Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Metronome/Click track - output via internal Sound-card

Ilzzy 7:40 AM - 12 May, 2009
When playing backing tracks in conjunction with a live band I'd love to be able to output a metronome/Click track to the band to make it easier for them to stay in time with the backing track I'm running off serato..

a bpm analysis of the backing track would need to be made in order to base the click track on or.... a user defined bpm field would be great cos if you produced the backing track your gonna know the bpm.

and a adjustable count in of 1 to 2 bars would be great

if the click track were to output off the internal sound-card then it could easily be connected to an external mixer and in turn onto the band members without coming out of the searto outputs for the audience

Would make my life a hell of allot easier

Cheers for listening
BenFunktion 2:04 AM - 3 July, 2013
agreed, i've just posted a similar request
Dr0p 2:18 PM - 4 July, 2013
bump
WarpNote 9:26 PM - 9 July, 2013
You know you can already do this with the bridge, right?
forty 3:06 AM - 10 July, 2013
I'm assuming you want to do this as the backing track has no percussion/drums.

If you have an SL3, you could create a click track in a couple of minutes in any DAW and just load it up as an audio file in SSL and output it on the 3rd deck which would still leave you with a traditional 2 deck setup.

If you're running an SL2/SL1 then obviously you'll have to sacrifice a deck to do this, but it's still doable.
BenFunktion 2:47 PM - 20 May, 2014
Quote:
You know you can already do this with the bridge, right?

it's rubbish - well sloppy and all over the shop.. Ableton struggles to keep accurate sync when bridged to serato to be honest.
Argonaut.Wasp 2:26 AM - 1 October, 2014
Couldn't agree more - any thought on this? This would be a game changer for incorporating samples/djing into traditional bands!
WarpNote 9:28 PM - 2 October, 2014
Now that SDJ has taken over, wouldnt you be able to have a clicktrack running on deck 4, and just sync it to the playing deck?
studiopaul2 10:39 PM - 15 December, 2016
any updates on this..i have tour dates that i may have switch back to Traktor purchased a bunch of serato and pioneer stuff and was stunned not to se this option.