DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

I Wish I Could Connect My 57MKii to Scratch Live Like My 62 Rane why???

EAZYATM 5:21 PM - 27 May, 2015
I wanna know why serato & rane implemented and made it compatible for scratch live and serato dj to connect and work with the rane 62 mixer, works fine on both softwares but why they did not add this feature to work on the rane ttm57 MKii. Is there any possible way i can crate a mapping or is there some type of solution rane or serato will provide some time in the future?????

P.S. Any one from serato can answer this for me please!!!
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:20 PM - 27 May, 2015
Hey Eazy,

Scratch Live is essentially dead. Serato is no longer updating that program to work with any hardware. All their efforts are going into Serato DJ. The only hardware that will work with Scratch Live is the older units.
EAZYATM 6:33 PM - 27 May, 2015
Ok i understand now that i got you attention you need to implement more and some of the features from scratch live just this one feature...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put back when you load a track set you bp to w/e +1.0% or +5.0% etc when in sl if you make a instant double the second track loads the same bpm if i decide to load a totally different song around the same bpm the bp stays the same it does not reset to 0% this is a good feature in sl it helps you mix faster know you don't have to set the bp again...

but in serato dj every time you load a new track the bp resets to 0 or past previous bpm it never stays the same like in sl why is this can you fix this problem PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE in your next update for serato dj!!!
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:55 PM - 27 May, 2015
Serato DJ has the instant double feature which does exactly as you're wanting.
Just make sure 'Instant Doubles" is checked in the Setup screen.
EAZYATM 4:41 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Serato DJ has the instant double feature which does exactly as you're wanting.
Just make sure 'Instant Doubles" is checked in the Setup screen.

It does not... if I'm using SL and i load a track to deck one and set the bpm to +4.0% and then now deck two is empty if i load a instant double it will load if i load a totally different song the bp will stay the sam it does not reset to 0.0% if i load a new different track...
Now if i use SDJ and i do the same thing as before the different track would always reset to 0.0% try it and get back to me... It will only take you 2min... PLEASE AND THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN!!!
AKIEM 4:58 PM - 3 June, 2015
Do you mean 'instant double' to a deck in INT mode?
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:27 PM - 3 June, 2015
Ok.. tested this and, yes, you are correct in saying that the pitch slider goes to zero but the pitch of the doubled song is the same as the initial song which is the important part.
The slider going to zero on the side you are doubling to is a good thing as it gives you more resolution (ie you have more room to pitch up/down the doubled track).
This is not a bug.. its a feature.
AKIEM 6:38 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
Ok.. tested this and, yes, you are correct in saying that the pitch slider goes to zero but the pitch of the doubled song is the same as the initial song which is the important part.
The slider going to zero on the side you are doubling to is a good thing as it gives you more resolution (ie you have more room to pitch up/down the doubled track).

If deck one is REL +4% and I 'instant double' to deck two INT it will NOT also be +4 ?
It will instead be at +0% ???

Is that correct?

(sorry if this is a dif issue)
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:41 PM - 3 June, 2015
The virtual pitch slider will be at 0 but the pitch of the doubled song will be the same (which is shown inside the virtual turntable).
AKIEM 6:45 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
So when you instant doubles the tracks are totally out of sync?

LOL - I haven't tried SDJ yet. (AMX on the way since I won't be purchasing a MKII yet) So I am just asking about whats happening.

I assume they will by in sync, but is it correct that the pitch is not also mirrored? So you can instant double, they will be in sync, yet will be two different speeds?
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:49 PM - 3 June, 2015
If they were two different speeds they would be out of sync. The internal pitch slider sits in a relative position. This is a feature which gives you more resolution on the pitch slider after instant doubling a track.
AKIEM 6:59 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:
If they were two different speeds they would be out of sync. The internal pitch slider sits in a relative position. This is a feature which gives you more resolution on the pitch slider after instant doubling a track.

Got it, I think (as long as the tracks are the same speed after ID). This was actually feature I suggested long ago if it is what I think it is. cool.
AKIEM 7:08 PM - 3 June, 2015
No wait, that wasn't what I suggested. My suggestion was returning to REL the current speed would be the new 0
RMAN 1:30 PM - 5 June, 2015
I didnt get it. What is the difference between SSL et SDJ about instant double and internal pitch ?
Culprit 7:12 AM - 17 June, 2015
I would like an option to turn off that feature if possible. I want to see the pitch rate like in ssl
Culprit 7:12 AM - 17 June, 2015
I will not use sync
EAZYATM 7:56 PM - 27 July, 2015
Quote:

I dont unerstand if it was in sl why not add it to sdj the reason why i like that feature if i decide to play reggae music being that the riddim is the same bpm it makes it easier to mix other songs on the same riddim on the fly a.k.a juggling Please add it back in the next update i swear if i had a job up there i know i could help yall out at serato with my ideas i been using serato since 05
EAZYATM 8:04 PM - 27 July, 2015
Quote:
I didnt get it. What is the difference between SSL et SDJ about instant double and internal pitch ?

In int mode in sl when you load a song to deck A and the bpm to 3.0 amd play the song and load another song to deck B and both songs are the same bpm but deck B bpm is loaded and set to 0 for me to quickly set deck B's pitch all i had to do was a instant doubles and then the picth would be set to 3.0 then reload the song quickly and mix right away simple its alot faster then always having to set your pitch slider to the right pitch in sdj every song you load alway set to 0% unless you use the mouse to set you bpm speed if you use keyboard shortcut "e" or "r" it will reser to 0 try it out!!!