Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Beat Grid Matching

Vasilis Syro 6:05 AM - 22 April, 2015
I guess is great suggestion for the next update 1.7.6, the beat Grid Matching, like synchronize button but matching only bpm. Traktor already has it!
I hope to you will understand what i mean!
DJ Compiler 2:42 PM - 22 April, 2015
I believe that would be simple sync in the settings with snap to beat grid turned off
Vasilis Syro 2:50 PM - 22 April, 2015
Mey be something like that would be right! But i don't need sync button, Ι think that if it has just beat grid button it will must be the best and the most convenient solution!
Heltino 5:07 PM - 22 April, 2015
I don´t get it. (even after 7 years with Traktor :))
What do you mean?
Today SDJ has sync and smart sync.
sync = sync the BPM (in Traktor Tempo Sync)
smart sync = sync BPM and grid (in Traktor Beat Sync)

How do you mean "sync the grid but only the bpm"?
Vasilis Syro 5:17 PM - 22 April, 2015
I mean, when i playing music i want a button to make the bpm from the next track, same with playing track, without lock the bpm or lock nothing else, just to set same the bpm. I guess something like the sync, you have said. This option makes djs play music faster. Now do you understand what i mean?
I am sorry but i don't speak english very well.
DJ Compiler 6:19 PM - 22 April, 2015
Try what I said. I believe that is the behavior you are referring to. It will make the BPM the same for the tracks but it won't align the beats automatically.
Heltino 6:25 PM - 22 April, 2015
I´m a German and as well no champion in English, don´t apologize :)

I believe DJ compiler is right. Did you check the settings?
What setting do you have for sync in SDJ?
Switching smart sync to simple sync should solve your issue
Vasilis Syro 6:35 PM - 22 April, 2015
Now i feel better for my english :)
First of all i want to believe you have already understanded my problem :P
Look. I have 3 different option in my serato setup.

1)Sync Off
2)Simple sync with or without snap to beat grid
3)Smart sync with or without maintain sync on track load.

Now i play music with sync off couse when i house the 2nd option the grid in greek songs is wherever it want and defiantly not the right bar! Exactly the same problem i have when i loop a bar like 4 beat, that really pissed me off! I never try the 3rd option to be honest as i never try the compiler's suggestion.
Davideon 9:13 PM - 22 April, 2015
Answer: use your ears
Heltino 9:32 PM - 22 April, 2015
I still can´t follow :)

there is as well an option to setup how the quantize is working. 1 beat, 1/4 of a beat, 1/16 of a beat...

did you test this?

what I still no get is what exactly you like to have.
what is there:
sync off = use your ears
simple sync = tempo is synced, use your ears to match
smart sync = if the grids are well placed, just bring it in in time and it is synced

on top you can adjust the quantize mode what effects the smart sync. react on 1 beat, 1/4 of a beat and whatever.

So for me it is hard to understand what is exactly missing for you. In my world I can do, with the given options, whatever I like.
more myself, less myself...if smart sync...how should this meet the grid (1 beat, 1/4 beat and so on)

if it is hard to describe for you due to language issues, no problem. can you provide a video to demonstrate it?
I´m pretty sure that there are two options:
a) possible to realize with the correct setting
b) impossible and you need to do it by yourself

As you´ve mentioned that it works in Traktor and given the fact that I played 7 years with Traktor...I´m confused.
Traktor is in some parts more handy within its sync function and Traktor is a little ahead inside of this if you are a sync button DJ. (what is no blame, just a way of to be used)
BUT: the basic sync options in SDJ are able to cover 99% of all scenarios, so I wonder.
Vasilis Syro 11:27 AM - 23 April, 2015
For begging. Well done BBD that is the answer.

When you playing you have to move the pitch for bpm. So I need a faster option than this to make this for me in serato. I know that i request it's something like sync but actually it's not tha sync. I don't know how to express to you with different way.

I think in traktor you have 2 option
1) sync button
2) grid match
I don't exactly to be honest
DJ Boom Bap 11:40 PM - 24 April, 2015
Are you asking for a phrase match button?
Vasilis Syro 12:45 AM - 25 April, 2015
I request samething like tempo sync!
Heltino 8:54 PM - 26 April, 2015
tempo sync is available and named simple sync.
does nothing else as setting the BPM (speed) on the decks to the same.
no sync of grid, no quantize of something.

as it is already in SDJ available, it seems that you are searching something else or another way of working with this. or you have set the sync to smart sync and did not check your settings. can you validate this?
Vasilis Syro 9:02 PM - 26 April, 2015
Yes man I know that but I steal have a problem with this solution. When I active the simple sync, the grid on greek song it's wrong! For example when I loop 4 beat, serato loop the bar wrong and I lost the trantion. Do you understand me?
Mr Wilks 1:58 AM - 28 April, 2015
Quote:
Yes man I know that but I steal have a problem with this solution. When I active the simple sync, the grid on greek song it's wrong! For example when I loop 4 beat, serato loop the bar wrong and I lost the trantion. Do you understand me?

Yiassou Vasilis, Kalimera :)

That was my chance to try my Greek as I DJ in Zakynthos from May-Sept each year so know a little.

I think Greek music can be a little harder to detect the correct BPM of the music.

Try and set a downbeat marker on the "1" of the beatgrid as this will help. This starts the beats in the right place. I think this could be the issue.
Heltino 12:45 AM - 2 May, 2015
I would love to help you Vasilis, but I serious can't follow you.
You was searching a sync that does match BPM and NOT the beat grid.
Now you explain that the beat grid on greek tracks does not work.
International: HÄ?

First: if you just like to sync the BPM, who in hell cares about the grid?
Second: SDJ has flex grids and it is possible to set a correct grid on each track in the world.
( sometimes a hell of a job, but possible!) Traktor has no flex grid, here you are pretty lost with difficult tracks.

If the language is an issue for you, what is no problem at all, can you check if there is any help in translation available?
Lexronn 6:22 AM - 12 August, 2016
Here is the best Beatgrid tutorial for any music youtu.be