Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Dissapointed No Info on features in Itch 2.0

akimo 3:13 PM - 13 August, 2009
I am lost as why it's so hard to give info on a product that so many people are intrested in.I hope serato isn't as lost as me.....lol.
kraal 4:22 PM - 13 August, 2009
nope thats the nature of this business. wait till it's actually released to tell what's up. cause you never know what might delay it. remember all the release dates of the NS7 cause of uncontrollable delays it turned a few people off from buying one.

but i am waiting for the leaked footage from DJ expo :)
akimo 5:10 PM - 13 August, 2009
If video and sampler are added I will be out to buy my ns7 asap
MusicDan 5:16 PM - 13 August, 2009
Giving info on future updates is counterproductive. For example, if a certain feature doesn't work out, or is not ready for the official release, they might not include it. They might release it in 2.1, but they are not going to give you something they are not comfortable with.
If they tell you all the features now, and don't deliver then, you are going to be a lot more upset than you are now.
DJCheLu 8:19 PM - 13 August, 2009
All i want is video :)
Serato, Support
ChrisD 2:23 AM - 14 August, 2009
MusicDan is spot on with his comments.

We're not going to release feature lists until we're 100% certain that we can deliver them at a level of quality that you expect from us.

That's always been the way with Serato and I can't see it changing anytime soon.
mrddyn 11:15 AM - 14 August, 2009
That being as it is.. you have just won my 2009 "most attractive headline whilst not delivering squat" prize.

Vestax VFX-1 ITCH Effects Preview

Where are the effects previews? Eh? We have already seen that nice bit of concept art..I was looking for some sound. :)
PPIP 11:19 AM - 14 August, 2009
I als clicked the "Vestax VFX-1 ITCH Effects Preview" link in the hope to see a clip or something. I understand the point of Serato about the feature list but the headline is indeed misleading.

You can make it up by putting a video clip online with a sneak preview or something ;-)
djSammuner 12:02 PM - 14 August, 2009
Quote:
I als clicked the "Vestax VFX-1 ITCH Effects Preview" link in the hope to see a clip or something. I understand the point of Serato about the feature list but the headline is indeed misleading.

You can make it up by putting a video clip online with a sneak preview or something ;-)

+1
mrddyn 12:26 PM - 14 August, 2009
Exactly...we poor people who cannot make it to the dj expo want a sneak preview!!!
mrddyn 12:27 PM - 14 August, 2009
ps: buggy 3mpixel phone camera moving images are acceptable ;-)
akimo 1:05 PM - 14 August, 2009
the ns7 cost four times as much in my country than it cost the us I need all the info i can get before I make such a huge purchase
kraal 3:49 PM - 14 August, 2009
Quote:
the ns7 cost four times as much in my country than it cost the us I need all the info i can get before I make such a huge purchase

wait till its released before making an investment if the NS7 isnt currently matching your needs
DJdaveZ 7:22 PM - 14 August, 2009
i was at the dj expo... had a long talk with a vestax rep...

he had a working model of the effects add on.. vfx-1. he said it should be out for sale around 30 days from the expo. i was there on tuesday afternoon, and he said he had the unit and it worked, but he was waiting on the software.. he said it'll be runinng for the show tomorrow. and of course i couldnt be there to see it rock.

he said the program will most likely be 1.2 and vfx-1 will be an add on for vci-300 and ns7 users alike. it is made by vestax so it will look like the vci and not like the ns7. not sure if numark will make their own...

the program is going to become more modular. that is... if you have the vfx-1 plugged in, the effects section on the screen will then open up, just like the screen changes from the offline player to the 2 decks when you plug in the vci-300.

so obviously my next question would be this... what about video? and possibly karaoke... video is definitely on the horizon. he said they will release the vfx-1 and then once the hype starts to die down over that, we will more than likely see the release of video support. karaoke on the other hand was not really a thought. he said he was surprised with vestax being a japanese company, but he hadnt heard anything about it being supported.
akimo 9:33 PM - 14 August, 2009
after watching this video Watchwww.youtube.com
I might be buying the ns7 if all goes well
casket hands 10:00 PM - 14 August, 2009
good info dj dave, guess I'll start combing youtube for some vids to show up. cant wait to get the vfx in my hot little hands.
DJ.AJ 4:41 AM - 15 August, 2009
that was a hot video
DJdaveZ 7:22 PM - 15 August, 2009
yeah i was there.... lol... i think they said the midi is all mapped out for virtualdj..
FutureMedia 10:56 PM - 16 August, 2009
Wonder why they announce a product and then refuse us more detail of the feature set?
Dj Kabrini Greens 11:01 PM - 17 August, 2009
Quote:

Where are the effects previews? Eh? We have already seen that nice bit of concept art..I was looking for some sound. :)

+1
DJ Fokus Tokyo 2:40 AM - 18 August, 2009
As I am also working in web development, I completely understand Serato's stance on keeping a lid on things, our motto is the same UNDER PROMISE and OVER DELIVER. Which I think they have been doing a pretty good job of. I am extremely happy with version 1.1!

With that said, I too am quite anxious to hear how the new 2.0 without the vfx-1 add-on will impact us who will just be using the vci300? I hope that some of the fx will be available to people who don't purchase the unit right away. But I guess will have to wait until the official news release.

I guess one nice thing is that being in Japan, I may have the first look at this in the Vestax dealer store; maybe. Unfortunately sometimes we get things here after they are released overseas, but seeing how much hype Vestax gets in Tokyo, I am sure they will have it in stores here sometime soon. (Original news from the summer was stated at end of 2009 though).

If I hear or see it will post here.
FutureMedia 3:06 PM - 28 August, 2009
At 7:00 AM 28 August 2009 FutureMedia wrote:
So now that we have Snow Leopard released will a Serato engineer please comment on 1.1 and 2.0 Itch compatibility and feature enhancements Snow Leopard may help provide?

At 7:02 AM 28 August 2009 kraal wrote:
i am sure more testing needs to be done... when they are done testing i am sure a public announcement will be made

At 7:13 AM 28 August 2009 Cid K wrote:
Am pretty sure to take full advantage of the new Snow Leopard OS there will be alot of changes to be made insode the software. For instance, better usage for Multi Core and Multi Ram, better management, maybe based on 64bit and that new Grand Central and open CL feature (those are for Mac not sure if windows have any of those.)

Let me know what you guys think, or maybe we can bring this into a new thread...

Cheers

At 7:50 AM 28 August 2009 FutureMedia wrote:
Could everyone remember that Serato engineers have had access to development copies of and tools to develop for Snow Leopard for more than ONE YEAR? It's not like they are looking at Snow Leopard for the first time and thinking "now what should we do?" I find the level of ignorance about software development here to be astonishing.

Serato probably - and according to Cid K, a Mac expert, in an above post did - accomplish Itch 1.1 Snow Leopard compatibility. The question is did they develop Itch 2.0 specifically FOR Snow Leopard to take advantage of the items Cid K listed above. Testing has been done for months.