Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Control assign - multiple actions / macro

Johnny 1 Move 7:22 PM - 4 August, 2006
I've been playing with the TTM57 for a day now and there's one simple thing that to me would open up a whole new world - being able to assign more than one action to a control. Apologies if this has been posted before but I couldn't find it...

For example - most times when I'm scratching over a tune I want to (assuming scratching on the right deck):

1) Kill bass on the right deck
2) Assign echo to right deck
3) Set echo feedback to 10%
4) Set echo mix to 20%
5) Set echo tempo lock to left deck

If I could set one button to do all this and another to do the same but swapping left and right I'd be a very happy man.

Oh - and all the buttons in all the groups should be assignable, and the joysticks should be capable of scrolling crates or pitching the decks in internal.

Even so I'm in mixer heaven :-)
DJ Yaz 5:00 AM - 7 August, 2006
Good suggestion!
Johnny 1 Move 10:46 AM - 12 August, 2006
no one else feeling this?
nik39 7:59 PM - 12 August, 2006
Quote:
Oh - and all the buttons in all the groups should be assignable, and the joysticks should be capable of scrolling crates or pitching the decks in internal.

I like that.

The rest of your suggestion is wack IMHO. If you want it all automatical, why are you using turntables/CDs and SSL? Use some software which will do all that for you. My 2 cents.
Johnny 1 Move 9:18 PM - 12 August, 2006
I want the rest because I often find my self pressing the same sequence of buttons.

It's quite common to develop tools that help us avoid repetitive tasks. I don't want anything automatic - I want to be able to decide what settings I like for several paramaters and quickly call them up.

Thanks for the critique - I found "wack" particulary insightful.

My 2 pennies....

....which at the current exchange rate is worth more ;-)
nik39 9:30 PM - 12 August, 2006
Thats why I explained why I think they are wack.

My 2 euro cents :D
Johnny 1 Move 9:40 PM - 12 August, 2006
I would beg to differ that setting up a macro is "software doing it automatically".

I want total control of my set, however I don't want to waste time performing repetive tasks.

Serato already has lots of time-saving features. E.g. It helps me sort thorugh my record collection without lugging around - however it doesn't choose records for me.

In this context do you still see my suggestion as "cheating"?
nik39 9:46 PM - 12 August, 2006
Quote:
I would beg to differ that setting up a macro is "software doing it automatically".

Point taken.

Cheating? Still yes. I personally find this type of spinning boring. But to each his own.
Johnny 1 Move 9:55 PM - 12 August, 2006
Horses / courses

I play breaks with a turntablist twist so the interesting bit for me is scratching. At the moment I have to spend valuable scratching time pressing roughly the same sequence of buttons when I want to scratch over a tune

If a macro is cheating then using an echo at all is cheating surely? Get on those fader echoes... ;D

Of course if i'm using the effects as part of a mix I'll happily program away....

This is the main reason I still take my Pioneer 909 and SSL to gigs instead of the 57, so I'm hoping there be more supporters (I hate the fader on the Pioneer...)
nik39 10:01 PM - 12 August, 2006
Quote:
If a macro is cheating then using an echo at all is cheating surely? Get on those fader echoes...

I'm glad, I can echo even when using a different mixer than my TTM57 with a builtin echo ;)

I dont think I would use macros, that doesnt mean it wouldnt make sense for others.
Johnny 1 Move 1:29 AM - 13 August, 2006
Quote:

I'm glad, I can echo even when using a different mixer than my TTM57 with a builtin echo ;)

the long summer nights must just fly by...
nobspangle 9:01 AM - 20 August, 2006
Macro functions is a great idea. I did think of this before but forgot to post about it.
There are loads of times when I need to press 10 things at the same time. Turn off an effect, kill some bass, drop some other bass in, toggle the flexFX etc. It could be useful to program the whole sequence to one button.
TrashGordon 12:30 PM - 1 December, 2014
This feature would also be great in Serato DJ! Imagine the possibilities..
DJ-Rodrigo 5:39 AM - 13 February, 2019
hi guys, its now 4 years since last post... has anything been updated into this regard?

i haven't seen any marco assigning in serato till now..
Bornd Fono 6:48 AM - 4 March, 2019
It really IS a shame that we still have no macros, no mappable shift button and other modifiers in what claims to be the "leading dj software" in 2018. Poor show serato!