DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Numark NV or Pioneer DDJ-SR

DJ B-West 1:06 AM - 1 September, 2015
I'm a mobile dj that preforms at birthday parties, dances, and other functions.
I generally play trap, hip-hop/rap, dance and, pop for a crowd of 50-250.
From the research that I've done, it seems like the nv has a lot more features but is it worth the extra $100. I would consider the Pioneer DDJ-SX2 as well.
Which one would be better?
Thanks
dj_soo 9:47 AM - 1 September, 2015
The NV feels cheap and brittle. I'd go with the SR myself.

SX2 would be the best bet.
pdidy 6:10 PM - 1 September, 2015
ddj-sx2
the end.......
Joee 7:43 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
ddj-sx2
the end.......

lol……you know about 4 years ago you would have never said that

so do you see yourself running the sx more for your mobile gigs vs the 12's / cdj's ?
pdidy 8:30 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
ddj-sx2
the end.......

lol……you know about 4 years ago you would have never said that

so do you see yourself running the sx more for your mobile gigs vs the 12's / cdj's ?

It will never substitute for 12's but I have used it in place of cdj's+62 on a few occasions where skills was not a priority.
Joee 8:34 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
It will never substitute for 12's but I have used it in place of cdj's+62 on a few occasions where skills was not a priority.

i use to think like that…..nowadays it's all about making sure the music sounds good the people are having fun

while working less just pay me & i'm good, i don't need to impress with turntables anymore, i do have the occasional client that says i want you to use turntables i like how it looks , when i inform them that there will be a extra charge they forget all about TT
DJ B-West 9:50 PM - 1 September, 2015
If I wanted to stick between the NV and the SR which one would you recommend
Joee 9:56 PM - 1 September, 2015
sr all day
Joee 9:56 PM - 1 September, 2015
i would recommend you put the inno fader mini in it