Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Serato DJ support for more mixers

DJ Teknovibe 9:46 AM - 28 July, 2015
I have a Denon DN-X1600 and I think it's about time now Serato offered support for it and the DN-X600 because a lot of people wanna move from Native Instruments Traktor Scratch Pro which has constant problems with regads to timecode use and move to Serato DJ, me being one of theose people. But I refuse to spend yet more money, another £230 to buy the Denon DS1 just to be able to use Serato DJ when my DN-X1600 has a built in audio interface that could be used if Serato just offered support for it.

Please Serato, offer support for more mixers including cheaper USB mixers because then people who own chepaer USB mixers wouldn't have to spend more money buying the Denon DS1. I think Serato should include support for the Denon DN-X mixers I mentioned, it's obviously going to make Serato far more popular than Traktor Scratch Pro. I think Serato should offer support for the Denon mixers, American Audio DV2 USB, Stanton RM416 and Allen & Heath Xone 23C.
Davideon 1:36 PM - 28 July, 2015
Quote:
American Audio DV2 USB, Stanton RM416

Ok
DJ Teknovibe 1:55 PM - 28 July, 2015
Are you saying people who own those cheap mixers shouldn't be allowed to use Serato without buying one of the Scratch Live bundles with the SL2, SL3, SL4 audio interfaces or buying a new mixer that supports Serato DJ?
Davideon 3:21 PM - 28 July, 2015
Quote:
Are you saying people who own those cheap mixers shouldn't be allowed to use Serato without buying one of the Scratch Live bundles with the SL2, SL3, SL4 audio interfaces or buying a new mixer that supports Serato DJ?

Yes. If they wAnt to use sdj they can. But I sure wouldn't want serato wasting time and money developing such support for those amateur mixers which probably account for 0.000001% of the market.

They have no plans for the mp2015 so doubt they'll consider those.
DJ Teknovibe 5:41 PM - 28 July, 2015
And I shouldn't think that many people have Allen & Heath Xone 43C mixers considering their very high price but Serato offer support for it. Far more people have low price dj mixers than people that have mixers coting £800 or more.
deejdave 1:31 AM - 29 July, 2015
I wouldn't even think people who own these mixers have any interest in Serato. If they did they probably wouldn't have purchased them in the first place, no?

I mean by all means you are more than welcome to ask as that is what this area is for. I just like to remind of one thing. Is the juice worth the squeeze? I am thinking no here.

I am not sure targeting cheap mixers is the target audience Serato is going for nor do I think it would help them in the long haul. Let us also not forget that along with cheap mixers there will probably be a plethora of cheap laptops with users now pointing the finger at Serato for things not working. Does this sound far fetched in any way?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:22 AM - 29 July, 2015
"Mixtrack pro" but Serato isn't targeting cheap mixers.......... That shit is as cheap as they come.

Come on guys get off the high horse already......
Tommy Deem 1:25 PM - 29 July, 2015
Quote:
"Mixtrack pro" but Serato isn't targeting cheap mixers.......... That shit is as cheap as they come.

LOOOOOL xD If that's an mixer I'm totally confused then, I was living in that I know what is controller and what is mixer xD
deejdave 9:05 PM - 29 July, 2015
I honestly would have assumed he knew that was a controller as he usually knows his stuff. I literally have no idea why an apple was just thrown into a pile of oranges.
DJ RODDY G 10:03 PM - 2 August, 2015
Add my voice to request support for Denon DN X-1600. I won't even mention the technical specs of that mixer. I'm just looking at fact the door openend when they boxed the DS1... So be nice n accept the mixer. Thanks.
Tommy Deem 10:57 AM - 3 August, 2015
Maybe when Denon bring new and better mixer, maybe then.
serkan 8:45 PM - 3 August, 2015
Quote:

It's not that easy, sir.

You can buy a cheap controller and you do receive their entry level app Serato DJ Intro.
If you want professional features you will have to buy Serato DJ.

So if you buy a cheap mixer you get... well nothing.
If you want to use DVS you will have to buy an interface by Rane or Denon DJ.

Plus: It has to be considered that for a DVS setup you need a mixer and two turntables. We all know that a good turntable already costs more than an SDJ Intro controller.

So from my point of view your point makes no sense.
DJ Teknovibe 5:07 PM - 9 August, 2015
Quote:
Maybe when Denon bring new and better mixer, maybe then.

Are you having a laugh pal? Denon's DN-X1600 is in my opinion better than Pioneer's equivilent and the DN-X600 is better than the Pioneer DJM-T1. Pioneer are overated, Denon are much better. But Rane wee wee on both Pioneer and Denon for built and sound quality.
Tommy Deem 6:52 PM - 9 August, 2015
Lol....