Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Visual Beat Adjustements Feature To Maintain Mix

Jenghis 10:43 PM - 7 October, 2015
I have switched from Traktor software (S2 MKII) to Serato DJ software (NS7 MKII).

Still finding my feet - In Traktor whilst mixing 2 tracks there is a green bar with a marker in the middle of the bar. This marker moves slowly left or right letting you know the beats are going out of sync. Making tiny adjustments to the relevant platter moves the marker back into the centre indicating the beats are locked again.

Please can you add this feature to Serato DJ - Should be easy to add!!

Thanks..
Konix 2:50 PM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:

Please can you add this feature to Serato DJ - Should be easy to add!!

No it's not a simple easy thing to add.

Besides, the beat match waveform in Serato (the little waveform ticks between the main large waveforms) is pretty much the same thing as the phase meter in Traktor, and serves the same purpose. If they're not aligned, you'll know which song/deck is ahead/behind and know which one you need to nudge to speed up/slow down to get them back aligned.
DJ Cyrix 3:22 PM - 8 October, 2015
Indeed, that's exactly what the beat match waveform does. Should only be used as a fallback though, you really should try beatmatching by ear.
Jenghis 5:47 PM - 8 October, 2015
Thank you for your responses - Very much appreciated.

I mix by ear, but sometimes I'm so busy on the controller a quick glance at the screen allows me to make a very fine adjustment without having to break away from the EQ / Gain adjustments etc.

Also mixing with this visual cue does allow you to focus other elements and gives your set a very natural feel and keeps you involved.

I never use sync, and do not plan on doing so - Certainly from my experience the set becomes rather robotic and sounds a little manufactured!!
AlxRyde 6:11 AM - 9 October, 2015
I think the feature is called the Phase Meter? I found it fairly useful in Traktor, although the lack of it Serato forces me to mix by ear more (imo a little more organic). Some might find it useful though.
DJ Cyrix 6:54 AM - 9 October, 2015
If that's the case - for it to be a quick visual check only - then it is no different from Serato's beat match waveform, or is it? I used Traktor too by the way, so I know what the phase meter is. And to be honest, it was indeed a quick useful visual confirmation. But again, the beat match waveform does the exact same thing.
Jenghis 1:30 PM - 9 October, 2015
Definitely will check out beat match waveform and report back.

Would be good to see a something similar to a Phase Meter in Serato DJ.

Konix - From a development perspective it is an easy and simple function to incorporate. It's all down to cost - I have managed many complex software development projects.

This is far from complex..