DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Flex FX increasing volume

DJ Stutta 3:24 PM - 18 August, 2015
I just started using Flex FX with the 61 and SSL 2.5 (internal software effects) and whenever I turn on the Flex FX it increases the overall volume, turn it off volume decreases. Increasing the wet will increase volume and decreasing will decrease volume also.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:50 PM - 20 August, 2015
Hey Stutta,

Put the Wet/Dry slider on the 61 all the way to Wet.
Depending on the effect you are using the audio still may get louder.
In that case make sure the wet/dry knob in the software doesn't go past the 12 o'clock position.
DJ Stutta 5:43 PM - 20 August, 2015
Thanks for the help.

But the volume still gets noticeably louder when Mixer is set to all the way wet and also when the SSL is never over halfway. I mean its a lot louder on every single one them?
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:12 PM - 20 August, 2015
Can you control how loud it gets with the wet/dry in the software?
What firmware version is installed on your mixer?
This can be found in the 61's preference pane via System Preferences (Mac) or the Control Panel (PC).

If you can click the update firmware tab, do so and retest.
DJ Stutta 10:12 PM - 28 August, 2015
Adjusting the wet and dry does adjust the volume too slightly, but even if the its all the way on dry it gets much louder when you hit that flexfx button. No matter what effect is on.

I wasn't able to find the Firmware via system preferences but under Setup in SSL it says it's v.1.12, do not see an update firmware option.
Rane, Support
Zach S 3:38 PM - 1 September, 2015
It may help if you created a short video linked to it here.

I'd like to see your SSL screen when activating an effect and the top board of the mixer.

Hopefully that will shed some light on what is happening.