DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

TTM57MKII and Mountain Lion Issue, Will it be fixed?

DJ Michael Basic 7:35 PM - 10 August, 2015
As I understand it...Serato says the issue with the ttm57MKII and Serato DJ on Mountain Lion where after a set amount of time depending on the buffer setting, the audio gets garbled and starts to crackle (confirmed to still exist on 1.7.7) is not an issue with Serato DJ.

Does that make it a firmware issue? If so, is it something that is on Rane's Radar to fix?

I've had my ttm57mkII since the day it came out and I've used it once, and since then its been collecting dust because I can't play out with it. I'm not interested in upgrading to Yosemite at this point because there are other audio issues that come with it.

So, Zach or anyone else from Rane...is this something that is going to be fixed or are my options to upgrade my OS or get a different mixer?
PopRoXxX 8:07 PM - 10 August, 2015
Depending on your machine:

But I've been on Yosemite with no issues at all on my 57mkII for some time now. (Just the midi conflict issue regarding the 57mkII's cue points vs other OSA devices)
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:36 PM - 11 August, 2015
The distortion issue you are experiencing is getting looked into although I can't tell you when it might be fixed.
If you aren't using Scratch Live I would suggest updating to Yosemite.
If you are using SSL than update to 10.9.
DJ Michael Basic 10:00 PM - 11 August, 2015
Yeah I still use SSL at the majority of spots I play at. I'll look into 10.9, thanks!
Culprit 2:13 PM - 14 August, 2015
Basic, i use ssl and 10.10.5 and have zero issues. What mbp are you running.
DJ Michael Basic 6:10 PM - 14 August, 2015
Quote:
Basic, i use ssl and 10.10.5 and have zero issues. What mbp are you running.

Hey Culprit...I have a late 2011 mbp.

The issue in question is apparently specifically with 10.8, SDJ and the ttm57mkii.

There are a few reasons I'd rather stick with 10.8 at the moment...and since I don't plan on using the mixer until midi mapping is opened anyway, I'm gonna hold out until that happens to decide if I want to upgrade or not.

I don't like the idea of being forced to upgrade when there are known issues that I could be upgrading into. I've downloaded Yosemite and Mavericks so once midi mapping opens up, if this issue isn't fixed, I'll make a decision about what my next move will be.
Culprit 6:50 PM - 14 August, 2015
Got it
AKIEM 12:45 AM - 15 August, 2015
my cash is collecting interest :(
pdidy 4:43 AM - 19 August, 2015
Quote:
my cash is collecting interest :(

which is a known cost of being an early adopter
DJ Michael Basic 10:36 PM - 27 October, 2015
Any word on a fix? With midi mapping opening up next SDJ update, I'd really like to be able to use the mixer I still have collecting dust.

Especially given that things don't work correctly with the current OS, things not working on an OS that's a few versions back is not an acceptable excuse.

Don't take that as me being an irate customer...I'm just saying that if updating to the current version of the OS isn't a workable issue, I shouldn't be told that using mountain lion isn't either.
PopRoXxX 10:44 PM - 27 October, 2015
I have never had a problem whatsoever with Yosemite, SDJ and the new 57mkII since the day it was released.

Just update your OS
DJ Michael Basic 8:39 AM - 28 October, 2015
Quote:
I have never had a problem whatsoever with Yosemite, SDJ and the new 57mkII since the day it was released.

Just update your OS

I may end up doing that...however, until 1.8 drops there isn't a reason for me to since I won't use the mkII until I can midi map the joysticks, so in the meanwhile, I'll continue to ask if a fix for what has been recognized by both Rane and Serato as a bug.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:45 PM - 28 October, 2015
Hey Michael,

What we've found is the issue seems to happen more frequently with 10.8 but can still happen with Yosemite. In our testing, as long as the USB audio buffer isn't set too low it doesn't occur with SDJ and Yosemite.
DJ Michael Basic 6:12 PM - 30 October, 2015
Well, I I finally decided to upgrade to Yosemite.

Yesterday was a miserable day. Apparently with Yosemite they added a disk check to the installation, and even though my computer was running absolutely fine on Mountain Lion, Yosemite decided something was wrong with my hard drive and wouldn't install. Unfortunately once you start the install process, you can't revert back, so I was stuck.

Ended up buying a new hard drive, installing yosemite onto it, dropping my old drive into an external case, copying everything over and now all is well, but man, how annoying.

Anyway, My computer is back up and running, all files are as they should be, and I've set up the midi on the 57mkII the way I want it. Running a test on buffer setting 2 (which is where I've always had SSL) to make sure that the issue doesn't present itself still, and so far all seems well. I'll likely use the mixer at my gig tonight and see how things go.
PopRoXxX 6:42 PM - 30 October, 2015
Quote:
Anyway, My computer is back up and running, all files are as they should be, and I've set up the midi on the 57mkII the way I want it. Running a test on buffer setting 2 (which is where I've always had SSL) to make sure that the issue doesn't present itself still, and so far all seems well. I'll likely use the mixer at my gig tonight and see how things go.

Wow! What a nightmare of a time. I can attest though ..... my buddy over here has been having me help him try to upgrade to Yosemite from Lion. Apple makes it so hard to get a previous OS full install when it's never been present on the machine in the past after a newer OS has already been released to the public.

Glad you got it all sorted out though! Bet you're going to have some fun times ahead of you now ;)
Culprit 3:42 AM - 2 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Wow! What a nightmare of a time. I can attest though ..... my buddy over here has been having me help him try to upgrade to Yosemite from Lion. Apple makes it so hard to get a previous OS full install when it's never been present on the machine in the past after a newer OS has already been released to the public.

Glad you got it all sorted out though! Bet you're going to have some fun times ahead of you now ;)

Pretty nuts.. ive never had an issue. Are you guys running SSD drives yet?
PopRoXxX 6:16 AM - 2 November, 2015
SSD that came with/in my 15" MBP Retina