Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Importing Music

DJ-Vision 8:16 PM - 23 September, 2009
Ok so I am using NS7 with Itch and my question I have 1 folder that contains all of my music files. Within that folder I have many folders breaking down my music like crates in serato I have a Hip Hop folder Dance folder etc....so how do i import new tracks that have been added to various folders within my music library can I reimport my whole collection and serato itch will detect new files or will it duplicate my entire collection?
casket hands 10:27 PM - 23 September, 2009
well you can grab each folder and add it to the master library (it wont make dupes) and then sort by date added to find all the new tracks which you can scan and then throw in the appropriate crate.
maestromind 10:31 PM - 23 September, 2009
You can also use forum.scratchtools.de which should help you quickly port over you folder structure into crates.
kraal 12:41 AM - 24 September, 2009
we have been asking for that feature..... now there is three of us asking for it
DJdaveZ 5:45 AM - 24 September, 2009
you should drag the entire music folder onto the ALL... master crate. then you have to make crates with the names of the folders or whatever you want to name them.. then drag that particular folder into the crate. rinse and repeat. i hear there is a program on the scratchlive.com forum that someone made... maybe it works like you want. i havent tried.
Cid K 1:38 PM - 24 September, 2009
Theres more then 3 users asking for features like that. I just hope Serato will listen to us.
maestromind 2:21 PM - 24 September, 2009
Quote:
i hear there is a program on the scratchlive.com forum that someone made... maybe it works like you want. i havent tried.

Did you see the link I posted above?
Cid K 2:31 PM - 24 September, 2009
Yeah it's a good program. But still not super top notch, you need to actually enter command and scripts, and it's not totally 100% perfect with Itch/SSL.

Am having all sorts of bugs and it's not super reliable.