Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

What mac should I buy to run Serato and Serato video

christoff 7:35 AM - 1 July, 2015
So I have a MacBook Pro 13 with 16ram and 1tb ssd hd. By the sounds of it it's not enough.?
Is mix emergency the better alternative? For my spec of computer I got an email with a discount code ages ago and dismissed it, I don't suppose anyone have a code? Also what spec would be the better choice to run Serato video?
skinnyguy 7:39 AM - 1 July, 2015
Yes, mix emergency is much better. Leagues ahead of the rest.

Get the mbp with discrete graphics card. Unfortunately, it's only in the most expensive one. It's all about the graphics card.
Code:E 5:51 PM - 1 July, 2015
Quote:
By the sounds of it it's not enough.?

Its not. And ME will work better on your computer that Serato Video I still think you should ditch that computer and get the one with the dedicated video card.
christoff 5:48 PM - 4 July, 2015
Hi thanks for the help guys

so i went and bought a 15" macbook pro mid 2012 so i can move my 16ram and 1tb over from my 13" i hope the video card is sufficient i can't find the details on my new macbook to compare them
skinnyguy 6:29 PM - 4 July, 2015
what's the model #?
Dj Tucci 8:22 PM - 4 July, 2015
virtual dj its better for videos than serato video that its cost 150$ only for the plugin, i try this two softwares and set for the best resolution and vdj respond better
Code:E 10:24 PM - 4 July, 2015
Quote:
virtual dj its better for videos than serato video that its cost 150$ only for the plugin, i try this two softwares and set for the best resolution and vdj respond better

On PC I agree with you. on a Mac not so much.

They your whole theory get nuked when we start talking about using Mix Emergency rather than Serato Video. ME is light years ahead of everything else out there no matter what OS you are on.
Code:E 10:25 PM - 4 July, 2015
Quote:
so i went and bought a 15" macbook pro mid 2012 so i can move my 16ram and 1tb

It should work just fine. You might not be able to run other things liek the Bridge or Resolume at the same time. But as for video with ME or Serato video you should be all good to go.
Dj Tucci 10:53 PM - 4 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

They your whole theory get nuked when we start talking about using Mix Emergency rather than Serato Video. ME is light years ahead of everything else out there no matter what OS you are on.

I have a MacBook Pro retina 15 2014 and Vdj it's better for video mixing, I use only 1080p videos, in serato video I put in 1080p best option and it's horrible
Code:E 11:39 PM - 4 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have a MacBook Pro retina 15 2014 and Vdj it's better for video mixing, I use only 1080p videos, in serato video I put in 1080p best option and it's horrible

I would need prof you are getting better performance. Buit you could be right. But the point is moot since ME is far beyond anything VDJ or Serato Video can do.