Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

normalize or increase mp4 volume

spinsonic408 5:48 AM - 20 July, 2010
Hi All

Anyone know of an application that can increase an mp4 file volume? Something nifty like mp3gain? I'd like to increase all these files to the same output volume.

thanks in advance!
DJMark 3:00 AM - 21 July, 2010
The first thing to try, if you haven't already, is the auto-gain function in SSL itself.
spinsonic408 7:12 AM - 21 July, 2010
thanks Mark. I actually tried that past weekend, volumes were still unbalanced. I think the problem was that i didnt ever "analyze" my files, and serato was doing it on the fly. sound appears to be normalized now , but wont know for sure until I do my gig Friday.

thanks again!
DJMark 12:33 PM - 21 July, 2010
Cool. Yes, you need to have analyzed the files for the gain thing to work.

It's not absolutely perfect, but neither is any other "automatic gain setting" tool. But it will definitely help being those low-volume DVD rips up to something more useful.
gavin32 12:05 AM - 22 July, 2011
bvcsoft mp4 video converter can help you do all you said.it can convert any videos,musics files to mp4 video format and mp3 audio format with high quality and fast speed.it can keep your original video quality and increase or decrease their volume from 105db to 75db ,the program supports MP4 Gain,MP3Gain.very great,very useful.

Hope it can help you
Good Luck
tomatoslice 1:38 PM - 22 July, 2011
bvcsoft mp4 video converter
Support OS: Windows XP/2000/Vista/Windows 7...booo

plus, it sounds like it re-renders video. if that is true, no thanks
djpuma_gemini 3:22 PM - 22 July, 2011
I'd rather have a program on the mac that can demux and remux video, but also be able to add par settings.

I have some vids that are 720x480 but not in the correct par and look stretched.
DJ Tecniq 5:25 AM - 26 July, 2011
mpegstreamclip can increase audio. works wonders
Millz 5:44 AM - 26 July, 2011
Be aware that there is a bug in the 2.3 beta that has the auto gain all screwed up. My advice is not to install it until it is fixed ;)
growingemily 5:42 AM - 24 August, 2011
i know a step by step guide on How to Increase Audio Volume Video AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, YouTube, etc at www.bigasoft.com

this guide applies to increase Audio Volume Video as well as Convert to Other Video/Audio Formats.

hope it helps more or less
DJMark 5:55 AM - 25 August, 2011
There is an immense crapload of "video conversion software" out there now that is just basically repackaged freeware, and often promoted through fake "review" sites and search-engine poisoning. Some of it may contain malware of one form or another. That goes for both Mac and Windows, by the way.

In any case, MPEGStreamclip is a well-known/trusted piece of free software that should be able to handle basic remux/demux/encodes just fine.

Importantly, if you're just doing a straight audio replacement of exactly the same length/speed/etc., it's pretty easy to use MPEGStreamclip to add the "new" audio to the original video ***without re-encoding the video stream***. As long as you have a good properly-encoded video to work with, that's definitely the way to go.
dylanspring 10:27 PM - 10 June, 2012
ddvideo video to mp4 gain can noamalize videos or musics at the same sound level.very good.
DJ Tecniq 10:10 PM - 16 June, 2012
mpegstreamclip can decrease or increase volume on videos. works like a charm.
alfredbobes 9:10 AM - 8 October, 2015
I normalize or increase mp4 volume with the following easy method at www.idealshare.net

This method helps to increase the sound volume of any video or audio files like MP4, AVI, MP3, FLV, MKV, MPG, WAV, FLAC etc
djnak 7:32 PM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
I normalize or increase mp4 volume with the following easy method at www.idealshare.net

This method helps to increase the sound volume of any video or audio files like MP4, AVI, MP3, FLV, MKV, MPG, WAV, FLAC etc

3 years late...

but in reality you do not need to do this if your videos are from a reputable source...