DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

The TTM57-MKII, glitches and switch over questions?

PhatSoul 4:07 PM - 10 June, 2015
A couple of dj friends of mine have been using the new 57. Since we're restricted to using Serato Dj (1.7.5), we've have experienced many sound glitches and sound drop outs when swappig laptops over. I definitely understand certain issues when a product comes out but the randomness is what worry me from considering it as future purchase.
For those who have been using it, have you discovered which Mac laptops/OSX are better or more compatible?
Why are there swap over issues and have Rane took action on resolving these issue?
Thanks!
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:43 PM - 10 June, 2015
Hey PhatSoul,

This is the first we've heard of this but we're definitely keen on fixing any issues.
Can you give us the specs and OS versions on the computers you are using?
I'd like to try to reproduce the problem and let our engineer team know.

PhatSoul 5:09 PM - 10 June, 2015
Thanks for your prompt response! II know of one OS having issue, OSX Yosemite. I apologize in knowing it would've been helpful to have more detailed information ready. However, me and some djs (four different Macs) will be getting together tonight to take notes on the performance issue. I will report back later with details, specs or anything that we ourselves discovered.
Thanks again for your service and more importantly, your time!