Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

NS7 ii vs DDJ SX2 vs DDJ SZ

DJ Smileyy 5:24 AM - 4 June, 2015
Hey guys, first time posting for me. I am looking to slim down my setup for weddings and bar gigs and such. Currently I use a Rane 62 and two Tech 1200's. I am just pushing a little over 30 years old and gotta say, i'm tired of lugging 3 flight cases around for my decks and mixer. Looking for the best overall creative controller and something to have fun with. I'm not a huge fan of controllers that feel like toys, and I feel these 3 would potentially suit me best. I know the NS7 ii is a little heavy, but paired with a soft case really would not be any heavier than one tech 1200 in a flight case. The thing about that that gets me is the moving platters. I have never been a huge fan of the pioneer platters, but recently got some play on an XDJ and didn't mind it. Basically looking for some feedback from owners as the nearest guitar center is 3 hours away and doesnt even have all 3 on demo.... I know the NS7 III comes out soon too, but really only looks like minor updates and the screens, I have the ipad app so... screens aren't a huge deal and im thinking there may be deals to be had on the NS7 ii as it only has 2 months left until it is surpassed in model number. Sorry for the rant. Any tips, thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Silver Foxx Sound 12:45 PM - 22 June, 2015
Hay I have had the same problem you have with wanting a unity that will give me the feel and look of my two 1210. Now I end up getting the DDJ S1, and Now I have the DDJ SR, I use them for all my small party and I big shows I still bring out the two 1210. The was I got over it was to look at the as a new kind of DJ. The funny thing is now I can get more when I bring out the 1210 and I get the same thing when I bring out DDJ SR. Hope this help you.this is just a video I did on the two
DDJ S1 vs DDJ SR: youtu.be
ItsCraigo 7:23 PM - 2 July, 2015
Vestax VCI380 inbetween my two 1210's. It's also a hardware mixer with hardware EQ's and filter etc. It's all metal construction, has needle search, proper sized rubber buttons, large adjustable platters with LED's etc. They don't make them anymore as Vestax went out of business, but my god it's a serious piece of kit if you can get one. I got mine nearly new for £250. It's also hardware licensed for Serato DJ for free which in itself costs nearly £100.

I'm confident I could rock that on it's own without my 1210's but it sits neatly between them.