Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Video auto playing different tracks

Douglas Budde 7:35 PM - 22 July, 2015
Hy guys;

I would like to know if serato video can play videos( just visuals, no sound) from a pre determined folder on the background, while I mix tunes from my playlists.

Thanks
Code:E 1:05 AM - 23 July, 2015
Its called the media folder. Check the manual out for more info.
Douglas Budde 9:19 PM - 24 July, 2015
Hummm...
what I mean is videos playing aleatory on the screen while I DJ with the normal Serato screen...
Code:E 10:11 PM - 24 July, 2015
Quote:
Hummm...
what I mean is videos playing aleatory on the screen while I DJ with the normal Serato screen...

You need to go into far more detail. I have no Idea what you are talking about.
DJ Ravien 2:19 AM - 1 August, 2015
Yes, just as Code:E said, Just add whatever movie files you want to the media folder then turn on the media crate in the SV's options. You can select random if you want the videos to be chosen at random or "aleatory" as you so eloquently put it.

You don't have to do anything but DJ after that point. It will assign a video from the media folder to any mp3 that doesn't already have a video assigned. Make sure you have the cross-fader or up-fader linked it will bring in the new video when you slide them. You can also choose to select random transitions.
Douglas Budde 8:50 PM - 1 August, 2015
Hi Guys...sorry for the delay...my laptop screen was damaged...
Dj Ravine is on the right track... I have scoured youtube looking for a tutorial but could not find it...
1- create a folder w/ the videos
2- Use the browse function and drag the folder in to SERATO tree... (like we do with the tunes
3- Drag one video to each channel
4- I press play but the videos comes to an end and doesnt upload the next one randomly...

Argh!!
djnak 11:52 PM - 1 August, 2015
are you just trying to play videos with no Audio???If So Mix Emergency might be a better option as it can be a stand alone player... If not put videos in media crate folder and leave them there.....when you load a mp3 with no video attached it will automatically grab a video at random there is no need to drag and drop the videos...