Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Slideshow when playing audio files.

DJ Jinnai 10:40 PM - 12 July, 2009
Don't know if this has been asked:

While mixing video, it would be cool If there was a way to display jpg/bmp/gif/png/etc. files in a slideshow format when mixing an audio only track.

Put all your pics in a folder, assign the folder parth for Video-SL to locate, and display pictures when you are mixing a audio only file like mp3/wav/ogg/aiff/etc. That way any song you play, no matter what format, will have some sort of visual output.

And picture effects like fade, dissolve, swipe, etc would really be good as well.
djchrischip 9:14 AM - 13 July, 2009
+1 on this maybe
DJ Jinnai 10:16 AM - 13 July, 2009
Ideas would be displaying a DJ logo, logo of the club/venue, pics for a family reunion, wedding pics, text, image that says "NO REQUESTS" (lol), and so much more.
serkan 8:57 PM - 19 July, 2009
Quote:

image that says "NO REQUESTS" (lol)

Good one :)
MÃ¥nsteri 11:19 PM - 19 July, 2009
You can do this with Quartz Composer if you are on a mac.
DJ Jinnai 6:03 PM - 10 December, 2009
YAY! it's going to be a NEW feature on the next VIDEO-SL!!!!! Super happy that I have contributed something to VSL that is considered! :D
nik39 3:09 AM - 11 December, 2009
Quote:
YAY! it's going to be a NEW feature on the next VIDEO-SL!!!!! Super happy that I have contributed something to VSL that is considered! :D

Where does it say that?
DJ Jinnai 11:18 PM - 24 December, 2009
in the beta threads
nik39 11:45 AM - 26 December, 2009
Quote:
in the beta threads

Ah... nope.
DJ Jinnai 7:24 AM - 1 January, 2010
All new Image effects
These work exactly like the text effects. You access them through the effects panel of the setup area which will now have an 'image' button. Click on 'browse' and find the image you want to use. We currently support JPG and PNG images only

There is one known functionality issue which is that it is difficult to set the size for the image. It should use the native size of the image with relation to the quality settings you have (i.e. if you are on medium and want the image to take up the whole area it should be 512x512 pixels if you want it in the bottom right corner it should be more like 128x128).
This feature requires the final version of Scratch Live 1.9.2 or higher to work
DJ Jinnai 7:27 AM - 1 January, 2010
well, at least part of the vision is implemented... i was hoping for a whole folder worth of pics full of hundreds of pics displayed in a slideshow...
radikarl 11:09 AM - 20 August, 2011
Shakie 6:52 PM - 6 October, 2015
Displaying one picture is a great effort. A real slideshow ... priceless!