Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Recording with Pioneer DDJ-SB and Surface Pro 3

SHARPST 6:44 PM - 17 June, 2015
I have watched all the videos and read all of the forums on this subject, and still cannot figure it out with my particular setup.

I have:

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (With Docking Station)
Pioneer DDJ-SB Controller
External Speakers
All the cords you would possibly need for this

I can play fine on an external speaker, but I cannot get the recording to take place on Audaacity. I have tried going from the master out (RCA) to the headphone jack in the monitor (AUX). I have tried going from the mic in the controller (1/4 in.) into the headphone jack of the monitor (AUX). I have tried plugging bot of those into the docking station itself. I still cannot figure out how it works! If someone could post a video obviously that would be of great help, but if anyone could walk me through this it would be much appreciated!

SHARPST
JMann 11:50 PM - 24 July, 2015
I personally don't use audacity, I use the built in recorder in Serato DJ (the full version).
I'm assuming you're using the Free, or Intro version, Am I correct?

But try using a Y Adapter from both master outputs (Left and right), To yield four wires, and send two to your speaks (left and right), and a left and right to the mic input of the device.
Or use 1 speaker, and send the other to the input of your device. it doesn't really matter in my opinion.
This is what i did when I had the free version, years ago.