4 January, 2011
Quote:
there has been a response but i think that was in a private beta area. it is due to the screen size i.e resolution. so ppl with a small screen res this would just be a big mess. But ya im with you guy's +1

My answer to this......Make it an option then! If your screen resolution cab handle it, use it. If not, don't!
Eversoul43 11:26 PM - 4 January, 2011
If you divide the screen into 3rds. it wouldn't be that big a difference. It's not like we're asking for a scrolling wave shot of the 8 ableton clip channels-that would be overkill, but 3 vertically should't be a big deal. They figured horizontal out... might be a mess as far as coding goes though...
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:29 PM - 4 January, 2011
if they support '3' decks i supose they gota suport '4' for the sixty eight guys?
s3kn0tr0n1c 12:04 AM - 5 January, 2011
i dont care whether its 3 vertical or horizontal, when im using the 68 with 3 decks thats all i want to see on screen- 3 decks......i hate having to view the 4th deck thats unused........I end up less library view(espesh with bridge enabled)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 12:46 AM - 5 January, 2011
Quote:
We're unlikely to get a response from Staff....I just hope they're paying attention!

I'd love this. Horizontal waveforms screw with my head.
blackavenger 3:12 AM - 5 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I'd love this. Horizontal waveforms screw with my head.

Thanks for the response...hehe, but seriously, Horizontal Waveforms really do screw w' my head. They didn't used to, but then I bought ScratchLIVE 5 years ago, and haven't been the same ever since. Please, please, please, please make the waveforms horizontal again. Make the Position Wheel & Moving Waveforms really frakin' tiny, ...I don't care, just get the Track Overview Waveforms back to the way I'm used to.
DJ Trice 12:01 PM - 5 January, 2011
+1 !
Dj Farhan 4:47 PM - 5 January, 2011
+ 1
jajoja 1:53 AM - 6 January, 2011
+100
electromagnetic 8:46 PM - 7 January, 2011
vertical vieww please
Eversoul43 9:33 PM - 9 January, 2011
OR! We could ask Pioneer, Ecler, Allen & Heath, Behringer, American audio, Denon, Vestax etc.. to make a (drumroll) SIDEWAYS MIXER! All the levels go left to right and the cross fader would be vertical.Then we could set the decks in front or behind it accordingly. Then a little surgical arm lengthening procedure..BAM!
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:02 PM - 9 January, 2011
^Lol
blackavenger 11:47 PM - 9 January, 2011
Quote:
OR! We could ask Pioneer, Ecler, Allen & Heath, Behringer, American audio, Denon, Vestax etc.. to make a (drumroll) SIDEWAYS MIXER! All the levels go left to right and the cross fader would be vertical.Then we could set the decks in front or behind it accordingly. Then a little surgical arm lengthening procedure..BAM!

Quote:
^Lol

Nice :)
djguiome 8:07 PM - 13 January, 2011
Please !

+ + + + + 1000 !

the horizontal view is unusable ! !

Illegible !

Too much dangerous to use !

- Loading in the wrong turntables ! !
- in vertical view, it is easy to make association with the turntables reality !

To also envisage in the setup: to be able to choose of which with dimensions one wishes to see the third decks : left or right side of the two principal decks !

Thanks
ninjagaijin 6:28 AM - 14 January, 2011
I need this ASAP.

Mixing deck 1 & 3 is not easy.

For SL3, I assume it will be just as hard mixing deck 1 & 3, or deck 1 & 4, or deck 2 & 4.

So we need to move things around.

Either a) allow hold a button so can drag the display decks around.. this would get REALLY confusing though...

Personally, I just want a button to HIDE the middle or 3rd deck...

So that when mix goes down to 2x decks, I can make them stick together, with the visual bars for mixing.. I don't mind vertical or horizontal, as long as can see the visual mix part stick together..

or say , if deck 2 is not in use, deck 1 could go to the place of deck 2...

or, a button to swap positions of deck 1 & 2,...

having seen SL3 announced, NO IDEA what would be the best option to also use for 4x decks.

But at the moment, I'm trying to focus on 3rd and 2nd decks, so that I am always having deck 2 in use, so that I can use this to visually mix with 1 & 3, but it gets a little annoying to keep this up after long enough.

Really happy now I am starting to get the hang of the SL3, a little frustrated so shortly after buying, already the SL4 is coming out!!

Well, maybe in a year I will upgrade.. but until then, I need to be able to use the SL3 to full potential!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider fixing old bugs before adding any more new features...

I want my SL3 to work as a DJ unit more than a soundcard, I have an old RME soundcard that won't work Win 7 so I am interested in using SL3/SL4 as a temporary sound card.. but really, I'd be happier if I could afford an RME fireface, so for me, SL3/SL4 is for DJ not for production.. it seems like a poor replacemen t for a dedicated audio sound card
djsimonse 3:34 PM - 12 September, 2011
+1

3 deck mode in vertical view would be a great upgrade!

Please fix this. :)
ninjagaijin 12:56 AM - 31 August, 2012
I just want to swap the positions around somehow on the fly, so that I can mix deck 1 & 3 easier, if deck 2 isn't playing...
Eversoul43 9:43 PM - 27 September, 2012
Well it's been almost 2 years since I started this discussion. I've gotten used to the sideways thing, which works extra well with the grid markers. So the visual aid is cool for beat mixing.I think it would be harder vertical now. My brain is hardwired to reading which is a left to right thing anyway. That said It would be cool to hide the 3rd deck and grab up some extra screen real estate. The 3 desk vertcal thing I don't think will ever come to fruition.